5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Midnight1988

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked/answered but I keep finding conflicting info or a similar but not exact question/answer.

Can you run the stock 22x9 wheels with a 35x12.5r22 with the Mopar 2 inch lift? Anyone know what backspacing/offset the stock 22x9 wheel is? What is the recommended/ideal offset to run the 35x12.5s to have minimal trimming? Would like to keep wheels as flush as possible. If the stock wheel offset isnt ideal, can a wheel spacer like a BORA be used to push the wheel out, what size? Thanks in advance!
I believe all the Mopar wheels have an +19 offset. I run 285/65R20s with no spacers on mine and it’s pretty tight if that helps any. 25BA8741-84FC-4D36-9694-270AB0064C26.jpeg 25BA8741-84FC-4D36-9694-270AB0064C26.jpeg F3E0A71D-B9A6-4829-8FFF-B933364EF5B8.jpeg 73AC4A44-F856-4F66-B990-7E55BB123182.jpeg 7F708052-8D1C-46F5-AD89-E9AA42C9AF51.jpeg FA50B453-3CA5-43A8-BCFA-3A99987181B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This question has probably been asked/answered but I keep finding conflicting info or a similar but not exact question/answer.

Can you run the stock 22x9 wheels with a 35x12.5r22 with the Mopar 2 inch lift? Anyone know what backspacing/offset the stock 22x9 wheel is? What is the recommended/ideal offset to run the 35x12.5s to have minimal trimming? Would like to keep wheels as flush as possible. If the stock wheel offset isnt ideal, can a wheel spacer like a BORA be used to push the wheel out, what size? Thanks in advance!

The guy who started the thread is using a 35x12.5 on a stock wheel. It has a +19mm offset. and yes you can use a BORA spacer to push the wheel out. The stock wheels have a relief pocket of 1" deep, so you should be able to get away with a 1" bora spacer without trimming, maybe 1.25" to be safe.

ryanJ

Reaction score
I have this kit, ORP springs and the hellwig rear sway bar. I’m going through the parts to get ready for a Friday install and I’m missing a few small parts from the lift kit.
I’m missing a bolt labeled “J” it’s the one part with no description and I don’t see it being used on the install.
Also missing a nut Labeled “V” (rear upper shock) In the instructions it says to reuse the current nut. Should I not worry about either of these parts?

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have this kit, ORP springs and the hellwig rear sway bar. I’m going through the parts to get ready for a Friday install and I’m missing a few small parts from the lift kit.
I’m missing a bolt labeled “J” it’s the one part with no description and I don’t see it being used on the install.
Also missing a nut Labeled “V” (rear upper shock) In the instructions it says to reuse the current nut. Should I not worry about either of these parts?

Can you post a pic of the instructions? I’m having trouble finding mine to let you know if you’ll be in trouble...

ryanJ

Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• 9ABE1AEF-AB7A-415A-8C07-FD71648BCEA6.jpeg
    9ABE1AEF-AB7A-415A-8C07-FD71648BCEA6.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 141
  • FB0A32D4-CCAD-4BC6-B68E-5A80745B79E9.jpeg
    FB0A32D4-CCAD-4BC6-B68E-5A80745B79E9.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 134

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Update? Curious what your thoughts are on the ride quality with the ORP springs. Pics too if you have a chance :)

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go

Shoot sorry i missed this. This looks like you are missing the top but for the rear shock (i wouldn’t reuse the stock top nut as it’s a nylock nut and will be very difficult to remove later on. I think that’s why they provided a non nylock for the Mopar struts)

The other one you are missing i think is for the bump stop pad extension. There should be a parts listing to give you the spec on the bolt. Run up to ace and grab a few.

dvdprl

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this on a Crew Cab with 6’4 bed? I’m getting the, “not available for your VIN” from both local dealerships.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was at the dealership ordering my exhaust today and heard a gent complaining they won’t do his because he has the 6’4” bed also.

dvdprl

Reaction score
I was at the dealership ordering my exhaust today and heard a gent complaining they won’t do his because he has the 6’4” bed also.
Glad I’m not the only one. What gives? Any idea why the bed length would at all cause this lift to not work or not be safe?

The gal said they’d do it anyway, but I’m waiting for the tech who does lifts specifically to call me on Monday to make sure.

Would love to know why they don’t offer this for 6’4 and if there are any reasons I shouldn’t go this route?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I have it on my Ram but I’m a little bed compared to you big ballers. I am not a tech but I can’t realistically see how those couple of extra inches would affect it

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one. What gives? Any idea why the bed length would at all cause this lift to not work or not be safe?

The gal said they’d do it anyway, but I’m waiting for the tech who does lifts specifically to call me on Monday to make sure.

Would love to know why they don’t offer this for 6’4 and if there are any reasons I shouldn’t go this route?
The Mopar lift will work just fine. For whatever reason the dealership says it won't work on quad cabs or long beds but the suspension setup is the exact same. There are a few people here that have it on quad cabs with no issue, not sure about the long bed but there is absolutely no reason it will not work.

dvdprl

Reaction score
The Mopar lift will work just fine. For whatever reason the dealership says it won't work on quad cabs or long beds but the suspension setup is the exact same. There are a few people here that have it on quad cabs with no issue, not sure about the long bed but there is absolutely no reason it will not work.
Thank you. Sounds like my dealership will do it, but they have not done one yet on the 6’4 bed crew cab. So I just wanted to make sure before I spend the money on labor and then get told it didn’t work, ha.

Atretes1

Reaction score
So, I went back and read most every post in this thread. I have an ORP truck and I am debating doing the Mopar lift. More so after reading about the updated lift. I am trying to find out if this has been done on an OPR truck. I also have seen recently they have been using the ORP springs with the lift. Would using ORP springs on a regular truck be the same result as and ORP truck doing the lift?

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Update for you guys! 2" Mopar lift installed and it looks great! Installed 2019 rebel 18" wheels with nitto ridge grapplers as well as GoRhino boards...

question:
Noticing a small squeak/creaking sound near the front when I'm at a full stop and when I initially start moving. Didnt notice this right away until this morning. Almost like suspension making a creaking noise or driveshaft clunk? Steering feels normal, ride feels better than stock. Maybe its my brain, but turning right on streering wheel feels SLIGHTLY tigher than left. Vehicle tracks straight with no hands.

nitto's are noisier than anticipated and feel some shimmy and vibrations above 55mph, I'll take for road force balance. I thought they were suppose to be whisper quiet tires, but I hear them hum or drone when on the highway. Makes me question if should of gone with the BFG K02's or wildpeaks as intended. Tires are 285/70/r18..... not many tires in this size unless I goto 305/60/r18 but that would require aftermarket wheels.
IMG_5203.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread