5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
There's the money shot.....looks awesome man! What wheels and offset did you go with. Some day I will be able to afford some wheels :cautious:
Thanks man! After months of research and changing my mind a million times, I’m really happy with how it turned out.

Wheels are 22x10 -18 offset MotoMetal 992’s

Tires are Ridge Grapplers 285/55/22.

Prior to getting them installed I did the factory mud flap mod stickied in the wheel/tire section and have 0 rub.

When the rain stops I’ll get some proper photos and post them here.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
That looks good! How did the ride change with those tires?
I can feel the bumps a little more on the county road but nothing crazy or uncomfortable, I have them set at 38 psi. The main roads feel smooth. I can definitely hear them, but that's what the radios for :cool:

ahartzell2020

Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 1500 limited with air suspension. Will this MOPAR level kit work with air suspension (sorry if this has been answered - I searched and it came up with 40+ pages but still didn't see the answer)?

rome5982

Reaction score
Do you know how tall your truck is with those wheels and the level? I see that you can get the truck into your garage. Thanks.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Do you know how tall your truck is with those wheels and the level? I see that you can get the truck into your garage. Thanks.
Looks to be around 84” to top of shark fin. My garage doors are 96”

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
There's the money shot.....looks awesome man! What wheels and offset did you go with. Some day I will be able to afford some wheels :cautious:
Hey Jeffjad, when I was installing the lift this past weekend I thought about your ABS issue and possible causes.

When removing the driver side strut and control arm, the instructions say to remove the wheel speed sensor cable clips (similar to passenger side), but to also remove the additional top two clips (behind the liner and only on the driver side) and when reinstalling to also not connect the top two clips at all. I noticed on the driver side there was a lot less slack on the cable and ended up not connecting the clip that attaches to the UCA as well because it would stretch the cable when turning, especially when turning to the right.

Wonder if that is your issue?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Jeffjad, when I was installing the lift this past weekend I thought about your ABS issue and possible causes.

When removing the driver side strut and control arm, the instructions say to remove the wheel speed sensor cable clips (similar to passenger side), but to also remove the additional top two clips (behind the liner and only on the driver side) and when reinstalling to also not connect the top two clips at all. I noticed on the driver side there was a lot less slack on the cable and ended up not connecting the clip that attaches to the UCA as well because it would stretch the cable when turning, especially when turning to the right.

Hmmmm, I will have to look at the top two clips on the driver's side behind the plastic because I never noticed them. I left the clips for the UCA unattached on both sides when I installed the RC UCAs (nowhere to clip them anyways). What you are saying makes sense because I noticed I get the light more frequently when turning right. I will check it out and get back to you. Thanks for the info JUICEMAN (y)

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ok so I see what you are talking about in step 36 below (first pic). I checked it out and these clips are behind the strut mount and hold the harness that the speed sensor wire originates from however I don't see how this will give more slack as the speed sensor wire is still clipped in two other places prior to going to hub (second and third pic). The two clips that the instructions refer to were connected on my truck and I just disconnected them. It must be in the instructions for a reason so we shall see when I get to hit some windy roads.
Screenshot_20200513-171642.png IMG_20200513_172904.jpg IMG_20200513_172932.jpg

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Ok so I see what you are talking about in step 36 below (first pic). I checked it out and these clips are behind the strut mount and hold the harness that the speed sensor wire originates from however I don't see how this will give more slack as the speed sensor wire is still clipped in two other places prior to going to hub (second and third pic). The two clips that the instructions refer to were connected on my truck and I just disconnected them. It must be in the instructions for a reason so we shall see when I get to hit some windy roads.
View attachment 55928 View attachment 55929 View attachment 55930

okay I’m a little mixed up lol. So went out to my truck and I didn’t connect the wheel speed sensor to the control arm, but did at the top. I do remember trying to attach it to the control arm as I was bolting everything up and it being near impossible because of how tight the cable was, and thinking to myself “if connect this it’s going to mess something up during a sharp turn”.
I wonder if when you had yours first installed they connected it to the uca and it somehow damaged it by stretching it.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
And also your truck is a good 1/2” higher than me since mine has settled, and imagine that stretched the cable even more prior to you installing the new uca and disconnecting it.

Can you remember if it was connected to the uca prior to you installing the RC UCA?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And also your truck is a good 1/2” higher than me since mine has settled, and imagine that stretched the cable even more prior to you installing the new uca and disconnecting it.

Can you remember if it was connected to the uca prior to you installing the RC UCA?
Yes it was connected to the Mopar UCA prior to swapping them over to the RCs. I def have more slack in it now that it's not connected at the UCA. I haven't had the traction control engage for awhile but I haven't been on a windy back road for awhile either.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Now you have me curious why the instructions say to keep those two harness clips disconnected ha. Did you leave yours disconnected? You have to really reach behind the strut to feel for them. When I disconnected them it gave the harness a little more play but not that much.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I did reconnect them. I think I miss remembered, but the instructions don’t specifically say to reconnect them.

I’m really thinking your issue could have been caused by stretching the wheel speed sensor.

I had an Escalade where the wheel speed sensor would malfunction and throw some codes and cut the power.

LDoore

Reaction score
Hey everybody I apologize in advance is this question has already been asked. But do any of you have a picture of the actual spacer and where exactly does it sit on the shock? Any help would be very much appreciated.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Hey everybody I apologize in advance is this question has already been asked. But do any of you have a picture of the actual spacer and where exactly does it sit on the shock? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread