5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Talpa

Reaction score
Added some reverse lights as the factory ones are worthless. Haven't wired them up yet, but that will be done within the next hour or two. :D I'll be trying them out tonight.
Night pics?

U

User_76295

Put on some vinyl overlays....another step to making this one my own.

The gloss black on the tailgate is just that extra bit cooler.
a39dcd01d5420d52e84bec059bb67049.jpg
a7b9087d856e9eee1ef2d2225cbf5f34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

pmegason

Reaction score
Took my travel trailer on its first "long" trip. 500 miles round trip. The EcoDiesel did pretty good but my fuel mileage was slaughtered. I usually drive this round trip on 1 tank of fuel with 100 miles left over when i get back home. Going there I barely made it and coming home I had to stop about 50 miles from home for fuel. The head wind coming back had me down to 9 MPG. Not sure how long it will be until I upgrade to a bigger truck. Anybody ever had the engine fan run about 10 minutes after the truck has been turned off?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my travel trailer on its first "long" trip. 500 miles round trip. The EcoDiesel did pretty good but my fuel mileage was slaughtered. I usually drive this round trip on 1 tank of fuel with 100 miles left over when i get back home. Going there I barely made it and coming home I had to stop about 50 miles from home for fuel. The head wind coming back had me down to 9 MPG. Not sure how long it will be until I upgrade to a bigger truck. Anybody ever had the engine fan run about 10 minutes after the truck has been turned off?
How big is the trailer?

WReckeR

Reaction score
Met up with securityguy yesterday. Great guy, to say the least. He was generous enough to take time out of his day to help me (and by "help me", I mean he did literally everything, while I held the spare parts) hardwire in my Uniden R7. Not only was he kind enough to do this, but he did an amazingly clean install, too.

Thanks again, Larry!!! Very much appreciated, and if there is anything I can ever do to return the favor, you have my #
If I lived where he lived, I'd've probably spent a few grand more on accessories...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, I almost traded my ram in today for a ‘22 limited longhorn with an ecodiesel. Being upside down $14k on trade-in and the limited being $81k made me think twice. I was REALLY close to doing it though.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put on some vinyl overlays....another step to making this one my own.

The gloss black on the tailgate is just that extra bit cooler.
a39dcd01d5420d52e84bec059bb67049.jpg
a7b9087d856e9eee1ef2d2225cbf5f34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Where did you get the black vinyl?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Soooo, I almost traded my ram in today for a ‘22 limited longhorn with an ecodiesel. Being upside down $14k on trade-in and the limited being $81k made me think twice. I was REALLY close to doing it though.
That's a lot of upside down! Sometimes I wish I would have bought the diesel with a 33 gallon tank. Would be nice to have a 700+ mile range

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a lot of upside down! Sometimes I wish I would have bought the diesel with a 33 gallon tank. Would be nice to have a 700+ mile range
Yikeees. That’s a big upside down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way I was looking at it was either lose 14,000 now or up to 30,000 in a couple years. The car market is so volatile that I feel like my dreams of an electric truck are probably going to be pushed back for a while so I wanted to get into a diesel in the meantime before I lost 50% of the value of the ram.

However, I don’t feel good about the current pricing of new vehicles so I decided after talking to a couple salesman (one’s a vendor here) that I should just wait like I was originally planning.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The way I was looking at it was either lose 14,000 now or up to 30,000 in a couple years. The car market is so volatile that I feel like my dreams of an electric truck are probably going to be pushed back for a while so I wanted to get into a diesel in the meantime before I lost 50% of the value of the ram.

However, I don’t feel good about the current pricing of new vehicles so I decided after talking to a couple salesman (one’s a vendor here) that I should just wait like I was originally planning.
Yeah man. I've thought about it the same way. I've been looking at what I would be saving in gas and factoring in maintenance to see if it would have been worth it for me. Something about the ED is still just very attracting.

70runner

Reaction score
It is. Trip from dealer (Auburn WA) to SOCAL, 1200+ mi, needed one gas stop at 842mi on the odo and arrived with 1/2 tank. Previous truck, 2014 tundra 5.7L, would have needed 3 stops. Downside: with diesel prices in SOCAL, sticker shock with 30+gal fillup :eek:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is. Trip from dealer (Auburn WA) to SOCAL, 1200+ mi, needed one gas stop at 842mi on the odo and arrived with 1/2 tank. Previous truck, 2014 tundra 5.7L, would have needed 3 stops. Downside: with diesel prices in SOCAL, sticker shock with 30+gal fillup :eek:
Dang that is a nice range! If I had a diesel model my next trip would only require me 3 fill-ups. I'll have to do about 6 or 7 on my 2100 mile round trip. :(

Users who are viewing this thread