5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Plow Mount for 2019 5th Gen Ram 1500 (New Body Style With Splayed Frame Rails

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Did the Timbren SES make a difference thinking about getting a set as well. My front doesn't sag very much but if it helps reduce some additional strain I would be for it. I only do my driveway as well, have a tractor with snow blower but takes two hours to clear and in wind and cold no fun. With my Ram/Plow can do it in 10 mins in heated cab with heated seats and radio. Had about 10 inches the other day did great.
I don’t even know the timbren kit is on the truck, didn’t effect the ride at all and keeps the front end up when the plow is in the up position so much less stress on the front suspension

josh_4184

Reaction score
I don’t even know the timbren kit is on the truck, didn’t effect the ride at all and keeps the front end up when the plow is in the up position so much less stress on the front suspension
Great that's what I was hoping to hear, was it a pretty easy install as the front doesn't have factory bump stops I was curious to how it installs?

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Great that's what I was hoping to hear, was it a pretty easy install as the front doesn't have factory bump stops I was curious to how it installs?
Super easy, 30 minutes, 3 nuts/ bolts. Timbren sent me a 1/2” spacer to account for the 2” level, worked perfect.

josh_4184

Reaction score
Super easy, 30 minutes, 3 nuts/ bolts. Timbren sent me a 1/2” spacer to account for the 2” level, worked perfect.
It appears the kit includes a spacer was that not enough with the 2" level which is what I have as well? I ordered the kit just trying to see if I need an additional spacer or not? Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems to me that I read Ram now has a plow package available for 5th gen 1500s.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044560 miles.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
It appears the kit includes a spacer was that not enough with the 2" level which is what I have as well? I ordered the kit just trying to see if I need an additional spacer or not? Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
The spacer that comes with the kit is just a big flat washer. You actually need the 1/2” rubber type spacer. I believe you add a . 5 after the part #. I talked with Timbren directly to get the correct part # for a 2” level.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
L
It seems to me that I read Ram now has a plow package available for 5th gen 1500s.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044560 miles.
would love to know what changes were made for the plow package

josh_4184

Reaction score
Ram Snow Plow Prep Package

The package adds exactly what it says: the basics needed to hook up a snow plow. Under the hood, there's an upgraded 220-amp alternator to handle the load of the extra lights and motors from a plow, plus a wiring harness to plug in said plow. It also removes the active air dam to make room for plow mounts and adds a sliding rear window with defroster. All this adds $195 to the price of your four-wheel-drive Ram, which can be equipped as a Tradesman, Big Horn or Laramie with either the eTorque 5.7-liter V8 or 3.0-liter turbocharged EcoDiesel V6.

Basically the only thing worth while is the 220 amp alternator which I can definitely see being helpful. However I find it ironic that ram doesn't add any updated front suspension springs/shocks for the 1500 which is definitely needed. Also rear locker would be a nice addon. My next ram will have the plow prep but still requires after market to make it functional.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram Snow Plow Prep Package

The package adds exactly what it says: the basics needed to hook up a snow plow. Under the hood, there's an upgraded 220-amp alternator to handle the load of the extra lights and motors from a plow, plus a wiring harness to plug in said plow. It also removes the active air dam to make room for plow mounts and adds a sliding rear window with defroster. All this adds $195 to the price of your four-wheel-drive Ram, which can be equipped as a Tradesman, Big Horn or Laramie with either the eTorque 5.7-liter V8 or 3.0-liter turbocharged EcoDiesel V6.

Basically the only thing worth while is the 220 amp alternator which I can definitely see being helpful. However I find it ironic that ram doesn't add any updated front suspension springs/shocks for the 1500 which is definitely needed. Also rear locker would be a nice addon. My next ram will have the plow prep but still requires after market to make it functional.
2000 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - No Plow. I believe the weight was too much.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I already have the rear window defrost, no air dam and e locker on my Rebel. I don’t plow enough, only my driveway, to notice a difference the 220 amp would make. But, my truck does run 10-15 warmer when plowing, a cooling system upgrade would have been nice in the plow package.

josh_4184

Reaction score
I already have the rear window defrost, no air dam and e locker on my Rebel. I don’t plow enough, only my driveway, to notice a difference the 220 amp would make. But, my truck does run 10-15 warmer when plowing, a cooling system upgrade would have been nice in the plow package.
I notice when using my plow hydraulics that my lights will dim some and my HVAC blower will slightly slow when when operating the plow. Nothig major, but having a bigger battery or dual battery with 220 alternator would be nice along with the suspension upgrade to the front.

grimloktt

Reaction score

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Can you show picture of front of truck without plow attached? Did you have to cut air damn under front bumper?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Sorry no pics without plow on, I do remove lower plow frame off the truck in the spring. No air damn on the Rebel, I did have to trim skid plate a little, not anything you can see standing in front of the truck.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Sorry no pics without plow on, I do remove lower plow frame off the truck in the spring. No air damn on the Rebel, I did have to trim skid plate a little, not anything you can see standing in front of the truck.
Thnx. How did you route the power and light wires? I had mine installed today and he stuck them out right above my bumper. It looks terrible... Thnx

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Thnx. How did you route the power and light wires? I had mine installed today and he stuck them out right above my bumper. It looks terrible... Thnx

My electrical power for plow comes out of tow hook hole and my light plugs come out under skid plate. Easy to hide when not using the plow, just push the power plug back into tow hook hole and hide light plugs up inside license plate frame from behind, don’t see them at all when not using plow.

67Woody

Reaction score
Bumping this thread I finally got my Western HTS installed today, very happy how it turned out. Truck drives great with it just need some snow. Haven't had much so far in my area that averages 150"+ a year. Thanks to all that took the plunge before me.
When looking at the pictures you posted I noticed a round pipe/bar that it looks like the dealer installed over the blade and painted black. What is the purpose of this? Is it to avoid blade wear or scratching concrete as a normal blade does? Does this create an issue of not removing the snow and packing it more? Or is this mainly used on gravel drive to avoid digging into drive? Just curious.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Good a used series 1 snoway installed. Look how far out in front of the truck it is...
c66eab78237fd85f6db9b5b16f5956fd.jpg
e113600d378723714375793232dfd58a.jpg

67Woody

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going this route one day.
IIRC The rebel has the same 4x4 system as the tradesman model, the one that doesn't have Auto, but is more robust.

I'm guessing the other bottleneck is the shocks, which would probably be solved by Falcon shocks (has a setting for "heavy equipment")
If you look at my earlier post my vehicle is a 2019 Rebel. I had enough height from the factory to meet the minimum for the plow. I did end up installing Falcon Sport/Tow shocks, was fairly simple. I left the shock on the level setting and not the Heavy one. I only install the plow to move the snow and then take it off. I don't drive around with it on the truck all winter like some folks. I figure I don't need the added weight on the front and added wear on the front suspension and tires.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look at my earlier post my vehicle is a 2019 Rebel. I had enough height from the factory to meet the minimum for the plow. I did end up installing Falcon Sport/Tow shocks, was fairly simple. I left the shock on the level setting and not the Heavy one. I only install the plow to move the snow and then take it off. I don't drive around with it on the truck all winter like some folks. I figure I don't need the added weight on the front and added wear on the front suspension and tires.

Very nice, how would you say the falcon shocks handle the plow? How do you like the falcons in general?

I ended up ordering a set of falcons a few weeks ago, I'm debating running them at medium or level setting!

Users who are viewing this thread