5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Disappointed in Ram

ShawnP

Reaction score
Dirty truck delivered with parts missing and window damage.

Avoid Ray's in Brandenburg, Kentucky.

5th Ram I have bought with dealers in 5 states.

By far the worst delivery process plus damage.

Day 9 after delivery and dealer hasn't done a thing worthwhile (washed the truck and it was still dirty).

Do better Ram.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to let them know how you feel and that it will be reflected in the FCA/Stellantis new owner survey you will be receiving. If they don't do anything about it, hammer them hard in the survey...that will get the attention of corporate who in turn will lean on Ray's.

brewdad

Reaction score

Day 9 after delivery and dealer hasn't done a thing worthwhile (washed the truck and it was still dirty).

Do better Ram.
The blame is on Ray's in Brandenburg, not Ram. Transportation damage happens and should have been caught by whoever at Ray's inspected the truck when first off loaded at the dealership. Any missing parts should have been noted by the dealership inspector and noted on the delivery paperwork. The transportation company has to pay for any damage or missing parts if noted by the dealer inspector, but if not caught, then all this has to be paid for by the dealership. As bad as this dealer sounds, they probably thought they could sell the truck without the buyer noticing the damage. Hold their feet to the fire until they make all this right.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Sounds more like a dealership issue than a Ram issue. Please be more specific about which parts were missing. Would also be helpful to know the details about this truck (year, trim level, DT or DS, options, build date, etc).
The blame is on Ray's in Brandenburg, not Ram. Transportation damage happens and should have been caught by whoever at Ray's inspected the truck when first off loaded at the dealership. Any missing parts should have been noted by the dealership inspector and noted on the delivery paperwork. The transportation company has to pay for any damage or missing parts if noted by the dealer inspector, but if not caught, then all this has to be paid for by the dealership. As bad as this dealer sounds, they probably thought they could sell the truck without the buyer noticing the damage. Hold their feet to the fire until they make all this right.
This, this and that! I would be having a long chat with that sales manager!

ShawnP

Reaction score
Trying but they seem uninterested and frankly unable to make it right.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Trying but they seem uninterested and frankly unable to make it right.
Leave them a 1 star review on google and trash them on whatever social media platforms that you can. See if that gets their attention. Most businesses these days hate to see negative reviews on social media.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Leave them a 1 star review on google and trash them on whatever social media platforms that you can. See if that gets their attention. Most businesses these days hate to see negative reviews on social media.

This exact strategy worked for me with my local dealer trying to fix my AC. I gave them negative reviews on social and called Stellantis. I had no less than 3 different managers call me to try and make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roothog

Reaction score
Curious as to what the damage is and what parts are missing? Can you be a little more informative.

U

User_3336

Do better Ram.
You didn't really go into any specifics of what was "missing" . . . . Details?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to let them know how you feel and that it will be reflected in the FCA/Stellantis new owner survey you will be receiving. If they don't do anything about it, hammer them hard in the survey...that will get the attention of corporate who in turn will lean on Ray's.
I wouldn't even waste your time with FCA. I opened a case with them over a month ago and they are literally 0 help. My truck has been at the dealership since July 6th and I have been waiting for a part to be delivered which is expected on August 13th and subject to change. I have expressed to FCA I am self-employed and depend on my truck on a daily basis. They could give 2 S****. No compensation, no customer service/care. 0% Help 100% waste of time.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't even waste your time with FCA. I opened a case with them over a month ago and they are literally 0 help. My truck has been at the dealership since July 6th and I have been waiting for a part to be delivered which is expected on August 13th and subject to change. I have expressed to FCA I am self-employed and depend on my truck on a daily basis. They could give 2 S****. No compensation, no customer service/care. 0% Help 100% waste of time.
I’m sorry to hear about the issues as that can be very damned frustrating. However, keep in mind FCA is in business to sell vehicles - and like any vehicle manufacturer they “service them when they can”. Vehicle sales drive profits and stock price, not oil changes and warranty work. It’s sad to say but the business model needs to change to customer focused instead of sales focused…take care of the customer every time and they will continue to buy FCA vehicles. Treat customers like you’ve been treated and there goes another customer.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you drive it off the lot with the problems? If so, bad move. Never accept damaged goods.

I was thinking this… if u noticed all these issues I sure as hell hope you wouldn’t take delivery of it… if u did…… bad move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigD

Reaction score
Did they give u a rental?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you accept a new vehicle in this condition, why did you not inspect it before delivery or signing the paperwork?

ShawnP

Reaction score
I trusted the dealer plus they were pushing people out of the door.

I did my complete walk around inspection the next morning.

Since I already have equity in this truck.

I'm out of it within a month.

Parts missing were on the driver's rear door jam.

Users who are viewing this thread