5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Plow Mount for 2019 5th Gen Ram 1500 (New Body Style With Splayed Frame Rails

67Woody

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. I actually have a 2019 Rebel so my front end is a little different with the skid plate I think. I did the same thing you did on my 4th gen, just removed the plastic air dam. Have the lighting wiring kit already. Waiting for the frame mount yet. Hope the wiring kit is as easy or easier than the previous one.

67Woody

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a mount for a 4th gen let me know...have one in good shape, only 2 years old. Also have a wiring kit for 2011 with halogen lights that I won't need any more. Have all the instructions and included hardware.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. I actually have a 2019 Rebel so my front end is a little different with the skid plate I think. I did the same thing you did on my 4th gen, just removed the plastic air dam. Have the lighting wiring kit already. Waiting for the frame mount yet. Hope the wiring kit is as easy or easier than the previous one.

Are you installing this on your rebel?

67Woody

Reaction score
Yes, hopefully everything will work. According to the plow dealer it shouldn't be a problem.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Yes, hopefully everything will work. According to the plow dealer it shouldn't be a problem.

Would love to see pictures after you get installed. May entertain getting one for my rebel.

67Woody

Reaction score
When I get the parts, which may take 3-5 weeks, I'll try to post a picture or two once completed. I'm expecting I may have to cut some openings in the front skid plate but I hope not too large.

RTIF

Reaction score
When I get the parts, which may take 3-5 weeks, I'll try to post a picture or two once completed. I'm expecting I may have to cut some openings in the front skid plate but I hope not too large.
I have skid plates on my 2019 Bighorn Ram off road package and
did not have to cut any holes in the skid plates. Although the skid
plates on the Rebel may be different. In regards to the wiring harness, if you are adding a Western Plow, the harness is strictly plug and use, (no splicing).

67Woody

Reaction score
I have skid plates on my 2019 Bighorn Ram off road package and
did not have to cut any holes in the skid plates. Although the skid
plates on the Rebel may be different. In regards to the wiring harness, if you are adding a Western Plow, the harness is strictly plug and use, (no splicing).
Did you have to install a lift/leveling kit for your front end to have the clearance Western recommends before installation? I think they recommend 23". If you did install one what did you use and how difficult?

RTIF

Reaction score
Did you have to install a lift/leveling kit for your front end to have the clearance Western recommends before installation? I think they recommend 23". If you did install one what did you use and how difficult?

ebay

LEVELING LIFT KIT for DODGE RAM 1500 4WD 2006-2019 Made in the USA Billet Aluminum

MOTOFAB 2.5 inch leveling kit (Billet Aluminum) spacers are $36.99 for the pair they will leave the truck perfectly level with no weight in the bed. If you plan to use sand bags or some other type of ballast, purchase the 2.0" leveling kit. The kit is not hard to install, just time consuming to do it right, about 2 hrs per side including jacking vehicle up and getting the tools ready. There are a couple of great step by step videos on you tube. Follow the videos exact and you will have no problems. Your vehicle will require a four wheel alignment after installation of the kit. And yes, the vehicle rides perfectly, I just towed my Harley down south and back over 3,000 miles, no issues and the tires are wearing perfectly! I used the 2 inch Lift Kit and it has given me plenty of clearance. "Please Note" that the 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn off road package that I have already was an extra inch taller from the factory, so you may want to check your factory specs first and then start from there. I purchased my kit from:
Popular Item

eBay Seller :
duc84808 (12707 )
99.7% Positive feedback

Last edited:

67Woody

Reaction score
ebay

LEVELING LIFT KIT for DODGE RAM 1500 4WD 2006-2019 Made in the USA Billet Aluminum

MOTOFAB 2.5 inch leveling kit (Billet Aluminum) spacers are $36.99 for the pair they will leave the truck perfectly level with no weight in the bed. If you plan to use sand bags or some other type of ballast, purchase the 2.0" leveling kit. The kit is not hard to install, just time consuming to do it right, about 2 hrs per side including jacking vehicle up and getting the tools ready. There are a couple of great step by step videos on you tube. Follow the videos exact and you will have no problems. Your vehicle will require a four wheel alignment after installation of the kit. And yes, the vehicle rides perfectly, I just towed my Harley down south and back over 3,000 miles, no issues and the tires are wearing perfectly! I used the 2 inch Lift Kit and it has given me plenty of clearance. "Please Note" that the 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn off road package that I have already was an extra inch taller from the factory, so you may want to check your factory specs first and then start from there. I purchased my kit from:
Popular Item

eBay Seller :
duc84808 (12707 )
99.7% Positive feedback
Thanks for the information. I think the Rebel supposedly rides an inch higher than the stock Ram 1500 also. Right now my mount kit is on back order until mid October. I hope I can get the kit and get the lift kit installed before the snow shows up! Waiting to do it all at once since there will be more room when the skid plate and front bumper is all off. I was wanting to go with the Teraflex Sport/Towing shocks but I am concerned that they won't have a kit out before year end. I saw the prototype shocks on a TFL episode on a 2019 Rebel, seemed pretty simple. Plus I figured would be an improvement when towing my 2,400 lb boat. Hopefully they come out before year end.

67Woody

Reaction score
I’m interested in adding the same application to my 1500, what was the western plow model used in your photo/application
I have the Western HTS model plow. It does all I need to do as a homeowner with two three car wide driveways I plow. I think you could even use this plow for light commercial use with no issues. I have used mine to open a path down the street from my house when the City seems to not be able to make it out to my part of town. Western promotes these plows for 1/2 ton trucks due to reduced weight of the blade, therefore less ballast is needed in the bed of the truck.

RTIF

Reaction score
I have the Western HTS model plow. It does all I need to do as a homeowner with two three car wide driveways I plow. I think you could even use this plow for light commercial use with no issues. I have used mine to open a path down the street from my house when the City seems to not be able to make it out to my part of town. Western promotes these plows for 1/2 ton trucks due to reduced weight of the blade, therefore less ballast is needed in the bed of the truck.
Western midnight

67Woody

Reaction score
This weekend I finally got under the Rebel to do some measuring. According to Western you have to have a minimum of 19" between the frame rail and the ground for clearance when raising the blade and driving. I measured my clearance between frame rail and ground and got about 20 1/2" on level ground. Therefore it appears as if no lift/leveling kit is needed before installation on the Rebel models. I may still install one after I see how things perform later this winter. My vehicle has the standard coil springs and shocks, no air bags. It is my understanding the Rebel is supposed to have 2" more clearance than other Ram models from the factory. I would recommend if you are wanting to install a plow you check your vehicle first for clearance. My plow mount kit just arrived at the dealer today, hope to pick it up this weekend and start the install.

RTIF, I looked at the Midweight when I made my purchase, the dealers were concerned with the added weight on my 2011 Ram and recommended the HTS. I have not at this time been disappointed other than some loose wire connections at the start that I had to trouble shoot. The HTS does everything I need as a residential user, I'm sure the Midweight works just fine also. Either one makes clearing the drive much easier when you have 6 bad discs in your spine!

67Woody

Reaction score
Also towed the 2,400 lb boat for the first time this weekend. When put on the truck I couldn't notice much of a difference in ride height of the truck. This boat used to really squat the back end of my 2011 Ram down even after a Timbren upgrade on the back and front suspension. So far the 2019 Rebel's suspension is surprising me as to the weight it can carry without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread