5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These look nice! What brand shocks? They look like Icon package.

These are nice and I almost feel bad installing them on my truck.

This is Fabtechs mild lift kit with uniball ucas. Part # K3171DL. Shocks and coilovers are Dirtlogic (Fabtechs shock side).

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally ordered a tri fold tonneau. Normally, one of the first things I do with a truck. I put it off for a while with this one because I didn't really need one yet, as it has been summer and the weather has been good. Came home from hockey practice with the boy the other night. Completely forgot our gear in the back of the truck, then it rained all night long. Lesson learned.
71MRUAboo5S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are nice and I almost feel bad installing them on my truck.

This is Fabtechs mild lift kit with uniball ucas. Part # K3171DL. Shocks and coilovers are Dirtlogic (Fabtechs shock side).
I thought DirtLogic, but didn't see anything when I did a quick search. Give us an update on how they ride after you install. I need to change my setup as my UCA's are hitting the springs when they droop down. :( Just noticed this on my past weekend trip jumping over some curbs haha.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally ordered a tri fold tonneau. Normally, one of the first things I do with a truck. I put it off for a while with this one because I didn't really need one yet, as it has been summer and the weather has been good. Came home from hockey practice with the boy the other night. Completely forgot our gear in the back of the truck, then it rained all night long. Lesson learned.
View attachment 108392
Why don’t they make the ram in that color? I (surprisingly) like that a lot.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought DirtLogic, but didn't see anything when I did a quick search. Give us an update on how they ride after you install. I need to change my setup as my UCA's are hitting the springs when they droop down. :( Just noticed this on my past weekend trip jumping over some curbs haha.

Yup I’ve had that issue in the last, tried replacing the UCAs but ultimately swapping out the factory struts for Bilsteins resolved it.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup I’ve had that issue in the last, tried replacing the UCAs but ultimately swapping out the factory struts for Bilsteins resolved it.
Yeah I don't think changing out the UCA's will change it as the swinging motion they have is still the same, so I'm looking at coilovers right now. Wish I had a few grand laying around so I could just over a kit before my next vacation coming up, but oh well.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the wheels on. Pictures don’t do justice on the awsome convex look of these wheels. My truck definitely needs a lift (it has a reverse level right now). Hopefully Real Truck’s resolution department gets the right lift kit for me from Eibach quickly.

Wheels: 22x10 -19 offset Fuel Contras in black/machine finish.

Tires: Toyo Open Country AT3 LT 285/50/22. 33” tall and 11.5 wide.

My wallet: 😥

View attachment 108329
View attachment 108330
View attachment 108331
View attachment 108332
View attachment 108333
View attachment 108334
View attachment 108336
Looks good but I’d be investing in some mud guards if you want to keep your paint on the truck.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi FLiPMaRC, I ordered a 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie with the Bed Utility Group that is being delivered soon. I am also looking at the TonnoPro Hard Tri-Fold. Did the bed rails in the Bed Utility Group cause any issue installing the TonnoPro Hard Tri-Fold? I would appreciate hearing of your experience. Thanks!
I have the BUG and a soft tri-fold tonneau that has the exact same latches and I have no interference issues.

The front clamp is a screw type to apply tension so is shallow and does not interfere with using the utility rail/cleats at all. The rear clamp is a cam and the handle is longer so will contact the utility rail when the clamp is fully set. Not a big deal as the only limitation is that you cannot put your tie-down cleat on the rear-most notch when you have the cover on.

I'm looking to eventually upgrade to a hard tri-fold and the TonnoPro is on my list of finalists.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
All the ladies going to want to ride in the back seat

You planning on carpet?

If not, consider this... For my bed divider I used orange peel wall texture and bedliner spray. Turned out great.

I tried a few different bedliner/undercoating sprays. The duplicolor bed armor was my favorite. Dries quick, covers wood great, and had the most texture to it.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Good idea with the orange peel for texture. That is sprayed with bed liner. I did a black coat of spray paint then topped it with bed liner. The orange coat would be good to hide my imperfections and screw holes.

Aschulte13

Reaction score
How does it sound? Do the storage boxes in the floor still open?
Post up a build sheet for the box with dimensions and such!!
Yeah storage boxes open. Lots of room for dogs and manly stuff back there now. Here is my “drawing” looks like a crazy person made it right now. But I’ll redraw with better dimensions if I get time. Basically traced out 1:1 on cardboard to check fit.

Attachments

• 49565374-FF36-4EEE-AF03-2230FE38B2B5.jpeg
    49565374-FF36-4EEE-AF03-2230FE38B2B5.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 124

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Good idea with the orange peel for texture. That is sprayed with bed liner. I did a black coat of spray paint then topped it with bed liner. The orange coat would be good to hide my imperfections and screw holes.
Cheap tube of paintable caulk and a putty knife would work well for that too. I was shocked how much the wood absorbed the undercoating/bedliner spray.

I'm thinking of doing one like yours but half it, then carry the same outside frame dimensions to the other side, to make a cargo tray. I've grown fond of the flip down oem one I have and don't want to lose that feature. Wonder if my sundown from my last vehicle would have enough depth. Do you remember the depth dimensions?

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Attachments

• CaptureSUB.JPG
    CaptureSUB.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the information. Now I have to look at getting a good set of springs or coilovers. I have my heart set on Fox, but the more I think about it, I don't want to spend the money on that anymore. I rather plan my trips with my little girl and enjoy the moments.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
F’in Real Truck. What a nightmare to deal with. They insisted that the part number that they had for my Pro truck stage one lift kit was the one I needed, while Eibach tech reps said that was wrong. After going back-and-forth with Real Truck over a few days, I just canceled my order. Eibach’s website says the stage one kit is out of stock and back ordered. I called Eibach directly and they told me it was actually in stock so I placed an order for the right part number. It was $40 cheaper than anybody else and it’s getting shipped from their warehouse tomorrow.

The lesson here is it pays to call and talk to manufacturers over the phone sometimes.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
F’in Real Truck. What a nightmare to deal with. They insisted that the part number that they had for my Pro truck stage one lift kit was the one I needed, while Eibach tech reps said that was wrong. After going back-and-forth with Real Truck over a few days, I just canceled my order. Eibach’s website says the stage one kit is out of stock and back ordered. I called Eibach directly and they told me it was actually in stock so I placed an order for the right part number. It was $40 cheaper than anybody else and it’s getting shipped from their warehouse tomorrow.

The lesson here is it pays to call and talk to manufacturers over the phone sometimes.
Glad you got it worked out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good but I’d be investing in some mud guards if you want to keep your paint on the truck.
Thanks for the suggestion, and I have the husky ones that other people here like getting delivered Wednesday.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out.
Thanks! If Carli had that commuter kit out, I would’ve ordered it. I called them and they said maybe February. In the end, this truck will never see off-road so I just want something that’s comfortable.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Yeah storage boxes open. Lots of room for dogs and manly stuff back there now. Here is my “drawing” looks like a crazy person made it right now. But I’ll redraw with better dimensions if I get time. Basically traced out 1:1 on cardboard to check fit.
How much cubic foot of air space is in that box?

Users who are viewing this thread