5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

roshang98

Reaction score
Tomorrow,I am about to install mopar leveling kit from my dealer. looks like a stupid question but what is the difference between this 2 inch mopar lift kit vs 2 inch leveling kit? I wish it does not mess up my riding quality.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tomorrow,I am about to install mopar leveling kit from my dealer. looks like a stupid question but what is the difference between this 2 inch mopar lift kit vs 2 inch leveling kit? I wish it does not mess up my riding quality.
The Mopar kit is a 2" lift all the way around and will not hurt your ride quality. If anything it will improve it as Fox shocks are phenomenal. A leveling kit raises only the front of the vehicle to eliminate the rake.

roshang98

Reaction score
The Mopar kit is a 2" lift all the way around and will not hurt your ride quality. If anything it will improve it as Fox shocks are phenomenal. A leveling kit raises only the front of the vehicle to eliminate the rake.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think leveling kit will mess up the ride quality?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Do you think leveling kit will mess up the ride quality?
Not at all. If you do a leveling kit just make sure you do a top hat style spacer and not a preload spacer that goes inside the strut assembly. I have a 2” Readylift top hat spacer and my ride quality did not change at all until I put larger tires on.

roshang98

Reaction score
Thanks bro . Great info. I will check tomorrow with my dealer and make sure I get the right leveling kit . Not the crappy type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks bro . Great info. I will check tomorrow with my dealer and make sure I get the right leveling kit . Not the crappy type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just took a look at the profile pic. Do you have the air suspension? That narrows your options quite a bit.

Lawrenz205

Reaction score
If you want it to be more level and not have a lot of rake, make sure you bring up to the dealer the TSB noted at the beginning of going with the mopar 2in lift. The updated kits are still not available on the website for the dealer so they will need to add the 1in spacer that the TSB talks about.

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
Just had the 1 in spacer added to my mopar lift and it is a noticeable difference. If you have the mopar lift and haven’t added the updated spacer I recommend you do. Cost is covered by dealer.

I am getting ready to have the Mopar 2" lift installed on my 2019 Laramie and i am curious what this 1" spacer everyone is taking about is? What do you mean cost is covered by the dealer? If you have a part number that would be great.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I called Mopar Performance last week and they told me that the AB kit, P/N 77072424AB, should be readily available in the next 2 weeks. So I will be checking the dealers I spoke to in 2-3 weeks,.end of July and would expect parts to be available. I had checked with 4 dealers in person in Ohio, PA & NY, 2 weeks ago and all they had was the P/N in their system, cost was $1,250, but no availability. They told me they could get the Non AB P/N, but I will wait because I do not want the extra or double spacer configuration.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
What is the TSB that some of you are referring too? If you could post a copy of the TSB,and or the TSB number, it would be helpful to those of us looking to add the theMopar lift to our trucks. Thanks

Txy

Reaction score
What is the TSB that some of you are referring too? If you could post a copy of the TSB,and or the TSB number, it would be helpful to those of us looking to add the theMopar lift to our trucks. Thanks
Look at post # 2 of this thread

jwiley386

Reaction score

Lol.. what Txy said. Sometimes you have to do a little research, good luck!

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Look at post # 2 of this thread
Thanks for your helpful post. I am new to this forum and trying to learn my way around, your assistance was appreciated.

I have the TSB and will pass it on to my Son whom is looking to lift/level his new Laramie.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I look at it like this, if I know the answer doesn’t matter if it’s been asked 100 times already, I’m going to help out. People come on here for help as opposed to being lectured. If we stop helping, the forum will cease to grow. Also lecturing should be saved for when we come home with a new toy that the wife doesn’t know about lol.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if I’m understanding right, 77072424AB will be out soon with the correct lift spacer under the front spring seat.

77072424 is available, and 68465604AA appears to be available too for 44 bucks for those who want it now.

One question i have is - does the revised version level the truck or make it a full 2/2 lift? Reason i ask is i tow frequently and need the extra rake for towing a load.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
So if I’m understanding right, 77072424AB will be out soon with the correct lift spacer under the front spring seat.

77072424 is available, and 68465604AA appears to be available too for 44 bucks for those who want it now.

One question i have is - does the revised version level the truck or make it a full 2/2 lift? Reason i ask is i tow frequently and need the extra rake for towing a load.
The reason for the updated kit was to eliminate the rake of the original 2" Mopar lift that everyone was complaining about. If you want the rake for towing, I would get the original lift without the TSB 1" spacer. Then original was a full 2/2 lift, most people wanted a level lift so the TSB spacer Leveled the front end a bit

Users who are viewing this thread