5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
68376640AE - top row is glossy
Does anyone know the part number for the ones with the matte finish for a 2022?
I am also looking for the one with the matte finish buttons anyone have the part # that can help us ?

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
This is 68376640AE:
View attachment 121153
68476031AB has the diesel exhaust brake button instead of the traction control button, so you don’t want that on a 1500.
68376640AE will work for 2019-2022.
2022 Rams DO use a different part number for that same switch bank, but only because the top row of buttons circled in the pic have a matte finish instead of gloss.
@Jimmy07 do you know the part # to the switch bank for matte finished buttons like on the 2022's ?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 do you know the part # to the switch bank for matte finished buttons like on the 2022's ?
No, but here’s the vin of a 2022 2500 with aux switches- tow/haul, traction control, front and rear park sense on top- 3C6UR5FJXNG229087
You can call any dealership parts departments, and they can tell you the part number used for that vin.

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
No, but here’s the vin of a 2022 2500 with aux switches- tow/haul, traction control, front and rear park sense on top- 3C6UR5FJXNG229087
You can call any dealership parts departments, and they can tell you the part number used for that vin.
Thanks

gkostera

Reaction score
Appreciate it. Thanks. Just an FYI MopartPartsGiant.com told me today they discontinued Part# 68376640AE, not sure how true this is.

Jd3443

Reaction score
Thank you for clarification!

Will this one work on 1500? The only difference is PTO button, but not sure if it makes any changes in wiring or programming.
I have that same switch panel. No reason it wouldn't work. The last switch should work the same way internally, whether it says Aux 6 or PTO.

Jd3443

Reaction score
so this thing uses a freescale cpu S9S08RN48 and a serial to LIN converter AMTEL ATA663454 ... it seems to have test pads that could be hijacked, but best would be to figure out the right LIN bytes to send to it. One way this could be done is by putting a LIN relaying device between this and the main bus, this way all packets sent and received can be captured..but that would only work if you have a RAM that already can talk to the unit. once those codes are figured out, making an injector with an Arduino or PIC mcu should be pretty easy.
Any luck on getting the switches themselves to activate on a 2019 yet?

Swicago

Reaction score
Any luck on getting the switches themselves to activate on a 2019 yet?
To dump the right packets, you would need this switch and a LIN bus sniffer between it and a stock truck that supports it. Mine is a 2020, so I would not be able to determine what the correct bytes would be to activate it. However, once those packets are know, injecting them to spoof enable it should not be an issue. Similar to how tazer works with live injections to enable things.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if this is legit, but a similar part number showed up on the HDRams site for the HD trucks and this was found while searching. Still digging into this. Maybe RAM is starting to offer an upgrade?

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...year=2021&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

ETA: Found this on RAM accessory parts store: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-ram1500-auxiliary-switch-kit-82216449aa

RAM1500 Auxiliary Switch Kit​

Mopar Part No.: 82216449AA
  • Aux switches are offered as an option for adding additional functionality into the highly configurable IP cluster to help control a few features built with on the vehicle such as auto level air suspension. Accessory kit consists of an AUX Switch with PDC as a whole. This kit will contain everything needed to install the AUX Switch and PDC. Trucks will need to be re-configured with LHL sales code to allow the production switches to function.

Here's the HD post:

1648939711281.png

Last edited:

UnclJim

Reaction score
I don't know if this is legit, but a similar part number showed up on the HDRams site for the HD trucks and this was found while searching. Still digging into this. Maybe RAM is starting to offer an upgrade?

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...year=2021&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

ETA: Found this on RAM accessory parts store: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-ram1500-auxiliary-switch-kit-82216449aa

• Aux switches are offered as an option for adding additional functionality into the highly configurable IP cluster to help control a few features built with on the vehicle such as auto level air suspension. Accessory kit consists of an AUX Switch with PDC as a whole. This kit will contain everything needed to install the AUX Switch and PDC. Trucks will need to be re-configured with LHL sales code to allow the production switches to function.

Here's the HD post:

View attachment 125049
right now looks like 2021 only

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Is there a way to wire these things to just work without hooking to factory stuff? Bring in a positive line, and maybe use an arduino or some other small computer to control the "digital" switches?

I cant recall if this was discussed before, been following this a long time and my memory sucks.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Pcustoms

Reaction score

Here's the HD post:

View attachment 125049
Interesting, seems to fit my '21 bighorn

Any idea how this works with the integrated trailer brake controller? Doesn't look like it will physically fit....

theRamguy

Reaction score
Jimmy my 2021 Ram Rebel has part # 68496414AD do you think it will work because mine is AD not AE ?
It works on any 21+ as they changed the BCM for that model year. The difference between. AD and. AE is negligible, this is more about the manufacturer revisions but they are all the same part.

Users who are viewing this thread