5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Mud Flap Review

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Ordered mine directly form Weather Tech and neither set had the film in the box.

gr8ridn

Reaction score
I ordered both sets directly from Weather Tech and they came with the film . Almost missed it as it was packed in a small clear plastic pouch. I too am not sure about the effectiveness of such small protective pieces but I used them. Love the fit and finish. Drove in the rain several times since installation and they do help with the side splash.

5thGenRubyRed

Reaction score
I installed weather tech mud flaps with flare, and love them, been in many rain and snow storms and they make a huge difference. No side splash, install quick and easy. Well worth the money.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Sooooo I did not see in the instructions I received that you kept the OEM guards on. When I had weather techs on my 2013, you took them off. So I did the same to mine. It makes sense why there is a gap indent in the plastic. I threw out the OEM guards. FML

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sooooo I did not see in the instructions I received that you kept the OEM guards on. When I had weather techs on my 2013, you took them off. So I did the same to mine. It makes sense why there is a gap indent in the plastic. I threw out the OEM guards. FML
That’s tough

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
In a previous post, I ranted about the poor quality of the WeatherTech floor covers...I stand by that review--not up to WeatherTech standards.

However, I installed their mud-flaps this week, and am pleased with the product. For approximately $85 (w/tax), the four flaps fit great, were easy to install and work well. I live on a dirt/gravel road, and the difference is night and day.

Installation could not be easier (three screws for each front flap, four for the rears). The flaps are available for front or rear, fender flare and non-fender flare models.

View attachment 6698

Can you post a link to the floor mat thread?

I must be missing something. My weathertech mats fit like a glove, no issues. Wife has em in her rig too.

RamZNY

Reaction score
Looks great from the pics and reviews on this thread. I ordered mine today direct from weather tech. I will post pics after I get them and install them. Thanks!!

cw_mi

Reaction score
I have been more then happy with my Weather Tech products thru the years. I just bought their mats and splash guards. I think they look great, the fit is perfect, but the coverage from the splash guards suck. They need to be at least another 1.5" longer.
I am now in the search for replacements.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ram1984

Reaction score
That’s good they include the ppf with the mud flaps now,,I bought mine around Halloween and they didn’t include any ppf. I had some 3m ppf so I cur my own and installed before putting mud flaps on

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have a set coming in this afternoon. I will post if they came with the protective film. My order confirmation didn't mention it, but their website did when I ordered them on Tuesday.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My set just came and I just finished my installation. SUPER impressed with the quality and fit. Mine did come with the film and easy to install. From start to finish it was about 45 minutes which included cleaning the area and then prepping it with alcohol before installing the PPF pieces.

No hollow areas so no place for water or mud/snow to collect. WT did an awesome job designing these and can't speak highly enough about them. No other mud guards that I looked at for the RAM even come close!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a set coming in this afternoon. I will post if they came with the protective film. My order confirmation didn't mention it, but their website did when I ordered them on Tuesday.

There are TWO sets of instructions in the box. One for installing the flaps and the other (with the inserts in the bag) for the PPF.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
The PPF is not necessary IMO. At least not the ones WT sends with the flaps. I put them on, PIA btw, and took them right off. The flaps are designed perfectly and don't create a rub point between flare and flap that would cause paint issues.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few pics of my WT installed mud guards on the front and rear for what it's worth.....

Ram3.jpg Ram4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread