5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Ram1992

Reaction score
I would def say I'm right on the edge with ORP springs but nothing to lose sleep over. Shop said I shouldn't worry about the angles. I still expect a little more settling in the front with those being new shocks. What's your thoughts?

I don't have much CV experience. From what I have gathered, the angles are just like the ready lift 3.5 lift. What is your measurement from the wheel center to fender?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got it back from the shop. As promised here are some photos. Mopar 2" w/ORP springs in the front only. 35X11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm very happy with the look. I will post measurements tomorrow once I find a flat surface (looks pretty darn close to level). As far as ride goes it drives like a truck should now IMO. I can give a better drive report once I hit some dirt roads.

Edit:. I didn't have a tape measure on me when I took the photos :sneaky:

Looks great! How would you say that the front end feels? Floaty? Firm? Ragged edge? lol

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great! How would you say that the front end feels? Floaty? Firm? Ragged edge? lol
Update:
Took measurements today on a flat surface and and I am sitting at pretty much 25-1/2 all the way around (pretty much dead level) from center hub to fender. I forgot to measure before install so I don't know what I gained. I was able to get a little driving in on some back dirt roads today and as far as ride quality is concerned I would say it does feel a little floaty on smooth roads and def stiffer over bumps on back roads. I now have some slight rattling in the front when going over bumps that almost sounds like a bad strut :unsure:. Not sure exactly what it could be so it's going back to the shop on Monday to double check everything. Anyone else have any front end noises with 2" Mopar w/orp? Will keep ya posted.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
Took measurements today on a flat surface and and I am sitting at pretty much 25-1/2 all the way around (pretty much dead level) from center hub to fender. I forgot to measure before install so I don't know what I gained. I was able to get a little driving in on some back dirt roads today and as far as ride quality is concerned I would say it does feel a little floaty on smooth roads and def stiffer over bumps on back roads. I now have some slight rattling in the front when going over bumps that almost sounds like a bad strut :unsure:. Not sure exactly what it could be so it's going back to the shop on Monday to double check everything. Anyone else have any front end noises with 2" Mopar w/orp? Will keep ya posted.

Dang you're nearly 2" higher in the front than I am without the ORP spring.

I would have them check the sway bar end links, that is usually the cause of rattling, or if they did not tighten the top hat to strut nut.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:

Do you have the part number for the Mopar lift you ordered? Does it have AB at the end?

Ram1992

Reaction score
Update:
Could you measure like the attached picture? Sorry Alxmlr789 I stole your picture. What tire pressure are you running on your tires?

1585329224872.png

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the part number for the Mopar lift you ordered? Does it have AB at the end?
Ok thanks, I will check the sway bar end links. I didn't have the rattle before the lift so do you think because of the firmer ride it might be causing the sway bar end links to rattle?
Yes I have the AB kit which was packaged on Feb 18, 2020. I feel like I got almost 4" of lift in the front.

Attachments

• 15853295664671669174014469481537.jpg
    15853295664671669174014469481537.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 77

Clyde

Reaction score
Dang you're nearly 2" higher in the front than I am without the ORP spring.

I would have them check the sway bar end links, that is usually the cause of rattling, or if they did not tighten the top hat to strut nut.
Same here... 2” higher than my Mopar lift. Is your 25 1/2” measurement from center of hub to wheel well?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here... 2” higher than my Mopar lift. Is your 25 1/2” measurement from center of hub to wheel well?
Yes sir, from fender to center hub. I did some more driving on and off road then remeasured. Seems to have settled closer to 25" in front now.

After reading some more posts about the sway bar end links going bad Im convinced that is the noise I am hearing over light bumps. It's just weird that it started right after I got the lift put on. I checked the bolts on the top and bottom of end links and they are tight. They are cheap and easy to replace so I will start there.

Last edited:

Clyde

Reaction score
Yes sir, from fender to center hub. I did some more driving on and off road then remeasured. Seems to have settled closer to 25" in front now.

After reading some more posts about the sway bar end links going bad Im convinced thats the noise I am hearing over light bumps. It's just weird that it started right after I got the lift put on.
Thx Jeffjad. Yeah I was thinking it might settle a bit, might even settle more.

As far as the rear sway bar links only starting to make noise after the lift install goes... I’m pretty sure the have to remove one end of the links to install the rear components of the lift, it’s possible they did not tighten them back up properly.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx Jeffjad. Yeah I was thinking it might settle a bit, might even settle more.

As far as the rear sway bar links only starting to make noise after the lift install goes... I’m pretty sure the have to remove one end of the links to install the rear components of the lift, it’s possible they did not tighten them back up properly.
No problem. Sorry I might not have been clear about where the noise is coming from, it's def coming from the front end. Thinking front sway bar end links. Many people on here have had to replace them for same noise. I might look into some aftermarket ones.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problem. Sorry I might not have been clear about where the noise is coming from, it's def coming from the front end. Thinking front sway bar end links. Many people on here have had to replace them for same noise. I might look into some aftermarket ones.

They shouldn’t need replacement, if they are not 110% tight they will make some noise

Ramdo

Reaction score
Here is the spec's I just dug up for the 2019 Quad Cab vs. Crew Cab. Is 4" of wheelbase difference really going to keep me from putting this lift kit in my Quad Cab?
This is the 2019 Bighorn I had my dealer install the 2" mopar lift on with no questions asked before I traded to my ORP Laramie. It works, very well. The ride was amazing on highway. It is only a couple of spacers and front shock replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_083330_200.jpg
    IMG_20200207_083330_200.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 279

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update to the front end clunking noise I was having. I had the truck back at the shop that installed my lift. They did not torque the top strut but properly, they torqued them down to spec and clunking sound is gone. My assumption that it was the sway bar end links was a wrong assumption.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Update to the front end clunking noise I was having. I had the truck back at the shop that installed my lift. They did not torque the top strut but properly, they torqued them down to spec and clunking sound is gone. My assumption that it was the sway bar end links was a wrong assumption.
Good to hear you got it all straightened out. Nothing more annoying than a noise after installing new parts.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Yes. Just posted a picture reply above.
Thanks for the reply. The truck look great and I think this kit is perfect for what I am looking for.

I just spoke to the dealership today about installing the kit into my Quad Cab and they keep reverting back to the fact that my VIN# is not for a Crew Cab so the kit will not work. He did state that if they sell me the kit and it does not work that they can't take it back. I told him there are folks that have put the kit in a Quad cab with a 6' box. I can't see where the suspension between the 2 models will be any different, so I am going to take my chances and get it installed.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice that was guess number two on my post lol. Glad you got it figured out!

Users who are viewing this thread