5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Goddard_304

Reaction score
What is orp front spring's part number also the mopar lift part number going to order tonight

Buzzard69

Reaction score
Ok, I'm confused (not surprising) but I know all of you can answer this for me. I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the Off-Road Package. Currently I have a DayStar leveling kit that raised the front 3.5 inches and the back an additional 1 inch. I run 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with no issues. However, I REALLY want to go with the Mopar 2" lift, mainly because I've heard so many great things about the lift and FOX shocks (ride quality), but also I want the added comfort that it will be under the Mopar warranty. I was just about ready to purchase the 77072424AB kit, when a dealer said it won't work with the Off-Road Package. Another dealer that sells on-line said that's what's in the official Mopar engineering instructions, but he said he believes it works. I've read a whole lot about using ORP springs on this forum. Is that the springs I have with the Off-Road Package? I'm not looking to add 2 inches on top of the "factory installed 1 inch lift" that comes with the Off-Road Package, I just really want the 2" total lift with a little leveling to take out some of the rake. Looking for advice whether this kit WILL work on a truck with the Off-Road Package. Thank you in advance for all the advice!!!

Todd1500

Reaction score
Ok, I'm confused (not surprising) but I know all of you can answer this for me. I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the Off-Road Package. Currently I have a DayStar leveling kit that raised the front 3.5 inches and the back an additional 1 inch. I run 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with no issues. However, I REALLY want to go with the Mopar 2" lift, mainly because I've heard so many great things about the lift and FOX shocks (ride quality), but also I want the added comfort that it will be under the Mopar warranty. I was just about ready to purchase the 77072424AB kit, when a dealer said it won't work with the Off-Road Package. Another dealer that sells on-line said that's what's in the official Mopar engineering instructions, but he said he believes it works. I've read a whole lot about using ORP springs on this forum. Is that the springs I have with the Off-Road Package? I'm not looking to add 2 inches on top of the "factory installed 1 inch lift" that comes with the Off-Road Package, I just really want the 2" total lift with a little leveling to take out some of the rake. Looking for advice whether this kit WILL work on a truck with the Off-Road Package. Thank you in advance for all the advice!!!
When I called Mopar, they said it works with the ORP. Not sure why the dealers are telling you otherwise.

Clyde

Reaction score
Try to find the mopar lift that uses the two spacers... it’s the updated version before they modified the shock for the spring perch to sit in the higher position. I believe they are the same part # (AB). If you install with only one of the two spacers it should give you approx 24 1/4” from center of hub to wheel well, and the benefit of the fox shock ride quality.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Had some time today and started installing the Mopar lift. Got the rear done, plan to do the front tomorrow.

Quick question, the rear bushing on the fox shocks are squeaking when I bounce on the bumper, any thoughts before I take the liners back out and trouble shoot?

I’m thinking I need to re torque them now that they’re under load.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had some time today and started installing the Mopar lift. Got the rear done, plan to do the front tomorrow.

Quick question, the rear bushing on the fox shocks are squeaking when I bounce on the bumper, any thoughts before I take the liners back out and trouble shoot?

Mine have a little bit of a (for lack of better words) swoosh sound to them when bouncing on the rear but no squeak sound from bushings. I did not install myself but from what I understand all torquing should be done under normal load.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Mine have a little bit of a (for lack of better words) swoosh sound to them when bouncing on the rear but no squeak sound from bushings. I did not install myself but from what I understand all torquing should be done under normal load.
When I first heard it it reminded me of a swoosh, but after having my wife jump around in the bed I’ve pin pointed it to the bushings. It’s by no means a loud squeak, I haven’t drive the truck yet as it looks ridiculous with only the rear lifted. I’ll re evaluate tomorrow after getting the font done.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first heard it it reminded me of a swoosh, but after having my wife jump around in the bed I’ve pin pointed it to the bushings. It’s by no means a loud squeak, I haven’t drive the truck yet as it looks ridiculous with only the rear lifted. I’ll re evaluate tomorrow after getting the font done.
Lol, we are probably hearing the same sound. Mine arent loud by any means and I never could hear it inside the cab. Now that you mention it I was in the bed of my truck yesterday and I didn't hear it at all, maybe all the dirt getting in the bushings silenced them :LOL:

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The truck needs to be torqued under load.

They need to be torqued only when under load, not while the truck is in the air. I would loosen them up under load then retorque

WVRAM

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed this Mopar lift to the crew cab with the 6’4 bed? I know dealership runs the vin number says it won’t work. I’ve read all through this thread and never seen where anyone has installed one.

Clyde

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed this Mopar lift to the crew cab with the 6’4 bed? I know dealership runs the vin number says it won’t work. I’ve read all through this thread and never seen where anyone has installed one.
Yes, my truck is a Crew with the 6’4 bed, I have the Mopar lift, no issues.

rome5982

Reaction score
Did the dealer install? I plan to get a crew cab with the 6'4 bed and read in numerous posts that the dealer would not install?

Clyde

Reaction score
Did the dealer install? I plan to get a crew cab with the 6'4 bed and read in numerous posts that the dealer would not install?
Yes, my dealer installed it. They do a ton of lifts on both customer and show room trucks. They also added the ORP springs for me a few weeks back.

I’m in so cal, the dealership is in Temecula... I only use one service writer (almost stopped going there as my original writer was horrible).

WVRAM

Reaction score
Ok I didn’t know since my dealer and other dealers told me it wouldn’t work and I knew it had to but didn’t know but thank you. Have ya had any issues? And would you happen to have any pictures?

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Finished up the install today. Ended up taking the struts to a shop to have them do that nightmare, tried but got sketched out compressing the spring. Alignment and new wheels/tires going on Monday.

Ended up skipping the ORP springs and instead installing a 1/2 inch top hat spacer.

Measurements now fender to hub:
Front 25 1/4
Rear 25 3/4

So gained 3.75” the front and 2”

Ball joints look damn good too.

40E75D62-65A9-414D-9684-5AD924F60D62.jpeg
DE754D3B-62DE-4964-9850-017BC6003B78.jpeg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished up the install today. Ended up taking the struts to a shop to have them do that nightmare, tried but got sketched out compressing the spring. Alignment and new wheels/tires going on Monday.

Ended up skipping the ORP springs and instead installing a 1/2 inch top hat spacer.

Measurements now fender to hub:
Front 25 1/4
Rear 25 3/4

So gained 3.75” the front and 2”

Ball joints look damn good too.

View attachment 55558
View attachment 55557
Looks good man! Can't wait to see it with the new wheel setup.

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Several questions in this thread including me of what would happen. Updated Mopar lift on an off road truck before and after picture. View attachment 43003
View attachment 43001
How are the angles for you UCA's and Ball Joints? Everything still holding up okay a few months later? Just picked up my ram this past weekend and its got the ORP and I was hoping this lift would still work. Great to see that you put it on. Any feedback after driving it for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread