5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

cmatt4775

Reaction score
My Mopar kit is arriving next Tuesday with the ORP springs not far behind (shipping EOW).
I plan on getting it installed in the next month, curious if I should do the RL UCAs at the same time to avoid having to do it later

at the cost the dealers around me are charging ($850 + tax is lowest so far) to instal kit don’t want to have to pay again for the UCAs.

Is it worth doing UCAs now or should I stick with Mopar ones?

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Sweet, you will love the new setup. I am loving it more and more everyday. Had 1 yard of damp top soil (prob 2,500 lbs or so) in the bed today and this suspension setup handled it like a champ.
Glad to hear you’re loving the setup. I’ll probably order wheels and tires next week and hopefully get it installed soon after.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Mopar kit is arriving next Tuesday with the ORP springs not far behind (shipping EOW).
I plan on getting it installed in the next month, curious if I should do the RL UCAs at the same time to avoid having to do it later

at the cost the dealers around me are charging ($850 + tax is lowest so far) to instal kit don’t want to have to pay again for the UCAs.

Is it worth doing UCAs now or should I stick with Mopar ones?
I have gotten a few different opinions from lift specialty garages in my area about the angle of the mopar UCAs and they all have basically said unless I plan on doing extreme off-roading then my mopar UCAs are just fine. I don't do any extreme off-roading so I am keeping my mopar UCAs. If for some reason down the road you decide to replace them with RL or RC UCAs they are pretty easy to do yourself......just my 2cents

Rjsacs

Reaction score
Who in central Florida has had this lift put on and can reccomend a shop. Price, expertise, alignment, headlight leveling, radar cruise adjustment, speedo correction for larger tires. Who's the go to in FL?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6b20cff4206cfb7f46125aa7b98c52e4.jpg

I live on the treasure coast and went to ATC of Stuart. Got level kit and wheels and tires and they only had my truck half a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clyde

Reaction score
Off road truck

My rake changed by about half an inch. It was 2.5 before now 2.0. The newer kit makes it closer to level. I am guessing by about half an inch. Some with a regular truck are doing off road springs just in the front with the lift for a more level look. I have the ORP springs all the way around.

Atrestes1,

Your truck looks great, I’m looking to achieve the same lift on my truck.

Do you know the part # for your Mopar Lift? I want to add ORG springs (all 4) to my Mopar lift... I’m hearing that it might not work in the rear as the springs are to long for the fox shock that came with my lift. Are there different Mopar lifts for those with the ORG?

Atretes1

Reaction score
Atrestes1,

Your truck looks great, I’m looking to achieve the same lift on my truck.

Do you know the part # for your Mopar Lift? I want to add ORG springs (all 4) to my Mopar lift... I’m hearing that it might not work in the rear as the springs are to long for the fox shock that came with my lift. Are there different Mopar lifts for those with the ORG?
Dont know the part number but it's the genuine updated Mopar lift and it works on my truck.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BAMS is showing the MOPAR 2" lift, part number 77072424AB as discontinued. Has anyone heard of this kit actually being discontinued by MOPAR? Or maybe is BAMS just no longer carrying it?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BAMS is showing the MOPAR 2" lift, part number 77072424AB as discontinued. Has anyone heard of this kit actually being discontinued by MOPAR? Or maybe is BAMS just no longer carrying it?
I still see it for sale on plenty other sites so maybe BAM just stopped carrying it.

Goddard_304

Reaction score
Looking to get a mopar upated kit for my 2020 ram Laramie...does the kit raise it 2.5 or 3 in front with new kit?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking to get a mopar upated kit for my 2020 ram Laramie...does the kit raise it 2.5 or 3 in front with new kit?
I would say you are going to get something in between those numbers. I installed the updated kit with ORP springs and got 3.5 in the front.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I could do a front level for 2.5 and be same there?
Yes, but you will sacrifice some ride quality if you just do some leveling spacers up front. A lot of guys are doing the bilstein adjustables up front for level and you will maintain factory ride with those. What are you trying to accomplish? Level? Lift all the way around maintaining some rake?

Goddard_304

Reaction score
I dont mind small rake but dont want much at all ...also wanting to fit 34s or 35s under it .....hows the ride quality with the fox's plus orp shocks ?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont mind small rake but dont want much at all ...also wanting to fit 34s or 35s under it .....hows the ride quality with the fox's plus orp shocks ?
I'm sitting at .5" rake. The ride quality is close to stock, maybe a bit firmer.

Goddard_304

Reaction score
Would a ready lift with bilstein instead of preload as comfy or the mopar with orp spring be better

Users who are viewing this thread