5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the cheapest place to buy the 2” Mopar lift? I’m in Canada and the lift has been discontinued on moparpartscanada, not to mention it’s almost twice the price.
I’m thinking of buying in the US and shipping to a post box that I have close to the border.
Thanks
Hi, just going through the old post, and found your post. I am in Canada also and it's still showing as a discountinued, did you end up finding the kit ?

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Got it installed at a reputable suspension shop in my area. Cost me $550 CAD.
Hi, was just reading your post. I am also in Ontario, where did you buy the lift kit, and how much was it ? And what shop did the install. Thanks. Your truck looks amazing.

Tazithman

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of this lift with factory 20's? I'm a guy and would love an extra 2 inches (!) but can't stand to buy new wheels/tires with my current set only having 1000 miles on em. I do like my factory blackout 20s as well.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of this lift with factory 20's? I'm a guy and would love an extra 2 inches (!) but can't stand to buy new wheels/tires with my current set only having 1000 miles on em. I do like my factory blackout 20s as well.
I was just going to ask this. I Have the 20 inch night edition rims that I love ( don't love the stock tires). But will stock tires look too small with the lift kit installed? I would probably buy new tires 6 months from now but keep the factory rims

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Has anyone done this with ORP springs all the way around? For a level look do I need to change out the rear springs for stock or does the added spacer up front level it out?

Ryan10

Reaction score
Can someone help me out? Going to be purchasing this lift and just want to make sure I order everything correctly.

-The updated part number for the kit is 77072424-AB
-This kit levels it out completely now so why is everyone getting the ORP springs, are these needed or just optional ?
-I am going to keep my stock wheels for now, do I need to order 1.25" bora spacers or will 285/65r20 BFG KO2's work without them ?
- is the Hellwig sway bar needed as well or does this just make the ride quality better?

Also any links to the best prices people have found online would be sweet.

Any other advice is much appreciated!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone done this with ORP springs all the way around? For a level look do I need to change out the rear springs for stock or does the added spacer up front level it out?
Can someone help me out? Going to be purchasing this lift and just want to make sure I order everything correctly.

-The updated part number for the kit is 77072424-AB
-This kit levels it out completely now so why is everyone getting the ORP springs, are these needed or just optional ?
-I am going to keep my stock wheels for now, do I need to order 1.25" bora spacers or will 285/65r20 BFG KO2's work without them ?
- is the Hellwig sway bar needed as well or does this just make the ride quality better?

Also any links to the best prices people have found online would be sweet.

Any other advice is much appreciated!
That is the same part number on my lift kit I had installed. If you install that kit only it will not level your truck. I added the ORP springs in the front (my truck is non ORP) and still have about .5" of rake. Bottom line if you want rake then install the mopar lift kit only, if you want level with the mopar lift kit then there are other options to get the front a little higher and those options are discussed heavily on this forum. I chose to use the ORP springs for the extra 1" lift in front.

As far as the spacers are concerned you can run the size tire you mentioned without a spacer and be just fine after your lift install. I run 35x11.5 ridge Grapplers on my stock 20's with no issues. I chose to add 1.25" spacers only for looks.

As we all know the OEM rear sway bar on these trucks are pretty much useless. After I installed the lift it rendered the rear sway bar even more useless than before the lift. I would highly recommend the lifted version of the hellwig swaybar with the adjustable end links (p/n ends in 7883 I think) if you lift this truck at all.... made a big difference for me, especially for towing.

Read through all the "mopar lift" threads on here and you will get all the info you need and then some.
IMG_20200420_144431.jpg IMG_20200326_161043.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan10

Reaction score
That is the same part number on my lift kit I had installed. If you install that kit only it will not level your truck. I added the ORP springs in the front (my truck is non ORP) and still have about .5" of rake. Bottom line if you want rake then install the mopar lift kit only, if you want level with the mopar lift kit then there are other options to get the front a little higher and those options are discussed heavily on this forum. I chose to use the ORP springs for the extra 1" lift in front.

As far as the spacers are concerned you can run the size tire you mentioned without a spacer and be just fine after your lift install. I run 35x11.5 ridge Grapplers on my stock 20's with no issues. I chose to add 1.25" spacers only for looks.

As we all know the OEM rear sway bar on these trucks are pretty much useless. After I installed the lift it rendered the rear sway bar even more useless than before the lift. I would highly recommend the lifted version of the hellwig swaybar with the adjustable end links (p/n ends in 7883 I think) if you lift this truck at all.... made a big difference for me, especially for towing.

Read through all the "mopar lift" threads on here and you will get all the info you need and then some.
View attachment 56698 View attachment 56699
I appreciate all the input Jeff, I think this helped me make up my mind. Where did you purchase your Hellwig sway bar from? did the dealer install this for you or?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate all the input Jeff, I think this helped me make up my mind. Where did you purchase your Hellwig sway bar from? did the dealer install this for you or?
No problem at all, I was exactly where you are in the decision making process about 3 months ago and there's alot of info on here which can be overwhelming ha.
I was able to get my hellwig for a really good deal on realtruck.com awhile back for $125 but it was a mistake on their website and they caught on haha. I have seen them on Amazon for as low as $260. The part number is HWG-7883 for the lifted version and it's super easy to install, did it myself in about 45 minutes.

Last edited:

Ryan10

Reaction score
No problem at all, I was exactly where you are in the decision making process about 3 months ago and there's alot of info on here which can be overwhelming ha. I was able to get mine for a really good deal on realtruck.com awhile back for $125 but it was a mistake on their website and they caught on haha. I have seen them on Amazon for as low as $260. The part number is HWG-7883 for the lifted version and it's super easy to install, did it myself in about 45 minutes.
are the Mopar UCA's with the updated lift kit useless as well? is that why you chose to get the RC UCA's ?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are the Mopar UCA's with the updated lift kit useless as well? is that why you chose to get the RC UCA's ?
The UCAs that come with the mopar lift are fine. When I added the ORP springs on top of the lift it put them right on the edge of my comfort zone.
I tow a boat so the ball joints would have been maxed out while towing which is the main reason I replaced them. If you don't tow or do much off-roading the UCAs that come with the kit will be just fine even with ORP springs. Many people on here are running them with no problem.

DeDax

Reaction score
@Jeffjad, what part # did you use for your front ORP springs? Do you have a link where you purchased? Thanks.

MarkB67

Reaction score
2”Mopar with orp front springs
Hey man can you take another pic of your truck? But next time take another 100 steps backwards so people can be even more confused about your setup lol

DeDax

Reaction score
@ Jeffjad, you just did the front ORP springs, right?

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I
I installed the Mopar 2” leveling kit on my Laramie Sport and have mixed reviews on it. I went with Toyo 35x12.5r22 RTs, for the highway/aggressive look.

The good: it looks amazing. Exactly how I wanted it to come out. The rare color combo makes the truck stick out, and road noise is negligible.

The bad: Handling is terrible. Something has to be wrong, the rear end sways as if it’s fishtailing with the slightest wheel jerk, and it doesn’t feel planted as well as the stock setup. Being FOX shocks, I’d expect a better ride, but it’s just not there.

Fuel eco took a MAJOR hit. Averaging 12MPG highway @78mph, coming off of 16mpg, the 4mpg is a huge decrease. To circumvent this, I’ve ordered a Pulsar and a Vararam to be able to input the tire size and increase airflow.

Need to figure out the cause of the Sway, I don’t believe the 35s are the issue, it seems track bar or sway bar related.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Pics for show.
Is this the updated kit with included spacer or the original? The stance looks perfect!

tazer006

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but do any of you have any specific dealers in the DFW metroplex (Fort Worth ideally) or surrounding that has done the mopar lift? I have called 3-4 so far and I am getting outlandish pricing and none are willing to let me buy the kit myself and bring it in for install. I have the maxcare lifetime warranty so it appears going with the mopar lift is the only safe option to keep the warranty fully intact.

P.S. There are some BEAUTIFUL trucks on this forum! I have scrolled through all 39 pages!!

Users who are viewing this thread