5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bufo

Reaction score
Nice. I do camping also, pulling a TT so I went with the 20's instead of 22's for more sidewall. Are the tires rated an E?
I honestly haven’t even checked the load rating yet. (Only had the truck about 3 weeks) They are the stock highway tires. I will eventually change out the tires, probably go with the BFG KO2’s. I ran them on my last truck and was happy.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Added these matte black tow hooks last night when I got home from the dealership (had them check something out, which turned out to be nothing thankfully). Now just to wait for MOPAR to sell the fuel tank skid plate separately, and I will be able to complete the unavailable (at the time I purchased) protection group to my Laramie Sport. I installed the front skid plate, and x-fer case skid plate last week.

Attachments

• 53886938_2363948937212436_4840599949873774592_n.jpg
    53886938_2363948937212436_4840599949873774592_n.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 54523761_608612512899060_9619622936444928_n.jpg
    54523761_608612512899060_9619622936444928_n.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 147

RichT

Reaction score
Got some good news today from the dealership. Went in a couple weeks back for the pedal recall and showed them my backseat. There is a blemish that has been there from day1, that I did not notice for a week or so after bring it home (late december purchase). I tried to clean it at the time, but likely made it worse.

They took a picture when working on the recall and sent it to FCA for replacement approval.

Approved! (y)

Seat is on back order though, so will likely be a month+ minimum, but meh, fine with me as long as they replace it.

(rebel 12, rear passenger)

Tommym

Reaction score
Added a Undercover Ultra Flex Hard Folding Bed Cover today
IMG_1951.jpg IMG_1953.jpg IMG_1953.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got some good news today from the dealership. Went in a couple weeks back for the pedal recall and showed them my backseat. There is a blemish that has been there from day1, that I did not notice for a week or so after bring it home (late december purchase). I tried to clean it at the time, but likely made it worse.

They took a picture when working on the recall and sent it to FCA for replacement approval.

Approved! (y)

Seat is on back order though, so will likely be a month+ minimum, but meh, fine with me as long as they replace it.

View attachment 19511
(rebel 12, rear passenger)
Good luck! I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I noticed (very) minor blemishes on two of my door panels at delivery. When the replacements arrived, they look much worse...and I left the originals alone! Maybe they'll do better with your seat.

sergetexan

Reaction score
Added these matte black tow hooks last night when I got home from the dealership (had them check something out, which turned out to be nothing thankfully). Now just to wait for MOPAR to sell the fuel tank skid plate separately, and I will be able to complete the unavailable (at the time I purchased) protection group to my Laramie Sport. I installed the front skid plate, and x-fer case skid plate last week.
Nice, did the hooks just bolt on or did u have to add brackets as well as cut plastic from bumper? Same here with skid plates, should be standard on all pick ups 4wd and 2wd.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today.... Brought my 4-day old truck back to the dealer for the 4th time in as many days for "recalls".
Turns out they cant sell a truck with an open recall, and instead of doing the 2 recalls for PS and brake pedal they did the PS one 2 times...
Oh an on the 2nd visit they manage to dent the truck, so another service apt. in 2 weeks for them to pop the dent...

Not a great start, heh.

I'm right there with you man. Mine had a door ding at delivery but the deal was too sweet to pass up so they wrote me a "we owe" to remove the dent. Still haven't gotten confirmation from them on when they will actually do it......THEN the next day I got rear-ended by an unlicensed illegal immigrant from Brazil. The damage isnt too bad, probably replace the rear bumper, exhaust tips, and hitch receiver.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Rebel...Today...installed the bug deflector and front window Mopar vent visors. It started raining just after I installed the vent visors. Will do the rears at later date.
Pushed the nose into the garage to install the bug deflector. The bug deflector took the most time of all the other upgrades.
Look closer, you can see the newly installed running boards and mud flaps. Mud flaps are Weathertech...even a caveman could install. Running boards installed in about an hour...plug and play, so to speak.
You can't see the Linex in the bed. Got it just about where I want it. Next, need to install the bed lighting.
View attachment 16702
which running boards are those?

sergetexan

Reaction score
Excellent choice! I am trying to decide between Bak flip or Undercover, if you looked at both let me know why u went with Undercover. My last truck had a hard fiberglass top which was too much of a hassle to remove and reinstall when I needed. An open bed or hailed anything taller than the bed walls, the folders are the way to go for sure.

sergetexan

Reaction score
Installed Westin protraxx 5 nerd bars today. Very sturdy, black powder coat to March black truck, iPhone camera broke so no pics, sorry.

Tommym

Reaction score
Excellent choice! I am trying to decide between Bak flip or Undercover, if you looked at both let me know why u went with Undercover. My last truck had a hard fiberglass top which was too much of a hassle to remove and reinstall when I needed. An open bed or hailed anything taller than the bed walls, the folders are the way to go for sure.
I went with the Undercover because when it is completely folded up, it doesn't touch the cab. Also I liked the Ram Beast Projects video on it.

klail

Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today? Something not good.
When transporting a pallet of wood some of the green plastic wrap melted to my left exhaust tip and has now hardened. Does anyone know how I can remove the now hard plastic from the chrome? It is a fairly thin layer so I want to see if there are option before I carefully attack it with a razor blade.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today? Something not good.
When transporting a pallet of wood some of the green plastic wrap melted to my left exhaust tip and has now hardened. Does anyone know how I can remove the now hard plastic from the chrome? It is a fairly thin layer so I want to see if there are option before I carefully attack it with a razor blade.

You can try reheating it gently with a heat gun and seeing if you can peel it off with a plastic tool.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
You can try reheating it gently with a heat gun and seeing if you can peel it off with a plastic tool.

I've done this exact thing with my motorcycle some plastic flew on to the exhaust... I used a torch and heated it slowly and gently peeled it off. Do as Riccnick stated...

Last edited:

klail

Reaction score
I've done this exact thing with my motorcycle some plastic flew into the exhaust... I used a torch and heated it slowly and gently peeled it off. Do as Riccnick stated...
Thanks for the input from your experience. I will definitely give it a shot.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Nice, did the hooks just bolt on or did u have to add brackets as well as cut plastic from bumper? Same here with skid plates, should be standard on all pick ups 4wd and 2wd.

The hooks just bolt right in, you reuse one of the bolts already in the frame and are supplied with the second bolt to each side in the packaging. You have to remove a really long bolt from the frame that has a stupid lock washer on it, required some ingenuity to get that bugger out. The plastic trim / space holder pops out once you remove the lock washers and nuts on it. I made sure to order the bezels that go in their place so it doesn't look half done once you finish the job. Skid plates were actually the easiest thing yet - bolted right in, holes were already there. The bugshield was more of a pain, as were these hooks.

mike12193

Reaction score
Added some stake pocket plugs.
4c3f436900ebce410f48ec184908f0e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online