5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TVDVinylDecals

Found them on Etsy of all places

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Ha, they’re who I found also. Didn’t know if they were trustworthy or not

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah man. I've thought about it the same way. I've been looking at what I would be saving in gas and factoring in maintenance to see if it would have been worth it for me. Something about the ED is still just very attracting.
To rub salt in the wound, they offered to roll the negative equity into the new truck loan for a total of $95,750. I had to stop myself from laughing at that.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To rub salt in the wound, they offered to roll the negative equity into the new truck loan for a total of $95,750. I had to stop myself from laughing at that.
BWAHAHAHA yeah I would have never done it either. I can't see myself paying more then $70K for a truck anymore. Love them, but it's just getting insane.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking over the manual for my 2021 ram rebel I bought Saturday. Yes, I’m that guy that likes reading over the stuff.

Question regards to Xm guardian on a rebel level 2 equipment group

So when I tried to activate xm guardian and register it, that specific 8.4” w/o nav build was not available to be activated. I wanted to add it along with my other vehicles (my 16 Charger is listed, but not activated, and my 2020 ram Laramie that I traded in was listed but removed).

I didn’t know that the service was not going to be part of a ram rebel 8.4” screen w/o navigation. I don’t have any of those emergency button to press, I’m not going to get any vehicle reports, or can I even try to activate navigation ( you could do it in older systems, but the new system have unique chips)

It’s a mixed bag for me…I like the vehicle reports, emergency features, but I fine with not having a monitoring system on my ram like the UConnect.

Am I the only one that got a truck without having, and not have any uconnect services?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How nice of them lol. Might as well go TRX at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U

User_76295

Order and pay through PayPal, all goes smooth!

Took a little bit for shipping, but definitely worth it. They feel like quality vinyls too

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great guy to work with, I ordered a ton of decals, he included a free grill logo flag decal set with my order. Think he even offers a 15% discount code for first orders. Quality product, cut pretty precise and really made the emblems pop! You will not be disappointed!

Attachments

• CBD0A21F-D4D8-4BD7-81D0-E28C44E08FF3.jpeg
    CBD0A21F-D4D8-4BD7-81D0-E28C44E08FF3.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 2D1D6195-47B6-48B1-9A9A-C6AC3955CDDF.jpeg
    2D1D6195-47B6-48B1-9A9A-C6AC3955CDDF.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 121

Duran

Reaction score
Looking over the manual for my 2021 ram rebel I bought Saturday. Yes, I’m that guy that likes reading over the stuff.

Question regards to Xm guardian on a rebel level 2 equipment group

So when I tried to activate xm guardian and register it, that specific 8.4” w/o nav build was not available to be activated. I wanted to add it along with my other vehicles (my 16 Charger is listed, but not activated, and my 2020 ram Laramie that I traded in was listed but removed).

I didn’t know that the service was not going to be part of a ram rebel 8.4” screen w/o navigation. I don’t have any of those emergency button to press, I’m not going to get any vehicle reports, or can I even try to activate navigation ( you could do it in older systems, but the new system have unique chips)

It’s a mixed bag for me…I like the vehicle reports, emergency features, but I fine with not having a monitoring system on my ram like the UConnect.

Am I the only one that got a truck without having, and not have any uconnect services?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Should have came already active with the vehicle

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Order and pay through PayPal, all goes smooth!

Took a little bit for shipping, but definitely worth it. They feel like quality vinyls too

Great guy to work with, I ordered a ton of decals, he included a free grill logo flag decal set with my order. Think he even offers a 15% discount code for first orders. Quality product, cut pretty precise and really made the emblems pop! You will not be disappointed!
Thanks guys, I ordered door and grille vinyl from that seller.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should have came already active with the vehicle
Well I've never seen a uconnect 8.4" system that didn't have it, but in this case, it's true. Not on the build sheet, and not on the sticker.

I compared my 2020 ram laramie sticker to the 2021 rebel sticker, and it's listed on the laramie, but not on the rebel.

Maybe it's not a bad thing that I don't have a GPS stuck up my butt and uconnect harassing me about a subscription...lol

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My sport 2021 with the 8.4 without Nav doesn’t have it ether, realllllly dumb considering all the other options it has. Usually that’s standard on most vehicles, I really only wanted it for the cell phone remote start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duran

Reaction score
Ohh that explains it. To be honest when i had the guardian it never worked the remote function didnt work and after my trial i never renewed

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I accidentally fed my Ram some 93 octane, but I had to give it a special treat after putting 400 miles on an F-150 today.
I had to walk a job down in Corpus today, so me and a co-worker hopped in one of our company trucks for the trip. It was a base model extended cab with vinyl floors and seats and a 5.0 with the 10-speed trans.

It only had 400 miles on it, but other than the vinyl seat being super comfy the rest of the truck was meh....except for the 10-speed. That new trans is supposed to be the cat's meow, but I found it to be quite annoying. The 1-2 and 2-3 shifts were harsh and the downshifting was sloppy. Completely unimpressed. It had 3.31 rear end and got pretty good mpg, but I really thought it was a v6 until we found the window sticker stuffed in the glove box.

Overall, I can't see myself going back to the Blue Oval now that I've had my Ram for 8 months.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This came in today…. Raining here so was going to hold off… then realized the front was coming in Wednesday and a party at the house Saturday… so tore the original bumper off and prepped this one to go on. Now my back hurts and have to finish it tomorrow! Ugh. 54E0980B-687E-42FD-935F-2026D4BDDFF1.jpeg D791CA9F-34A1-4D1A-B3DD-DFA0E3397684.jpeg

Klicht87

Reaction score
Yesterday, I installed the AVS Aeroskin on my Laramie with the performance hood. The site/amazon claims it didn't fit the rebel models (sport hood) but it seemed to fit just fine. I just used a heat gun to mold the angles a little bit. I had the weathertech deflector but it chewed up the top of my grill from rubbing. I've owned the aeroskin on 2 other trucks and never had any issues with it flying off on the highway or collecting dirt and grime underneath.

Attachments

• image0 (26).jpeg
    image0 (26).jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 132

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday, I installed the AVS Aeroskin on my Laramie with the performance hood. The site/amazon claims it didn't fit the rebel models (sport hood) but it seemed to fit just fine. I just used a heat gun to mold the angles a little bit. I had the weathertech deflector but it chewed up the top of my grill from rubbing. I've owned the aeroskin on 2 other trucks and never had any issues with it flying off on the highway or collecting dirt and grime underneath.
Is it tight to the hood where I circled? I could not get mine to fit without a gap there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-074415_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-074415_Chrome.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 78

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
32.5 Ft. About 6800 LBS. It sits up high too so it really catches the wind.
Okay, yeah frontal area is a killer. Still surprised me a bit being that you have the diesel. I get about 13 mpg with my hemi pulling the trailer, although it is smaller (5k #, normal height). We have a lot of hills, but wind typically isn't a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread