5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Guys,
I spent the last 4 days going back to the beginning of all 39 pages of this thread on the 2” Mopar lift. There is some fantastic and vital information on here and I want to thank all of you for taking the time to post the detailed information, pics and trouble shooting based off your experience and first hand knowledge of these awesome Rams! Obviously there are so many choices and different brands on the market for lifting/leveling but after seeing all the pics of your trucks and reading all the comments, I’m sold on the Mopar 2” lift. Since I already have the ORP shocks and coils on my North Edition, this lift will give me the look and ride that I want. I plan on keeping my truck so keeping it Mopar will help tremendously as I plan on getting an extended warranty later on. This forum is fantastic and the information and knowledge I’ve gained in the short time I’ve been a member is unbelievable! Thanks again guys and I look forward to reading more posts and sharing pics once I get my first mods of tires and the Mopar lift.
PS. It’s a damn good thing my wife is working out of town this week because I’ve spent more time on this forum in the last 4 days than any man should!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys,
I spent the last 4 days going back to the beginning of all 39 pages of this thread on the 2” Mopar lift. There is some fantastic and vital information on here and I want to thank all of you for taking the time to post the detailed information, pics and trouble shooting based off your experience and first hand knowledge of these awesome Rams! Obviously there are so many choices and different brands on the market for lifting/leveling but after seeing all the pics of your trucks and reading all the comments, I’m sold on the Mopar 2” lift. Since I already have the ORP shocks and coils on my North Edition, this lift will give me the look and ride that I want. I plan on keeping my truck so keeping it Mopar will help tremendously as I plan on getting an extended warranty later on. This forum is fantastic and the information and knowledge I’ve gained in the short time I’ve been a member is unbelievable! Thanks again guys and I look forward to reading more posts and sharing pics once I get my first mods of tires and the Mopar lift.
PS. It’s a damn good thing my wife is working out of town this week because I’ve spent more time on this forum in the last 4 days than any man should!
Good choice on the lift, can't wait to see pictures.

Reaction score
Ugh I got lost on about page 7...... basically I have 1 question I have my truck booked in for the mopar 2” lift on Monday and I need confirmation that if I purchase the 35x12.5 tires that they will in fact fit and not rub a tremendous amount on the factory 20x9 wheels? Thanks in advance for any feedback 78AAA809-DE4E-45F1-914B-91A0CA1D21A7.jpeg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh I got lost on about page 7...... basically I have 1 question I have my truck booked in for the mopar 2” lift on Monday and I need confirmation that if I purchase the 35x12.5 tires that they will in fact fit and not rub a tremendous amount on the factory 20x9 wheels? Thanks in advance for any feedback View attachment 58107
First off awesome picture. I have the mopar lift with 35x11.5 ridge grapplers with no rub. With that being said before I put on my 1.25" wheel spacers I was only about .25" from the upper control arm so it will be very close. Sorry I can't tell you for sure but someone else with the 12.5's will chime in. I have the same wheels as you.

EDIT:. Oh yeah I should mention I have ORP springs in the front.

Last edited:

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Ugh I got lost on about page 7...... basically I have 1 question I have my truck booked in for the mopar 2” lift on Monday and I need confirmation that if I purchase the 35x12.5 tires that they will in fact fit and not rub a tremendous amount on the factory 20x9 wheels? Thanks in advance for any feedback View attachment 58107
Good question. From all the reading I’ve done and talking to dealers, you can fit 35s with the Mopar lift without rubbing. But depending on who you talk to, some guys say that’s true as long as you only have 11.5s. Other guys say 12.5s didn’t rub and some have had to do minor trimming to avoid rubbing. I was originally going to just level my truck but I was concerned about my 295/60R20s rubbing so I’m going with the Mopar lift and shouldn’t have any issues???

Clyde

Reaction score
Ugh I got lost on about page 7...... basically I have 1 question I have my truck booked in for the mopar 2” lift on Monday and I need confirmation that if I purchase the 35x12.5 tires that they will in fact fit and not rub a tremendous amount on the factory 20x9 wheels? Thanks in advance for any feedback
My 34” x 11.5” tires did rub with the Mopar lift. (Actual dimensions of my 34” falkens are 34.4” diameter - same as BFG KTO 35” tires).

It was a slight rub that went away after adding ORP springs to the front of my truck.

Reaction score
My 34” x 11.5” tires did rub with the Mopar lift. (Actual dimensions of my 34” falkens are 34.4” diameter - same as BFG KTO 35” tires).

It was a slight rub that went away after adding ORP springs to the front of my truck.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for your input.... I’m confused because I see guys on here that put the MOPAR lift on and are running 22” stock wheels with 35x12.5

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793

So as I understand your 35x12.5 tires fit and don’t rub?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.... I’m confused because I see guys on here that put the MOPAR lift on and are running 22” stock wheels with 35x12.5
Is the wheel offset the same for stock 20's and 22's? That may be the difference. 35" tire is still a 35" tire no matter what size rim you have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the wheel offset the same for stock 20's and 22's? That may be the difference. 35" tire is still a 35" tire no matter what size rim you have.
More of a width concern than a height... yes both the 22’s and 20’s have the same offset of +19

Clyde

Reaction score
Offset will make a difference, I am running stock (+19) offset.

cjcollas

Reaction score
Hey guys, amazing thread and community, I just finished going through the 40 pages of this thread. My Mopar lift was delivered today from Bam. I have a 2020 1500 crewcab ORG 4x4. I am 99% sure I already have the orp/org springs stock from factory. I have a couple questions that I hope some of you guys can help with.
- I do have the AB kit but as you can see in the picture there is only one spacer. If I understand correctly, is the second spacer not needed anymore because fox lengthened the shock on the newer mopar kits?
IMG_1133.JPG

- I ordered some 35x12.5 from a ram dealer because they had a buy 3 get 1 free deal and got some toyo at's for under 1000. I am debating keeping my stock 20" Laramie wheels or buying these 20x10 - 18 xd wheels. Do you guys think I will have any major rubbing with this setup?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a post somewhere else debating kits. $1900 2” Mopar with ORP springs (roughly don’t know dealer price on ORP springs) or $3300-$3700 for BDS lift (discounted right now) ... Both are without install / parts only and Canadian prices.

Do any of you regret doing the Mopar 2” Lift with ORP springs over, and wish you had gone with a 4” or even 6” kit? I only want height for looks, because who doesn’t like a lifted truck!! I am just in a debate between the Mopar 2“ or spending a lot more money and getting a 4” BDS lift.

Any regrets? Is it high enough or would you go higher to 4”?

I only want 35’s and I don’t mud or tow. I just figure Mopar money wise is easier. I save $1400 to $1800 going Mopar which would go towards upgrading my tires quicker then if I go with the BDS. May have to stick with stock tires for a while until I get tires.

Going to hit the dealer this week, Manager just lifted his truck apparently with the Mopar kits (ORP or not I don’t know) so I will get a first hand look for myself which would help greatly.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Hey guys, amazing thread and community, I just finished going through the 40 pages of this thread. My Mopar lift was delivered today from Bam. I have a 2020 1500 crewcab ORG 4x4. I am 99% sure I already have the orp/org springs stock from factory. I have a couple questions that I hope some of you guys can help with.
- I do have the AB kit but as you can see in the picture there is only one spacer. If I understand correctly, is the second spacer not needed anymore because fox lengthened the shock on the newer mopar kits?
View attachment 58227

- I ordered some 35x12.5 from a ram dealer because they had a buy 3 get 1 free deal and got some toyo at's for under 1000. I am debating keeping my stock 20" Laramie wheels or buying these 20x10 - 18 xd wheels. Do you guys think I will have any major rubbing with this setup?
I just ordered my Mopar 2” kit and I have the same question on whether the second spacer is needed on the new AB kits?

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a post somewhere else debating kits. $1900 2” Mopar with ORP springs (roughly don’t know dealer price on ORP springs) or $3300-$3700 for BDS lift (discounted right now) ... Both are without install / parts only and Canadian prices.

Do any of you regret doing the Mopar 2” Lift with ORP springs over, and wish you had gone with a 4” or even 6” kit? I only want height for looks, because who doesn’t like a lifted truck!! I am just in a debate between the Mopar 2“ or spending a lot more money and getting a 4” BDS lift.

I only want 35’s and I don’t mud or tow. I just figure Mopar money wise is easier. I save $1400 to $1800 going Mopar which would go towards upgrading my tires quicker then if I go with the BDS. May have to stick with stock tires for a while until I get tires.

Going to hit the dealer this week, Manager just lifted his truck apparently with the Mopar kits (ORP or not I don’t know) so I will get a first hand look for myself which would help greatly.

Hey, where in Canada did you find the Mopar for $1900 ? I was looking for one and few dealers quoted me $2280 plus HST. End up ordering from US. But still didn’t arrive.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoparGuy

Reaction score

I understand your dilemma on what kit to go with. As for me I’m more of a purest and prefer to keep my mods OEM as much as possible using Mopar accessories. As for your 2” vs 4” decision, if you go with the Mopar 2” lift and the ORP coils, that’s 3” right there. If you then run 35s you are gaining probably another 1.5” over a stock tire so that puts you at or over 4” from stock. My North Edition already has the ORP coils and sits a solid 2” lower in front. So with the Mopar kit and my 34” tires, I should gain from a non ORP truck, 4” in front, 2” in the rear and my truck should be real close to level, give me the look I want and void any potential warranty issues down the road.

Reaction score
Hey, where in Canada did you find the Mopar for $1900 ? I was looking for one and few dealers quoted me $2280 plus HST. End up ordering from US. But still didn’t arrive.
Thanks.

My dealer quoted me $2600 plus HST and then another $600 for installation plus HST. In total it would be $3200+HST=$3600 installed. I can get that down to probably $2500-2600 so saving enough money for tires (or mostly pay for the tires)

Where in Ontario do you live? Maybe the eBay seller will cut us a deal on to kits ordered to the same address. Or if your interested in BDS maybe we can have the BDS site cut us a deal on 2 kits. Just a thought.

I did not find the lift kit in Canada, I found the kit for $1600 on eBay coming from New York. The eBay sell only has a feedback of 33 reviews. But eBay has a money back guarantee if you don’t get the item and the seller has no bad reviews. There are some others in eBay as well that are a little more money.

Thatt $1602.02 includes everything shipping and taxes. Which means that is all you pay, so no surprises at the border when it comes to taxes. That is $1602.02 right to your front door (or post office if your not home). You don’t pay duties because the product is made in the USA, I also ran the duties/taxes calculator and came up with the same number as eBay $177amr ($237 taxes cdn)

Here is the link if your interested https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333587435326

Also the extra $300 (for total $1900) is my guess on how much the ORP springs will cost from a local dealer. May be less, or may be more I haven’t priced it out yet from my dealer. Nor have I priced these springs out on eBay or the internet yet.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the ORP springs?

Last edited:

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
My dealer quoted me $2600 plus HST and then another $600 for installation plus HST. In total it would be $3200+HST=$3600 installed. I can get that down to probably $2500-2600 so saving enough money for tires (or mostly pay for the tires)

Where in Ontario do you live? Maybe the eBay seller will cut us a deal on to kits ordered to the same address. Or if your interested in BDS maybe we can have the BDS site cut us a deal on 2 kits. Just a thought.

I did not find the lift kit in Canada, I found the kit for $1600 on eBay coming from New York. The eBay sell only has a feedback of 33 reviews. But eBay has a money back guarantee if you don’t get the item and the seller has no bad reviews. There are some others in eBay as well that are a little more money.

Thatt $1602.02 includes everything shipping and taxes. Which means that is all you pay, so no surprises at the border when it comes to taxes. That is $1602.02 right to your front door (or post office if your not home). You don’t pay duties because the product is made in the USA, I also ran the duties/taxes calculator and came up with the same number as eBay $177amr ($237 taxes cdn)

Here is the link if your interested https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333587435326

Also the extra $300 (for total $1900) is my guess on how much the ORP springs will cost from a local dealer. May be less, or may be more I haven’t priced it out yet from my dealer. Nor have I priced these springs out on eBay or the internet yet.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the ORP springs?

I ordered it from allmoparparts.com which also comes from Fayetteville NY, so I guess mine and yours are coming from the same place. Mine end up $1800 cad. Not sure about HST

Users who are viewing this thread