5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2019 RAM 1500 Infotainment to Uconnect 5

Imadjiddawi

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

myram2019

Reaction score
you need to replace the screen, radio module, and get adapter harnesses. You might want to read through this thread. Lots of info and importantly info on what you "lose" when doing this upgrade.
I didn't think i would be losing anything as i have a 12' existing. I will read thru the whole thread. thanks

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Bluetooth and WiFi connections are on the radio module, not on the screen.
If going from uc4 8” to uc5 12”

I have the screen, radio, and alpha and all.

I have noticed from my instructions I had received that I have a green, pink and burgundy cable from my uc4 radio on the 8”

On the uc5 I have a plug with 2 pigtails but no colors and a beige connector as well.

Obviously right now I have no info for hotspot, which I would love to get back. But really trying to figure out what these cable may go to to get whatever functions I am still missing and to get them working right.

Screen seems to be working but I noticed ability to use the cargo cam I was using for the uc4 8” for my front camera disappeared, and the hotspot

So these 3 cables I feel are the culprit

Anyone figure this out?

Update***
After going through thread again I found jimmy said that
Green is the bt/wifi but are yall reusing. This plugging in somewhere on uc5?

Purple/burgundy is a small wedge antennae (not sure what it does)

Pink is lte antennae

Seems these should get reused. Anyone know where in this pic the these would go?

Last edited:

kanito

Reaction score
1- correct, but this is already common knowledge. There are other means to get the updates.
2- correct, this is common knowledge also, and I don’t think people that would be doing the swap care about that.
3- Cell service? As in, the WiFi hotspot? That still works. I have the hotspot working on the 12” radio that’s transplanted into my 2017.
4- no other modules will need to be changed on a 2019+ ram
5- no PROXI alignment necessary for ram trucks. They use a powernet configuration, not proxi configuration. AlfaOBD definitely works on ram trucks, and will be necessary for this swap.
I think this swap will work no problem. I’m just waiting on a radio module that’s 3 months backordered.
HI, Jimmy how did u got the cell service,wifi hotspot, working in the transplanted radio? i just did a swap/upgrade on my 2020 12 inch to a uc5 2023 radio module, screen and telematics module, but no services are showing in the screen.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
We now know the green doesn’t seem to get used anymore.

The purple and pink are the Wi-Fi and cellular antennas will connect to a telematics box. Along with the mustard colored Sirius antenna. Then the blue goes from the telematic box to the radio.

The telematic box is my current missing piece. Hopefully can get one soon to see if we can get this working

DAPKINGT

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from uconnect4 8.4 to uconnect5 8.4 and everything is working great except the radio doesnt show usb as an available source option. The usb hub is working, it will charge phones and light up the light on my thumb drive just no option to select it as a source. If I plug in a phone it pops up on the radio and asks if I want to set up android auto and I also performed a radio software update from the usb. So I know the media hub is connected and working. Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Cmassey31099

Reaction score
So I've already gone from UC4 8.4 to UC4 12. Reading through this thread it looks like I just need a UC5 screen (68526598AC; I don't have lane keep but would like to add it in the future) and a UC5 module (68504644AF) along with the harness. Am I missing anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread