5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah storage boxes open. Lots of room for dogs and manly stuff back there now. Here is my “drawing” looks like a crazy person made it right now. But I’ll redraw with better dimensions if I get time. Basically traced out 1:1 on cardboard to check fit.
Haha, I’ve always done that for fab projects, with everything from stereos to wheels to custom air suspension pieces.

SmittysTrk

Reaction score
Finally received the AAWireless dongle for Android Auto. Pretty easy to pair up. Even for me. LOL Didn't have time to play with it too much but it did start Waze and let me run XM. Always thought it was a pia to have to plug the cell in every time I got in the truck. Time will tell if it's worth it or not. Then I'll work on my drop in charger.

grogol

Reaction score
I have the BUG and a soft tri-fold tonneau that has the exact same latches and I have no interference issues.

The front clamp is a screw type to apply tension so is shallow and does not interfere with using the utility rail/cleats at all. The rear clamp is a cam and the handle is longer so will contact the utility rail when the clamp is fully set. Not a big deal as the only limitation is that you cannot put your tie-down cleat on the rear-most notch when you have the cover on.

I'm looking to eventually upgrade to a hard tri-fold and the TonnoPro is on my list of finalists.
Thanks for the info!

grogol

Reaction score
No issues at all. It's been holding up well for 4 months. We'll see after this winter how good it is. Where are you buying from? I got mine from RealTruck

If I had to do it all over again, I may have gone with this one for just a bit more $$ ... https://bisontonneaucovers.com/coll...dge-ram-1500-back-flip-tri-fold-tonneau-cover
But I'm not sure how it will be installed with the BUG bed rails.
Thanks for the information! I have an Advantage Hard Hat tonneau cover on my current GMC Sierra. It is very, very similar, almost identical, to the Tonno Pro Hard Tri Fold. The Advantage is no longer made or I would get another one of them. It has held up very well for 14 years. I'm not sure where I'll get the Tonno Pro - I'll check around for pricing. My 2022 Ram should be coming here soon, so I may order the Tonno Pro this week.

natehawes

Reaction score
Just added 295/55 20” Baja Boss ATs on Black Rhino Shrapnel rims along with some Mopar mud flaps. I briefly had ridge grapplers but didn’t like the wet road performance, otherwise a great tire. Comparing to two the Baja Boss are much more aggressive looking, a little quieter and less apt to spin on wet road. The RGs were not LT tires so the Baja Boss do ride a little stiffer but still extremely comfortable so far. Only time will tell for sure but so far extremely happy with the new setup.
Now that these tires have been on your truck for a few months, do you still like them and would you recommend them?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! If Carli had that commuter kit out, I would’ve ordered it. I called them and they said maybe February. In the end, this truck will never see off-road so I just want something that’s comfortable.
I feel you. I don’t do any off roading either. Very light gravel road I travel through to get home.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Reinstalled the hook bezels,
started the grille but i just can not get the side facia to come loose.
time for some more youtube… View attachment 108447 View attachment 108448
Looks like that pin stripe around the silver did the trick. Looks good! Wish mine wasn't chrome, but I'm not spending money to change it.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sore but the fronts are done. Tackling the rear shocks tonight.
c98885bbb488264ecb6afadce6404fcc.jpg

24d1882897b3a26f5b8aeb6ac088a136.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my garage floor by myself. I’m pretty sore this morning but all in the name of a better truck!
Nice! Do you mind sharing the jack and jackstands you used? I can use my family’s shop, but don’t want to deal with listening to life stories for hours when I’m working so I’ll be doing my 3/1 lift on the garage floor.

i’m thinking about picking this up today: Crossbeam jack attachment

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can just use normal hd floor jacks from harbor freight. I’ve installed an entire 5in lift on my garage floor alone. Just takes a little critical thinking to get everything where you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Do you mind sharing the jack and jackstands you used? I can use my family’s shop, but don’t want to deal with listening to life stories for hours when I’m working so I’ll be doing my 3/1 lift on the garage floor.

i’m thinking about picking this up today: Crossbeam jack attachment

This is what I use but after the lift install, I noticed I’m running out of height on my hydraulic Jack so might be time for a new one.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

rcwash1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have what appears to be a unique problem. I was hoping to install the Bakflip MX4 on a 2020 Limited with Rambox. My installer is saying that I have to purchase different rails from Mopar. I have looked at ~ 500 posts covering the topic of the Bakflip and I have not seen this issue. I'll add pics later, but the rails are the black rails with sliding tie downs. The Bakflip instructions don't specify the need for different rails either. Has anyone encountered this? BTW, the only thing I have noticed is that the rails sit high on the bed.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have what appears to be a unique problem. I was hoping to install the Bakflip MX4 on a 2020 Limited with Rambox. My installer is saying that I have to purchase different rails from Mopar. I have looked at ~ 500 posts covering the topic of the Bakflip and I have not seen this issue. I'll add pics later, but the rails are the black rails with sliding tie downs. The Bakflip instructions don't specify the need for different rails either. Has anyone encountered this? BTW, the only thing I have noticed is that the rails sit high on the bed.
What's the PN on the bakflip? it should have came with the correct rails to install them.

Users who are viewing this thread