5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

tedsterbv

Reaction score
I saw no change when i did the lift. From stock tires to ridge grapplers was my biggest change (13 down to 11.5 city).

I agree with Alxmlr789. I saw no change in MPG with just the 2" lift. The BFG 285/65/20 tires dropped the MPG by 2. I'm now averaging 17 MPG with the 5.7L HEMI V8 w/eTorque and 3.21 diff. My daily commute is roughly half highway (15 Miles) and the other half city (15 Miles).

I will note the truck looks a little funny with just the lift and stock tires (personal opinion).

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with Alxmlr789. I saw no change in MPG with just the 2" lift. The BFG 285/65/20 tires dropped the MPG by 2. I'm now averaging 17 MPG with the 5.7L HEMI V8 w/eTorque and 3.21 diff. My daily commute is roughly half highway (15 Miles) and the other half city (15 Miles).

I will note the truck looks a little funny with just the lift and stock tires (personal opinion).
Did you correct the speedometer with a programmer? Or, did you just go with it and let the PCM figure it out?

tedsterbv

Reaction score
Did you correct the speedometer with a programmer? Or, did you just go with it and let the PCM figure it out?

Yes. I went with the Rough Country programmer to calibrate. Very easy to do. Took two minutes.

Ramalama

Reaction score
They have to be valved different, at least in the front since it's a preload style lift. You see everyone complaining about the ride quality with a 2" preload spacer on OEM shocks, which is because they are not valved for the extra spring rate. The fox shocks are valved to handle that preload.

I agree it's a lot of money for the lift, especially how simple it is.
Point understood. My point was dont waste the money.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
Did that help with the fuel mileage at all? I’m seeing nowhere close to 17

Yes, but just a little. I don't have a lead foot, which also helps my MPG. Before calibrating, my speedometer was reading 70 MPH. My phone GPS was reading 77 MPH at the same. This would definitely impact the MPG.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
I just had a dealership quote me for lift install with alignment, $880.... That seems very high. I was anticipating $400-600 range.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had a dealership quote me for lift install with alignment, $880.... That seems very high. I was anticipating $400-600 range.

I am charging a local guy 400 to install without alignment if that helps for reference.

Broose

Reaction score
So I’m very handy but only so/so when it comes to vehicles. ( I can fix/build anything around the house but installing the lift on my Polaris ranger took a little patience). Could I install this lift myself If I bought the right tools?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m very handy but only so/so when it comes to vehicles. ( I can fix/build anything around the house but installing the lift on my Polaris ranger took a little patience). Could I install this lift myself If I bought the right tools?

Yes totally. One of the easier lifts I’ve done. A lot of people are afraid of spring compressors, but if you’re careful they are easy to use.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any tips at all? How much time should I plan?

I would give yourself 5-6 hours if doing it on the ground. I work on a 2 post lift and can get it done in 4, maybe 3 if i don't lose my damn tools.

Make sure you have a ball joint separator, you could smack the knuckle but it marrs it up pretty bad (this kind - https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VCZezCh2hzwjxEAQYASABEgJiNPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

Mcpherson style spring compressor, and a set of through sockets (https://www.harborfreight.com/21-pc-sae-metric-go-thru-socket-set-62305.html) for the top nut, as the top hat design does not allow for an open-ended wrench. Oh and a long hex key socket set. The ones at harbor freight are good enough.

I would make sure you have some very heavy duty set of jack stands, and throw your tires under the frame. These half-ton trucks are heavy these days. If you have two jacks that will help with the rear also.

You'll need a torque wrench, one that goes past 150 ft lbs, as the rear trailing arms have a heavy number plus angle.

Two things i would definitely recommend during the install process. knock the front axle shaft nut loose and give it some room to play. It does not say this in the instructions but when you are pulling down on the hub to get the strut free, the CV axles are VERY easy to pull and dislocate, so just knock that large 36mm nut loose to give it some extra pulling room.

Make sure to retorque all the control arm bolts after the truck is under load. If you torque them in the air, you are putting preload on the control arms (front and rear) and you'll wear out bushings quick, not to mention might not be able to align the truck.

wiendog

Reaction score
Hey just jumping in here for maybe some input.I put the Mopar 2 inch lift new one with the spacers on my 2019 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4x4.And since install on turns where my truck leans my ESC and traction control keeps engaging the brakes totally annoying and unacceptible.Dealer says they reset or recalibrated ABS but they are at a loss to remedy.I thought maybe the ORP springs might stiffen up and help with the lean on the turns ? Any input would be much appreciated.Thanks

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey just jumping in here for maybe some input.I put the Mopar 2 inch lift new one with the spacers on my 2019 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4x4.And since install on turns where my truck leans my ESC and traction control keeps engaging the brakes totally annoying and unacceptible.Dealer says they reset or recalibrated ABS but they are at a loss to remedy.I thought maybe the ORP springs might stiffen up and help with the lean on the turns ? Any input would be much appreciated.Thanks

Sounds like someone stretched a wheel speed sensor or ABS wire

Ljn21

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked/answered but I keep finding conflicting info or a similar but not exact question/answer.

Can you run the stock 22x9 wheels with a 35x12.5r22 with the Mopar 2 inch lift? Anyone know what backspacing/offset the stock 22x9 wheel is? What is the recommended/ideal offset to run the 35x12.5s to have minimal trimming? Would like to keep wheels as flush as possible. If the stock wheel offset isnt ideal, can a wheel spacer like a BORA be used to push the wheel out, what size? Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread