5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also purchased the mopar/fox 2” lift as well as the off road springs but have read mixed reviews on the ride quality which would be a deal breaker for me. Any chance that the original fox kit with the spacers could have a negative effect of the ride quality vs. the new kit with the extended shocks whole combined with the off road springs.
I purchased the cheaper kit (with spacers) under the impression that the ride quality would be the same

Where are you seeing a kit with extended shocks?

toxicfusion

Reaction score
I'm looking for more info on this kit. Do we know if the current part number includes the revised 1" seat? As another member mentioned 'AB' is the revised part number. However, called dealer and they have no such on inventory....

Worried that I will order the kit and then also have to go and spend $100 on the spacers; which is separate part #.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
I'm looking for more info on this kit. Do we know if the current part number includes the revised 1" seat? As another member mentioned 'AB' is the revised part number. However, called dealer and they have no such on inventory....

Worried that I will order the kit and then also have to go and spend $100 on the spacers; which is separate part #.
Read post#390. You need the spacers.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read it somewhere in this thread, summed it up in post #311 and it was confirmed but could be a misunderstanding

I think there was some misinformation about a new kit, or even an AB kit as all 4 dealers in Orlando had no AB part number. They did confirm the newest kits are shipping with the additional spacer, so that’s cool.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
I think there was some misinformation about a new kit, or even an AB kit as all 4 dealers in Orlando had no AB part number. They did confirm the newest kits are shipping with the additional spacer, so that’s cool.

Good to know. I’m in CFL as well

toxicfusion

Reaction score
They mention ETA of new kits. Or meaning when they ship from warehouse the dealer will receive most recent?

Hate to be told have latest and only have to do it twice

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Let me know if you need help with your kit, i have a home shop here in Maitland

Might be bit of a haul, here in DAB area. Not many good places here that I know of. But am looking st options as who will install the kit for me

BigD23

Reaction score
Well... I have great news! After being told NO, NO, NO for a few days, I can now confirm the following and my 77072424 lifted truck is going back to the dealer for the TSB spacer:

Currently, there is only the 77072424 kit!
The 77072424AA does not exist.
Currently, the 77072424AB can not be ordered and the dealer's system refers them to order the 77072424 kit.

I think there is an extreme lack of understanding of this kit and TSB by dealers. They just see the "AA" on the TSB and state there is nothing wrong with the 77072424 kit. Everyone just wants to say no so they don't have to deal with it (personal opinion). If you are dealing with a similar situation, I would highly recommend you call the dealer's part manager. Tell them to call Mopar accessories to confirm the "AA" kit doesn't exist and that the TSB write-up referring to the "AA" is a misprint. The TSB should read, "if you don't have the 77072424AB kit, you need the spacer, Period.

My dealer is ordering the spacers and will schedule this warranty service once the parts arrive. Costs are covered by FCA warranty because the dealer installed the 77072424 kit.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

My dealer never found out the info yours did but they were willing to work with me. They had their lift guy look at my mopar lift to see if he thought it had the updated spacer in it and at first he thought it did. So I crawled under my truck with him and a truck on their showroom floor with the updated spacer. So I had to do a little leg work and it paid off, getting my spacer installed tomorrow with orp springs. Hopefully the next guy has an easier time doing this!

Last edited:

tedsterbv

Reaction score
My dealer never found out the info yours did but they were willing to work with me. They had their lift guy look at my mopar lift to see if he thought it had the updated spacer in it and at first he thought it did. So I crawled under my truck with him and a truck on their showroom floor with the updated spacer. So I had to do a little leg work and it paid off, getting my spacer installed tomorrow with orp springs. Hopefully the next guy has an easier time doing this!
Great to hear! I actually had my truck scheduled for the spacer install today, but canceled due to all the members on here stating they are installing the ORG springs with the spacers. I think this is a great idea if the ride quality is still good. There’s a lot of members that are very interested to hear a thorough report of the performance of the ORP springs with the Mopar lift kit and TBS spacers. Please report back if you notice any difference in the ride after the install.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
In for updates on the mopar 2" lift (Updated kit) with the ORP springs..

BigD23

Reaction score
Great to hear! I actually had my truck scheduled for the spacer install today, but canceled due to all the members on here stating they are installing the ORG springs with the spacers. I think this is a great idea if the ride quality is still good. There’s a lot of members that are very interested to hear a thorough report of the performance of the ORP springs with the Mopar lift kit and TBS spacers. Please report back if you notice any difference in the ride after the install.

So I show up at the dealership today and they only have one of the spacers, and they are now on back order!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I show up at the dealership today and they only have one of the spacers, and they are now on back order!

I would take the one to a machine shop and get another made. Or actually, get them made a tiny bit taller for some additional lift.

CraigB

Reaction score
I showed photos of the spring seat that was installed upside down to the dealer and they argued with me for two days that it was correct. Finally got them to turn them around and now the truck is back to riding like normal. I have the 2 inch lift with the spacer and the ORP springs and it rides just like normal

Rustin5

Reaction score
I have the Mopar lift with TSB spacers and ORP front springs. I installed that all at once replacing a 2.5 top hat style leveling kit so I never tried the Fox setup “alone”. It doesn’t ride bad by any means but it’s definitely not quite the smooth ride I anticipated after 1300 dollars worth of suspension parts. I’ve paid that for sets of coil overs on my other trucks and thought that was a lot more bang for my buck. If I could go back I’d wait for some 0-3” coil overs to come out because then you’re pairing a properly valved strut to its intended spring.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
I showed photos of the spring seat that was installed upside down to the dealer and they argued with me for two days that it was correct. Finally got them to turn them around and now the truck is back to riding like normal. I have the 2 inch lift with the spacer and the ORP springs and it rides just like normal
Can you take some new pictures of the truck side with the new setup? Thanks

CraigB

Reaction score
Can you take some new pictures of the truck side with the new setup? Thanks
Yes I will. Heading out of town for a week, so will do it when I get back
But I did get measurements.
The front was 35” at the top of the tire and then 43” to the body. New measurement was 42”
Couldn’t really tell visually when I picked it up though
But the dealership made notes On the invoice that they “flipped the spring seat per customer request”, instead of just saying they made a mistake. Also mentioned that doing so would somehow make the extra spacer useless, which seemed weird

Users who are viewing this thread