5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

CamsRam

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got a 2019 Laramie Sport. I'm interested in doing this lift to preserve my warranty. What is a typical install cost for this?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spent $500 for the install and allignment.

At your dealer? That’s a great price. Mine quoted $1500, which I would never do.

Looking for an idea on the price of the kit plus install plus price of your tires. I might keep my stock rims for now.

graphguy

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
What is the charge for the factory 2” lift kit installed?
I’m looking at a limited and would like to consider it.

Kevinc13

Reaction score
Any rub? How do you like it so far?
No rub, plenty of clearance. It drives great. It's a smaller lift with smaller tires than what I've gone with in the past, but that's what I was going for and I feel like I may actually keep it at this height.

Kevinc13

Reaction score
At your dealer? That’s a great price. Mine quoted $1500, which I would never do.

Looking for an idea on the price of the kit plus install plus price of your tires. I might keep my stock rims for now.
Yeah, I have a good dealer. They even flashed my speedo for no charge.
I have $2,800 in the wheels and tires, $1,325 on the lift, $500 in labor, so all in I'm at $4,625 plus another $70 for the black lug nuts I'm waiting on.

Drew1man

Reaction score
100% correct on the above. And with that being said, the added 1" in the front hopefully will allow your +5 offset to clear at full lock, can't imagine it wouldn't.

I already put 35” tires on truck. Yes of course things rub when turning sharply. Money has tightened up for the Mopar lift. But truck does need 2”-3” at least level kit. How bad is it to do simple spacers without replacing shocks and arms? Guy at 4wheel parts says 2019 Rams can handle it due to new way Ram is doing things. But I’m not to confident. Thanks for your advice.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
The cost of the lift kit is $1,250 from 3 different dealers I checked. The cost to install including the alignment has been around the $500 range for a total cost pushing $1,800. I will be getting mine done in the next month or two. Love the look.

CALIRAM

Reaction score
I’m not finding a part number 77072424AB when searching online. I am able to find 77072424 how would I know if I am ordering the updated kit or original? The dealership in my town isn’t worth a damn so I don’t want to go through them. Truck looks incredible thanks to you I’m sold on keeping my 22’s!

QUOTE="jwiley386, post: 129757, member:

7052"]
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
[/QUOTE]

Lawrenz205

Reaction score
So has anyone that has the original 2in mopar lift had the 1 in spacers added yet? If so can you post some before and after pics. My dealer just ordered the 1in spacers for my mopar lift as the rake was deff more noticeable after lift. Once I have the spacers installed I will post updated pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 760

jwiley386

Reaction score
I’m not finding a part number 77072424AB when searching online. I am able to find 77072424 how would I know if I am ordering the updated kit or original? The dealership in my town isn’t worth a **** so I don’t want to go through them. Truck looks incredible thanks to you I’m sold on keeping my 22’s!

QUOTE="jwiley386, post: 129757, member:

7052"]
Hello All,

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
[/QUOTE]

I believe the AB model # was a limited mfg, they are estimating Sept. for releasing more of the updated AB kits. However you can order the older model and just have them TSB the spacers in at the dealership to essentially make it close to level under factory warranty. However some dealerships are stating they are unable to find the spacer part numbers (in this thread a couple pages back) just have everything ready when you go in to order.

Txy

Reaction score
I just got done installing the mopar 2" lift on my truck. I compared the stock UCA's to the mopar ones and they look identical except for the stud of the ball joints look to be made of a different kind of material. Maybe its heat treated or something I'm not sure though. The travel looks to be the same. If there is more travel its minimal. A 21 mm ratcheting wrench is gonna help you get things done a lot quicker if you don't have one already. Your also gonna need a 10 mm drill bit for the hole you have to enlarge for the track bar extension. If you don't have one, make sure you get it before you start the install. I wasn't able to find one anywhere locally. I ended up drilling a 3/8 inch hole instead and buying a new bolt, nut and lock washer. Should work for now, but I'll probably end up buying a 10mm later and installing the hardware that came with it.

Lawrenz205

Reaction score
Just had the 1 in spacer added to my mopar lift and it is a noticeable difference. If you have the mopar lift and haven’t added the updated spacer I recommend you do. Cost is covered by dealer.

Attachments

• 6478E458-F36F-48A9-BB90-305B1A70F0FC.jpeg
    6478E458-F36F-48A9-BB90-305B1A70F0FC.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 955

Disposer

Reaction score
Just had the 1 in spacer added to my mopar lift and it is a noticeable difference. If you have the mopar lift and haven’t added the updated spacer I recommend you do. Cost is covered by dealer.

That looks looks great! Whats your wheel/tire setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online