5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Disappointed in Ram

U

User_3336

I trusted the dealer plus they were pushing people out of the door.

I did my complete walk around inspection the next morning.

Since I already have equity in this truck.

I'm out of it within a month.

Parts missing were on the driver's rear door jam.
You're going to get rid of it within the month BECAUSE one part was missing?

Is there more to this story that you aren't disclosing?????????

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they give u a rental?
No they did not. I pleaded with them for one and I just got blown off. I opened a case with with FCA 4 weeks ago to "assist in having the part expedited" and I am still without a vehicle and left on the back burner until further noticed. If I call FCA and ask to speak to my case manager I am told she will return my call which she hasn't done once. I also tried and reached out to RamCares just to get thrown back in the re-occurring loop of "oh-wells". I am just bound to the phrase " It is what it is" and as far as customer service goes, Ram just doesn't care. I hope nobody has to go through the painstaking setback I have gone through with this vehicle. God BLess

dwalme

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone expects a rental from a RAM dealer. It's not their business model.

Audi, BMW, Lexus? Yes of course. You pay for that as part of the inflated car prices. You don't pay for that with RAM.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the dealer. Had some work done while going through Vagas and the dealer gave me a rental RAM through an independent whom I can;t remember and it was paid for through FCA because it was warranty work.

BigD

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone expects a rental from a RAM dealer. It's not their business model.

Audi, BMW, Lexus? Yes of course. You pay for that as part of the inflated car prices. You don't pay for that with RAM.
Are u joking? U bring your truck in for warranty work u get a rental. It's that simple. Always got a rental from GMC. They never even questioned it. Even gave me a Yukon when I was getting an Enclave fixed. Anytime a repair is expected to take more than 1 day a rental is provided if it's a warranty issue. Now if u bring in a 10 yr old truck that needs a new motor & expect a free rental, that's a different story.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For manufacturer's warranty work I thought it was dealer's discretion to give loaners, provide a rental or use a courtesy vehicle to get you off the lot? Or to tell you to kick rocks...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Right, we just pay inflated prices and get squat in return

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I never have a problem. I can get a loaner for an oil change. Always for warranty work. My local dealer will also do home pickup for warranty, it's all the quality of the service Manager
Very true, it all comes down who is running the show at the consumer level. Who is your dealership if you don't mind me asking?

dwalme

Reaction score
Are u joking? U bring your truck in for warranty work u get a rental. It's that simple. Always got a rental from GMC. They never even questioned it. Even gave me a Yukon when I was getting an Enclave fixed. Anytime a repair is expected to take more than 1 day a rental is provided if it's a warranty issue. Now if u bring in a 10 yr old truck that needs a new motor & expect a free rental, that's a different story.

There are dozens of dealers around me. It almost never happens.

Ford dealers are the same way.

Cadillac does it because they are competing with brands that do it so they do it too. But your pay for it in the price of the vehicle.

Gs72174

Reaction score
My 2019 is at the dealer now getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and they said it would be 3 days because they need to order parts. I asked for a loaner and service advisor called in for approval and was told I could have one up to 4 days.

Unfortunately the service advisor next to us said they were out of loaners and could do nothing for me.

Ram sucks.

When I had a Tundra, I was given a loaner anytime I had warranty work done that would take more than 1 day. If they didn’t have a loaner at the Toyota dealer, I could go to Enterprise and I would get reimbursed. I would expect when I buy a more expensive Ram, I’d get a loaner no matter where it came from.

Klicht87

Reaction score
My 2019 is at the dealer now getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and they said it would be 3 days because they need to order parts. I asked for a loaner and service advisor called in for approval and was told I could have one up to 4 days.

Unfortunately the service advisor next to us said they were out of loaners and could do nothing for me.

Ram sucks.

When I had a Tundra, I was given a loaner anytime I had warranty work done that would take more than 1 day. If they didn’t have a loaner at the Toyota dealer, I could go to Enterprise and I would get reimbursed. I would expect when I buy a more expensive Ram, I’d get a loaner no matter where it came from.
Why do you need to leave the truck with them if it takes 3 days to get the part? Your truck still runs, right? I would drop it off when they have the parts.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ram sucks.

When you had your Toyota, cars were plentiful. In 2021, they are not due to the chip issue thus it was a matter of keeping a lot full of loaners or make a killing selling them. I promise you, your old Toyota dealer is also out of loaners as is Chevy, Ford, Subaru, Ram, etc.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just so confused on “parts missing” without actually listing parts. And “window damage” ? It’s either broken, or not.

Before I put into my 2 cents, I would like detailed info…so far there isn’t much to go on here.

With that said, I would have never picked up and driven home in a dirty brand new car/truck, no matter how much it is.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I disagree. Its all about customer service these days. Plus with rams being $40k and up, Yes I would expect a rental/loaner when I bring it in for warranty work. Now there is a fine line though on who wants one and when. You don't deserve a loaner for a oil change. You don't deserve a loaner if your car is 20 yrs old and aren't spending money. Me personally, I wouldn't expect nor need one. I have multiple vehicles.

dwalme

Reaction score
I disagree. Its all about customer service these days. Plus with rams being $40k and up, Yes I would expect a rental/loaner when I bring it in for warranty work. Now there is a fine line though on who wants one and when. You don't deserve a loaner for a oil change. You don't deserve a loaner if your car is 20 yrs old and aren't spending money. Me personally, I wouldn't expect nor need one. I have multiple vehicles.

Ram dealers don't need to offer free loaners to sell trucks.

Yes some dealers will do it too differentiate themselves. But for people to expect it from all is a bit ridiculous.

People are not going into this with the right expectations and then walk away with hate for the brand because they are not offered something they thought they were entitled to receive. It's not the RAM business model to offer loaners like the others I mentioned above.

It's great to see some dealers do it.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No they did not. I pleaded with them for one and I just got blown off. I opened a case with with FCA 4 weeks ago to "assist in having the part expedited" and I am still without a vehicle and left on the back burner until further noticed. If I call FCA and ask to speak to my case manager I am told she will return my call which she hasn't done once. I also tried and reached out to RamCares just to get thrown back in the re-occurring loop of "oh-wells". I am just bound to the phrase " It is what it is" and as far as customer service goes, Ram just doesn't care. I hope nobody has to go through the painstaking setback I have gone through with this vehicle. God BLess
I played phone tag with ram cares, my case manager worked Monday-Friday with the same hours as me, then had the nerve to say the reason my issue was not resolved was because I failed to call her back, twice they dropped my case because of the phone tag game! Finally the 3 time a case was opened for the same issue I told her not to close my case until I told her too, and when my truck was fixed. Finally I called when she was off and talked to someone else, she also blamed this for my issues not being resolved. Then she had the nerve to tell me my truck was fixed. Not sure how could could determine that as she had never seen the truck and she was 1000 miles away! After a year of the games I finally got it lemon lawed! I guess be lucky you were only missing a part and not driving a truck with unresolved issues! Good luck with these people👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread