5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

RAudiJ

Reaction score
The Difference in the 77072424/AB kits and AC are the instructions only. Either they changed assembly order or Torque specs. I will be able to compare the AB instructions soon, as my build is a few weeks out. This was confirmed through Ram.

Fetch

Reaction score
About to buy a 2020 ram 1500 crew cab long box sport and dealer quoted me $3100 CDN to install ORP springs and lift kit. That’s seems outrageous

doolin64

Reaction score
My dealer watched $2500 for the lift and install. Given you're installing ORP springs and it's CDN prices, it doesn't seem too out of whack. Then again, I refused to pay that. I'm waiting to score the lift for $1100 or so and my local offroad shop said $500 to install with alignment.

RAudiJ

Reaction score
The 2 Inch MOPAR Lift Kit I have is re-labeled as an AC Kit from AB. The included instructions are Dated 10-31-19 and have an AB suffix.

Previous instructions are dated 4-10-18, which is what MOPAR currently links as the installation instructions for the AC kit. (only ones I can find online).

The instruction details vary only in minor parts install step details, of which there are 14 changes. No Alignment or Torque spec changes.

Part # changes are for the Front and Rear Shocks, as well as the Rear Track Bar Bracket, which have changed from AA to AB. These are New as of 2019.

I have no idea why these 3 part numbers changed.

Oddly, the 1 bolt that has an AC suffix is from 2005.

du4life25

Reaction score
So my dealer told me yesterday that I can't run 35" tires with ORP and a 2" Mopar lift. They said that they'd have to trim to make the 35's fit and there isn't much clearance for tire travel so if I ever went offroad I'd bottom out. It seems like guys on here are running that setup all the time. What am I missing?

Jsyjud

Reaction score
My dealer watched $2500 for the lift and install. Given you're installing ORP springs and it's CDN prices, it doesn't seem too out of whack. Then again, I refused to pay that. I'm waiting to score the lift for $1100 or so and my local offroad shop said $500 to install with alignment.
I paid $1,012 for the lift and the dealer installed it for $385 including the alignment...

Jsyjud

Reaction score
So my dealer told me yesterday that I can't run 35" tires with ORP and a 2" Mopar lift. They said that they'd have to trim to make the 35's fit and there isn't much clearance for tire travel so if I ever went offroad I'd bottom out. It seems like guys on here are running that setup all the time. What am I missing?
I have 285/65s (34.6 tall) no issues or rubbing...

svelectric

Reaction score
Is there any market for the old parts from my stock suspension after having the mopar lift put on? Or a good idea to hang onto them?

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Hi, I feel like I keep asking the same thing over and over and get myself confused.
I was looking into lifts, the Mopar 2" doesn't seem like it makes much of a stance difference. I have a 2020 Sport non-orp/org. The 2" Mopar looks seriously raked.
Would the motofab 2.5" and 1" rear level give a similar stance? Would you need new UCAs?
Or can I add a 1"-1.5" spacer to the front of the Mopar lift to level it off?

Seems like the $2k plus(cad) for the Mopar kit is a little heavy considering it won't look much different upfront, imo. I just want a higher front end and good ride quality with no issues (balljoints, etc)

RAudiJ

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to look at the AB and the just available AC kit side by side. Only change is the I-Sheet dated 3-5-2020; KB6862538AC, which includes 2 steps warning not to fully compress rear shocks. See: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10176477-9999.pdf

Also another Crew Cab short box had just been finished. The truck looked great, no excessive rake.

My Crew Cab mid box is being built for delivery today.
I have both the AB and AC I-Sheets and kits.

Last edited:

Fetch

Reaction score
Hi, I feel like I keep asking the same thing over and over and get myself confused.
I was looking into lifts, the Mopar 2" doesn't seem like it makes much of a stance difference. I have a 2020 Sport non-orp/org. The 2" Mopar looks seriously raked.
Would the motofab 2.5" and 1" rear level give a similar stance? Would you need new UCAs?
Or can I add a 1"-1.5" spacer to the front of the Mopar lift to level it off?

Seems like the $2k plus(cad) for the Mopar kit is a little heavy considering it won't look much different upfront, imo. I just want a higher front end and good ride quality with no issues (balljoints, etc)
Because its a lift, not a level. Add the ORP front springs if you don't have on truck already or add a spacer to the front if doing lift. Or just add spacers to the front to level it and be done.

RAudiJ

Reaction score
Picked up my Crew Cab 6'4" Box Ram 1500 with ORP and MOPAR 2" AC version lift this evening. Ride is as good as it was without the lift. Better ride quality than the Ford Tremor. So ride quality is good with ORP and lift combined. Rake is good as well.

AC kit parts are identical to AB kit. 2 steps have been added to the assembly instructions warning not to fully compress rear shocks, per above post.

So, I would not shy away from an AB kit knowing this information.

Last edited:

RAudiJ

Reaction score
My wife and I have been driving the truck all weekend. She likes the way it rides and drives.
I am very pleased with way drives and handles. I am glad we installed the factory 2 inch rear spacer, as the truck has about 1-1/8" rake.
Measured from wheel center to fender. 25-½" front, 26-5/8" rear.

Nearly went with a 1-½" rear spacer based on forum discussion.

So, 2021 Ram 1500 CC 6'4" box ORP package and MOPAR 2 inch lift, AB/AC version.

Azango

Reaction score
Just got it back from the shop. As promised here are some photos. Mopar 2" w/ORP springs in the front only. 35X11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm very happy with the look. I will post measurements tomorrow once I find a flat surface (looks pretty darn close to level). As far as ride goes it drives like a truck should now IMO. I can give a better drive report once I hit some dirt roads.

Edit:. I didn't have a tape measure on me when I took the photos :sneaky:
Hi Jeff, did you only add the ORP springs to the lift or did you also add the spacer? How much Rake do you have now. Just wondering, my Rake is about 3inch after I added the Mopar Lift with 34inch tires. We have the same trucks so need some wisdom to raise the front. Also curious if the UCA angle changed

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Jeff, did you only add the ORP springs to the lift or did you also add the spacer? How much Rake do you have now. Just wondering, my Rake is about 3inch after I added the Mopar Lift with 34inch tires. We have the same trucks so need some wisdom to raise the front. Also curious if the UCA angle changed
Yes, I only added the ORP springs in the front with the mopar lift, no additional spacers. Seems a bit odd that you have a 3" rake after the mopar lift. If you add the ORP springs in the front you will only gain another 1". I had .5" rake right after install, I havent measured it lately but
The stance hasn't changed much.
As far as UCAs I upgraded to Rough Country because I didn't like the angle of the mopar UCAs while towing my boat. Much happier with the angle on the RCs.

Azango

Reaction score
Yes, I only added the ORP springs in the front with the mopar lift, no additional spacers. Seems a bit odd that you have a 3" rake after the mopar lift. If you add the ORP springs in the front you will only gain another 1". I had .5" rake right after install, I havent measured it lately but
The stance hasn't changed much.
As far as UCAs I upgraded to Rough Country because I didn't like the angle of the mopar UCAs while towing my boat. Much happier with the angle on the RCs.

Just got it back from the shop. As promised here are some photos. Mopar 2" w/ORP springs in the front only. 35X11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm very happy with the look. I will post measurements tomorrow once I find a flat surface (looks pretty darn close to level). As far as ride goes it drives like a truck should now IMO. I can give a better drive report once I hit some dirt roads.

Edit:. I didn't have a tape measure on me when I took the photos :sneaky:
How much are yawl getting the new AC (77072424AC) kits for ??? With Shipping I can't find anything cheaper than 1400-1500! I have seem folks in here find them shipped for around 1100-1200.
I paid around $1100 for the AC Kit and $400 for the Install. The Rake is bothering me so I am going to add the Off RD Springs to the front.

Azango

Reaction score
Got the truck back and i couldnt be happier with it, thank you to everyone on here for the guidance and help.
mopar 2" lift (updated kit) happy with the rake offset , rough country .25 wheel spacers , and 295/60/20 ridge grapplers
Hi Gray I am confused, What Rough Country item did you add? UCA?

Users who are viewing this thread