5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wet for sure.

I put each letter in a small dish with soapy water for a few seconds to soak before putting it in place. Then I used a q tip to get it positioned.

Because of the inset of the installation, a dry method will not get you good results

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Thanks, I had a suspicion that would be the case

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s why you put a large enough down payment before driving it off the lot that way you’re never upside down.

And never roll over debt into another vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That all depends on the deal you make on the truck you’re buying.
I still ended up with a good deal after I traded my 2015 Ram 3500 in on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. I‘ll convert my CAD prices to USD so you guys see my deal in your dollars.
So I got my 2019 1500 Limited 1 year old in 2020 (mint with 9k miles) for $44k out the door. I got $36k for my 2015 Ram 3500 CTD after I made the deal on my Limited for trade in, but had $13k still owing. So basically bought my $1500 Ram Limited in the end for $21k. I have some hefty payments but truck will be paid off in about another year.
I don’t think I did too bad! It’s all in the deal you negotiate!

BA35625F-95D2-4E3A-9239-CF00B4F5EEF7.jpeg

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just can’t wrap my head around financing the entire cost of the vehicle with tax, title, and tag thrown in there knowing you’re pretty upside down day 1. Which puts you in a crappy situation if you really need money and have to dump the vehicle.

I always have enough equity in the vehicle I’m trading in to where it’s a rather large down payment on the new one I purchase and the payment stay close to the same for an upgraded model.

Otherwise I don’t get another vehicle.

But telling others how to spend money or debt is like discussing oil. In the end you do what you want or have been accustomed too

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just can’t wrap my head around financing the entire cost of the vehicle with tax, title, and tag thrown in there knowing you’re pretty upside down day 1. Which puts you in a crappy situation if you really need money and have to dump the vehicle.

I always have enough equity in the vehicle I’m trading in to where it’s a rather large down payment on the new one I purchase and the payment stay close to the same for an upgraded model.

But telling others how to spend money or debt is like discussing oil. In the end you do what you want or have been accustomed too

Buy the vehicle you can afford, no more. Less is even better.

Here’s my story, which is by no means typical: I had a 2019 Laramie before my 2021 Longhorn. I paid $40K for it, sold it for $49K, and had $31K in equity.

I bought the Longhorn from Mark Dodge for $12K below sticker and put a whopping $1,000 down. Financed it for 72 months at 0%. Longest I’ve ever financed a vehicle, but at 0%, why not?

According to KBB, I’m actually in the black by about $4,000. When times return to some degree of normalcy, I’ll be underwater but so what? I kept most of that $31K in the bank, so if I had a total wreck, it’d be no different than if I had put that equity into the new truck. And if I lost my job, I’ve got nearly three years of truck payments socked away.

If I took the $31K and blew it, that’d be stupid and irresponsible. But if you keep the money socked away, you’re no worse off than putting more money down. If you’ve got a low interest rate, you may be better off with a low down payment as long as you’re responsible with the money you didn’t put down.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It really only makes sense to finance tax, title, and tag (in my opinion), if you're getting good financing. If you're getting 0%, then there's no finance charge on those items. You're better off to finance them out, and use the cash you have today to invest in something else that will make you a little return. Sometimes, I think we put too much negative light on financing. If I can get 0% on anything, I take it. Home depot projects, large harbor freight purchases, even wheels and tires on two vehicles I've had, I've all purchased on store credit cards with 0%. Then paid them off completely before the interest kicked in. I did it when I bought my 2019 ranger a year ago, too. 7 years 0%. I financed everything into the monthly payment. Then, a year and 10,000 miles later, I traded it in on my ram for the same price I bought it for! I was able to roll over $4k of equity into the ram. Crazy times we're living in.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the vehicle you can afford, no more. Less is even better.

Here’s my story, which is by no means typical: I had a 2019 Laramie before my 2021 Longhorn. I paid $40K for it, sold it for $49K, and had $31K in equity.

I bought the Longhorn from Mark Dodge for $12K below sticker and put a whopping $1,000 down. Financed it for 72 months at 0%. Longest I’ve ever financed a vehicle, but at 0%, why not?

According to KBB, I’m actually in the black by about $4,000. When times return to some degree of normalcy, I’ll be underwater but so what? I kept most of that $31K in the bank, so if I had a total wreck, it’d be no different than if I had put that equity into the new truck. And if I lost my job, I’ve got nearly three years of truck payments socked away.

If I took the $31K and blew it, that’d be stupid and irresponsible. But if you keep the money socked away, you’re no worse off than putting more money down. If you’ve got a low interest rate, you may be better off with a low down payment as long as you’re responsible with the money you didn’t put down.
Yep, that’s exactly what I do. Cash is king, and I’m keeping it until I have to pay it out. Especially when I get free money at 0%.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my way right now to get my front windshield and driver and passenger doors tinted with IR film.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another one of my “not really a what did you do to your RAM today, but tangentially related” posts. I just talked to Kelderman Air Suspension, and they’re going to be doing a bolt-on kit for the RAM 1500 within the next year. That’s pretty exciting news.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the lift isn’t too much and you are still able to get it out of the garage 😂
That is actually a concern, lol.

first strut is already out. Took less than 20 minutes. i’m about to have to stop to make dinner for my kid though, so that will grind things to a halt quickly.

image.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Bilstein 5100s on front. Position #4 since I have factory ORP.
how does the truck feel on setting #4? I have the ORP with mine set at #5 and it feels a bit "boaty" and rocks in the front. Considering dropping down to #4 soon.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Yes, but I had the other avs deflector, the AVS lightshield. I had about a 3/8 x 2" gap where I circled, I returned it. They told me that they were working on a sport hood lightshield and it would be available by last February, still waiting :sleep:
I take back all I said, It started lifting up in those spots so I pulled it off and it's going back to Amazon. I may just settle on the MOPAR deflector.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is actually a concern, lol.

first strut is already out. Took less than 20 minutes. i’m about to have to stop to make dinner for my kid though, so that will grind things to a halt quickly.

View attachment 109278
Highly recommend removing the brake caliper and supporting it so you don't stretch the brake line

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how does the truck feel on setting #4? I have the ORP with mine set at #5 and it feels a bit "boaty" and rocks in the front. Considering dropping down to #4 soon.
Rides great. If anything, it's a touch more firm than the factey ORG shocks.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Highly recommend removing the brake caliper and supporting it so you don't stretch the brake line
That’s not needed in my case. I have a rubber strap holding the spindle in a position that allows the brake hose to still have slack.

On a different note, I don’t know how I used to do this crap for 11-12 hours a day when I was younger. I’m 2 hours in and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread