5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

HOOEYB8ED

Reaction score
Been following thread for a bit now and have tried to let dealer install the kit (worked it into purchase of truck).

2022 new body style rebel, they ordered kit #82216449AB and tried to install it today. The panel had hill decent instead of tow/haul and when they went to install the rest they found a module was already installed where the PDC was supposed to go.

So they left it all as is and are trying to work with their tech support to figure it out.

Will keep you guys updated.

I looked at the kit at the dealer and the PDC that's in the truck and I am missing a relay and fuse (terminals are not present in the panel) the harness also goes into the body harness instead of sitting on top so we'll see what they come up with.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been following thread for a bit now and have tried to let dealer install the kit (worked it into purchase of truck).

2022 new body style rebel, they ordered kit #82216449AB and tried to install it today. The panel had hill decent instead of tow/haul and when they went to install the rest they found a module was already installed where the PDC was supposed to go.

So they left it all as is and are trying to work with their tech support to figure it out.

I looked at the kit at the dealer and the PDC that's in the truck and I am missing a relay and fuse (terminals are not present in the panel) the harness also goes into the body harness instead of sitting on top so we'll see what they come up with.
Any idea what they would have charged you to install if it wasn’t worked into the price of the truck?

CHAZREBEL

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I have been looking for this part for sometime now. I have reached out to the dealerships and they have told me that there is none of these in the warehouses or in any of the dealership stock. (all of USA)

I have exhausted so many option including salvage yards.

Searching google with the part number is a waste because everyone that says they have them don't really have them. soon as you place order they cancel due to them not being available.

I have placed a picture below of the exact one I need. If you guys can please help me find where I can purchase this used or new. Maybe someone is parting out a crashed truck or something.

Part# 68376640AE
1663782511260.png

I own a 2022 Ram Rebel 3.0L. I have watched one other person install this into their 5th gen ram and have success. I will leave videos and links below so everything is all in one place.

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/kt_EezbVmbs
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/YAFiIOdZMRA
Part 3 - https://youtu.be/thIZHYupy58
Wiring Kit - https://www.4wheelelectronics.com/product-page/2019-present-ram-auxiliary-button-relay-kit-5th-gen

Tali24

Reaction score
I literally spent the last hour going over this complete tread, wish I would have seen it before I found the switches as well as the relay box online and ordered everything. I even reached out to tazer and they say they will work at activating the switches on all model year DTs, but after reaching out the Jimmy and talking to him yesterday I'm sure they are just full of ****. I have contemplated trading my truck in, but I have a Built to serve edition in the GATOR color and don't want to part with it as it's only 1 / 1,000 in the wild. From what I see on here there is some very smart people trying to crack this wide open, but have not had success. I am willing to help in anyway I can. I have the correct switch panel layout needed, I have the relay box from 4wheel I have AlfaOBD running to a Samsung Tablet via OBDLink MX+ and a Taser on the way. I would really like to get these to work since its a cleaner look and with all the time I invested trying to get the parts needed. Please don't make run two Switch Pros lol

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you going to give the Tazer a shot anyway just in case by some miracle they figured it out. I too think they are full of sh#t like you.

Tali24

Reaction score
Are you going to give the Tazer a shot anyway just in case by some miracle they figured it out. I too think they are full of sh#t like you.
Oh yes I will give it a try still, I have already invested so much time in finding the parts / money I owe it to Gator to give it a try. I do feel the most confident in what Jimmy told me as by talking to him you know he isn’t full of it, he also isn’t selling us anything so you know. I am one that will go out of the way to call someone out on their **** for just trying to sell me something. I will say I reached out to 4wheel when I first had issues and they replied a few times then nothing. I have half the mind of filing a claim with PayPal since they are sell everything in a false pretense.

Tali24

Reaction score
So just an update like i thought tazer did nothing but give me a Rebel Splash Screen. No Joy on the switches.

Tali24

Reaction score
That's not possible. They said it would work! 😂 it was worth a shot.
I know a company would never lie to sell products we must just be doing it wrong. I’m not gonna lie if it wasn’t for my limited edition color and the fact that I have already mounted my roof rack I would consider changing trucks to a 22/23 model year. I’ll just stick with my switch pros I guess. I also have to wrap up that project so I can get my passive entry upgrade going.

Tali24

Reaction score
I feel like Ram screwed the pooch on the BCM issue, but then again my Wife’s 22 Durango RT Plus still has a back up camera from the first year they started putting them in.

22 BlackWidow

Reaction score

Super curious about this and some what disappointed to hear it didn’t work.
I was just about to order this kit.

Please keep the updates coming

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few settings that people are using with the 21+ navigation trucks.

Can someone break Down the alpha settings needing to be adjusted in order to get these live? Someone that has this and a 21+ with nav that is working successfully

Tali24

Reaction score
Nav isn’t a requirement, just the new BCM that comes on 21+ 1500 or any 2500/3500

Here are the settings from the good father himself

Attachments

• 4EDBD6D6-4C5F-4C9D-B997-770723B5B934.jpeg
    4EDBD6D6-4C5F-4C9D-B997-770723B5B934.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 76

Tali24

Reaction score
In all honest paying for Nav now is pointless with the integration of Apple car play and android auto.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
In all honest paying for Nav now is pointless with the integration of Apple car play and android auto.
Yeah I agree. I had read there was something that the nav one has that the other doesn’t. Either way covered both ways, so should work

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Ok thanks to @Tali24 I have tested and the switches work. See pic. So there is another switch part number that i used from what others have mentioned. I can verify at least 21 with 8” screen the switches work. I cannot find where the settings are to customize how the switches work. Like changing to momentary or on/off. Can someone provide info on this step. Added all the items below but wondering if will take some down cycles before the menu displays , or if there is something else I need to do. See pics below if anyone can help. D4E71D00-EE70-497E-B2E8-7A26120A7B7B.jpeg

Attachments

• 379C0FD6-634B-42BD-BAA6-B89DF6F9C898.jpeg
    379C0FD6-634B-42BD-BAA6-B89DF6F9C898.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 58

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
That’s awesome.
So what was the different part number?
68476024AB

Now the down news. I was trying to reach out to 4WHEELelectronics.com and Craig seems to of stopped answering any type of communications. I tried to call his phone number and just goes straight to voicemail. I tried to email him and nothing. I also tried to chat with him and nothing. And when I say nothing I mean he hasn’t answered once on the 7 emails, 10 different chats, 15 calls and 10 voicemails over the past couple months.

Maybe someone knows how to get ahold of him but man a good idea but this company seems to really be lacking even to say hey I can’t get materials to make these or something.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, as you may need to find a different relay, or even the oem type relay setup. Other than the switch I’m told that may work too

22 BlackWidow

Reaction score
Appreciate it.
I was planning to build my own anyway.
It’s pretty easy if you know what your doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/