5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonder if you could do that with the factory shock??

I wouldn't see why not. Definitely worth a shot, however it may get bouncy since the shock is not valved for a preloaded spring like the fox shock is.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I will. Heading out of town for a week, so will do it when I get back
But I did get measurements.
The front was 35” at the top of the tire and then 43” to the body. New measurement was 42”
Couldn’t really tell visually when I picked it up though
But the dealership made notes On the invoice that they “flipped the spring seat per customer request”, instead of just saying they made a mistake. Also mentioned that doing so would somehow make the extra spacer useless, which seemed weird

Funny, because the Fox Mopar lift shows exactly the opposite of what they did. I would have made them change the invoice lol.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
update:

I've ordered the mopar 2" lift and the spacers 68465604AA

spacers 68465604AA are on backorder until mid december :(

Unsure if any dealers will have them.

Also order gorhino RB20 side steps and they're also back ordered. SIGH!

tedsterbv

Reaction score
update:

Are you ordering the ORP springs as well?

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
update:

My spacers came in the box, you may want to just order the kit and see if they come with it rather than wait.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
My spacers came in the box, you may want to just order the kit and see if they come with it rather than wait.

So, yours came in the mopar 2" kit? When was your purchase date? Assuming majority of retailers and mopar online stores pull from the same mopar warehouses the the kits should be updated?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Earlier kits didn't have the spacers included. Might be a couple early kits still floating around. Newer kits have the spacers included like Alxmlr789 said.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
Are you ordering the ORP springs as well?

I just ordered the ORP springs from the dealer. To my knowledge from reading on this forum (I read just about every post on the matter), the ORP spring work fine with the Mopar 2" lift.

CraigB
"I have the 2 inch lift with the spacer and the ORP springs and it rides just like normal"

Rustin5
"I have the Mopar lift with TSB spacers and ORP front springs.. It doesn’t ride bad by any means but it’s definitely not quite the smooth ride I anticipated after 1300 dollars worth of suspension parts. "

Skol
“That’s exactly what I did. Picture posted above. Mopar 2” Lift with the updates Mopar spacer and ORP springs. As for ride quality, it seems the same as before. I think the tires stiffened it up a bit, bit not to the point where it’s noticeable.”

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, yours came in the mopar 2" kit? When was your purchase date? Assuming majority of retailers and mopar online stores pull from the same mopar warehouses the the kits should be updated?
Yep, early August is when i ordered mine from New Smyrna CJDR. They had 3 in stock.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Yep, early August is when i ordered mine from New Smyrna CJDR. They had 3 in stock.

Noted! Wish i was closer to them... I'm near Daytona Automall... Daytona garage and they're bad; never answer their phone. So no business for them. Ordered from BAMwholesale (best deal)

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have New Smyrna CJDR install the kit? If so, what was the total with kit and installation? I called my dealer here in Green Cove Springs for an estimate and they want $2387 for the MOPAR 2" lift and installation; that seems a bit steep for me. I'm looking for an alternative for the installation.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Yes that in my opinion is a little steep. But I’m in New Jersey so maybe the pricing is different ?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have New Smyrna CJDR install the kit? If so, what was the total with kit and installation? I called my dealer here in Green Cove Springs for an estimate and they want $2387 for the MOPAR 2" lift and installation; that seems a bit steep for me. I'm looking for an alternative for the installation.

No sir. I have a shop at my house with a lift so i try to do everything myself.

Ramalama

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Keep in mind the OEM shocks compared to FOX are not any different. Your paying for name. Fox just did what Bilstein didnt in strut clip design but paid in patent!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep in mind the OEM shocks compared to FOX are not any different. Your paying for name. Fox just did what Bilstein didnt in strut clip design but paid in patent!

They have to be valved different, at least in the front since it's a preload style lift. You see everyone complaining about the ride quality with a 2" preload spacer on OEM shocks, which is because they are not valved for the extra spring rate. The fox shocks are valved to handle that preload.

I agree it's a lot of money for the lift, especially how simple it is.

Broose

Reaction score
Does anyone have some numbers as far as gas mileage difference between stock and 2” lift? I’m swapping the factory dueler HL’s for some sort of all terrain no matter the mileage difference but on the fence about the lift as I really don’t need it and it’s certainly not going to help when I tow, but I sure do like how it looks.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have some numbers as far as gas mileage difference between stock and 2” lift? I’m swapping the factory dueler HL’s for some sort of all terrain no matter the mileage difference but on the fence about the lift as I really don’t need it and it’s certainly not going to help when I tow, but I sure do like how it looks.

I saw no change when i did the lift. From stock tires to ridge grapplers was my biggest change (13 down to 11.5 city).

kearneyridez

Reaction score
Are most of you running 3.92 diff trucks with this lift and beefier tires? Or is 3.21 still the popular choice.

Users who are viewing this thread