5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

doolin64

Reaction score
I have the 22inch night edition rims and planning to do the Mopar lift. Any rubbing with the Nitto's? I had the Nitto's on my Sierra and loved them.
Look forward to seeing yours, I have the same truck/model/color on order minus the protection group and rambox's plus the MFT.

Golferkris

Reaction score
Had anyone who ordered their lift kit from the dealer received one recently? I ordered mine two week ago knowing they were on back order. Just curious if they have been shipping them out yet?

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I have the 22inch night edition rims and planning to do the Mopar lift. Any rubbing with the Nitto's? I had the Nitto's on my Sierra and loved them.
I've only rubbed once but have not had a chance to look underneath to see if I could find where but it was a slight rub. It was on the driver side and I was in reverse, full lock to the right, when my driver side wheel dropped off a curb and I heard the slight rub. Other than that, no issues. I don't go off-roading so have not had any real true tests. I do have 1.5 rear and 1.25 spacers on order (backorder) but we will see how that goes. I'm hoping the spacers don't cause additional rubbing. I'm trying to bring the tires out just slightly (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch) beyond the fender more fore a wider stance look. :)

Morenar

Reaction score
I've only rubbed once but have not had a chance to look underneath to see if I could find where but it was a slight rub. It was on the driver side and I was in reverse, full lock to the right, when my driver side wheel dropped off a curb and I heard the slight rub. Other than that, no issues. I don't go off-roading so have not had any real true tests. I do have 1.5 rear and 1.25 spacers on order (backorder) but we will see how that goes. I'm hoping the spacers don't cause additional rubbing. I'm trying to bring the tires out just slightly (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch) beyond the fender more fore a wider stance look. :)
Thanks, I reached out to the dealer I purchase my RAM at and spoke with their accessories rep. I asked them about their lifts and mentioned to them about the MOPAR 2in lift. He tells me they either do a 1.5 level or 4-6 inch lifts. Either Pro-comp for leveling kits or BDS for the lifts. He sent me a pic of one they just did with a 4 inch BDS lift with 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge grapplers on stock 22 in night edition wheels where they added spacers to avoid rubbing. Basically like mine instead it was red and not billet silver. Looks pretty sweet but the lift with tires they were quoting $7500 including alignment, speedo recal and of course their thing is they warranty anything that fails during the factory warranty.
I reached out to a shop near me who did my bed liner on my Sierra and will be installing my Bakflip next week. They do lifts so I will get a price from him on doing the MOPAR Kit if I buy it. They install Zone (which is a BDS subsidiary) Rough Country, and Readylift. I've been looking at the Readylift 3.5 but it's only UCA's and Spacers. Reviews show the ride is not that much different than stock. I like the MOPAR because the shocks do get replaced and the UCA's. I assume the UCA's on the Readylift are better than the MOPAR kit.

Attachments

• IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 240

doolin64

Reaction score
Thanks, I reached out to the dealer I purchase my RAM at and spoke with their accessories rep. I asked them about their lifts and mentioned to them about the MOPAR 2in lift. He tells me they either do a 1.5 level or 4-6 inch lifts. Either Pro-comp for leveling kits or BDS for the lifts. He sent me a pic of one they just did with a 4 inch BDS lift with 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge grapplers on stock 22 in night edition wheels where they added spacers to avoid rubbing. Basically like mine instead it was red and not billet silver. Looks pretty sweet but the lift with tires they were quoting $7500 including alignment, speedo recal and of course their thing is they warranty anything that fails during the factory warranty.
I reached out to a shop near me who did my bed liner on my Sierra and will be installing my Bakflip next week. They do lifts so I will get a price from him on doing the MOPAR Kit if I buy it. They install Zone (which is a BDS subsidiary) Rough Country, and Readylift. I've been looking at the Readylift 3.5 but it's only UCA's and Spacers. Reviews show the ride is not that much different than stock. I like the MOPAR because the shocks do get replaced and the UCA's. I assume the UCA's on the Readylift are better than the MOPAR kit.

Most offroad shops I would think would have no problem installing a Mopar lift. It's an easy lift to install from what I see. Especially if you not doing it in your backyard on jackstands.

I will say that red one does look great though. But $7500 is way too much money IMO.

FancyBear

Reaction score
Hey everyone, read through a lot of this but still have some questions. I have a 2021 Ram without the ORP, and just ordered the Mopar 2" lift (Link to Mopar Lift) which is the updated kit. I have about 2" now of rake like most others, and want to truck to sit close to level (1/2" - 1" or so of rake i don't mind i tow/haul occasionally), so i want to make sure I'm getting the rights parts. I was looking at the Wulf front spacers to fix that, is this similar to what people have had success with? I know a lot of people also run just the front ORP springs which is an option too.

Edit: I plan on running 35x11.50 RG's on 20s

Reaction score
Hey everyone, read through a lot of this but still have some questions. I have a 2021 Ram without the ORP, and just ordered the Mopar 2" lift (Link to Mopar Lift) which is the updated kit. I have about 2" now of rake like most others, and want to truck to sit close to level (1/2" - 1" or so of rake i don't mind i tow/haul occasionally), so i want to make sure I'm getting the rights parts. I was looking at the Wulf front spacers to fix that, is this similar to what people have had success with? I know a lot of people also run just the front ORP springs which is an option too.

Edit: I plan on running 35x11.50 RG's on 20s
I tried running the ORP front springs and I do not know how the others do it. The handling on the truck was abysmal. Also, I tried to fit 35 x12's (wheel = 20 x 10 -24 mm offset) with that set up and they flat out wouldn't fit.

That said, on the Mopar lift without the ORP front springs I have a 2" rake and I hate it. It looks even more exaggerated with the lift.

Please let me know if you go the spacer route as I tried to put the Motofab 2.5's on and that was a no go as well. :(

FancyBear

Reaction score
I tried running the ORP front springs and I do not know how the others do it. The handling on the truck was abysmal. Also, I tried to fit 35 x12's (wheel = 20 x 10 -24 mm offset) with that set up and they flat out wouldn't fit.

That said, on the Mopar lift without the ORP front springs I have a 2" rake and I hate it. It looks even more exaggerated with the lift.

Please let me know if you go the spacer route as I tried to put the Motofab 2.5's on and that was a no go as well. :(
Ya I read elsewhere on here people run the Wulf spacers up front, which i would like to do at least 1" in front if thats the case. Hoping someone who has run them or similar will chime in.

Goddard_304

Reaction score
I have lift with .5 wulf ...still got around 1.25 rake
75bbbff1a6a8a89e9d3561d409427c0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Morenar

Reaction score
Most offroad shops I would think would have no problem installing a Mopar lift. It's an easy lift to install from what I see. Especially if you not doing it in your backyard on jackstands.

I will say that red one does look great though. But $7500 is way too much money IMO.
Think I am going to go with the 3.5 Readylift SST with UCA's and leave preload spring spacers out and use the adjustable Bilsteins on the front to level the rest out. From reading on here the preload springs drastically reduce the ride quality. Local shop will install it with alignment for $1300.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think I am going to go with the 3.5 Readylift SST with UCA's and leave preload spring spacers out and use the adjustable Bilsteins on the front to level the rest out. From reading on here the preload springs drastically reduce the ride quality. Local shop will install it with alignment for $1300.
Can confirm preload spacers suck. My BDS lift has a 1” preload spacer and it kills the ride. I’m looking to replace with 5100s more than likely.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Had anyone who ordered their lift kit from the dealer received one recently? I ordered mine two week ago knowing they were on back order. Just curious if they have been shipping them out yet?
Just ordered mine on the 21st and est date is the 10th nov. But told may come in sooner. Going to be running ridge grappler 295/60/20. Think this will be a solid set up for Mostly road and a weekend trip here and there to local area of light off roading.

troymi

Reaction score
Posted in another thread, then found this thread. Anyone done a lift or level on a 2020 Ecodiesel?

The Mopar 2" states for Hemi only, so dealer won't do it. Anyone change front end to Bilstein 5100s or Fox coilover? Any pics?

Anyone do any lift/level to the ED, pics appreciated. Thx.

NoLiF3

Reaction score
Hey guys I got the 2" kit installed right after I bought my 19' right after the truck came out I have read thru this whole post a few times looking for the part # for just the spacers and can't find it, all I've seen for part #s is for the entire kit. Can anyone link the post w/ it or just post the part #. My dealership cant find it either so they are still looking but I figured I could find it faster on here.

NoLiF3

Reaction score
If it’s the outdated one, you will need to updated spacer (PN 68465604AA). I will say the spacer is just over 1/2”. Which still left me with 1 1/4” rake. I added ORP springs which is about a 1” longer than the NON-ORP. That gave me a close to level setup.
found this in a different thread so I guess I found it

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse here, So what I am hearing is that the Mopar 2" lift will do just that....lift the truck exactly as is with the same rake..? I could run .5" wulf spacers and need to change nothing else and get a closer level and keep ride quaility?

Thanks in advance.

svelectric

Reaction score
Can I swap in a shorter rear spacer for the mopar kit like a 1.5 inch motofab? Instead of the 2 inch it comes with? I have seen a few pics where the back end is really high. I want rake but not a ton like I am seeing even out of the new kits.

Golferkris

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if 35x12.5 R22 stock rims will work with the mopar 2” lift with out rubbing or issues?

Morenar

Reaction score
Can confirm preload spacers suck. My BDS lift has a 1” preload spacer and it kills the ride. I’m looking to replace with 5100s more than likely.
Headed over to the shop that I was going to have the readylift 3.5 installed at and mentioned to him that I would not want the preload spacer added and instead use the 5100 at setting 4 or 5. He went bonkers on me, saying why would I believe what I read online about the Readylift kit as it comes causes a horrible ride with the preload. He said he had installed loads of them and no complaints ever.
He said he would only install what comes with the kit and that's it.
I said thank you and headed out. Looking at another shop now that did my leveling kit on my Sierra a few years back.

Jsochasky

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just received my truck back from having the 2” Mopar lift installed with the “AC” part number. It’s a 19’ 6’-4” crew sport without ORP. I also had 33/12.50/22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s also installed at the same time by the dealership. I have read a lot about this kit from this thread and with most people’s dissatisfaction of the rake associated with the earlier models. I can confirm with the “AC” kit and without the ORP springs that it sits closer to level than what I have been seeing and hearing from other posts. The ride is very close to stock with taking heavier bumps smoother (tighter rebound than the stock configuration) with only a slight amount of additional road noise. I chose to go with the 33’s over 35’s for ride and fuel consumption in mind. I personally like the rake as I tend to tow or haul semi occasionally with plans of having air bags installed at a later date. First picture is the truck stock and second is at the dealership after install. The pictures on my driveway show more of a rake due to the slope of my driveway.

Attachments

• 3819D335-E0E3-471E-8F69-B01B78F85A85.png
    3819D335-E0E3-471E-8F69-B01B78F85A85.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 322
  • F0D10A7F-0694-41BF-8B2E-6D08713FFA66.jpeg
    F0D10A7F-0694-41BF-8B2E-6D08713FFA66.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 325
  • 49F21BC4-0610-4E41-BB29-237B76BC666C.jpeg
    49F21BC4-0610-4E41-BB29-237B76BC666C.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 336
  • FC2E3B38-74D8-465C-B82F-D1DD16B9532C.jpeg
    FC2E3B38-74D8-465C-B82F-D1DD16B9532C.jpeg