5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

jwiley386

Reaction score
jwiley386 - I had my lift installed. I am just curious to see if the 24" you have at the front is the way it should be with the addition of the spacer? Mine is currently in the shop and as soon as I get it back I will check. Is there any other way to tell if I have the spacer? Thank you for this as I had no idea it might not be right. You are absolutely correct MOPAR hasn't put anything out about this.

With the spacer, I belive (don't quote me on this) there will be two "rings" around the shock, as they had to add an additional spacer. Where as the updated lift kit (again don't quote me on this) I believe only has the 1 spacer at the new height/additional 1".

I could be wrong however as I have not had a chance to see both side by side to compare.

Here is what mine looks like (the updated lift system that dosen't require the additional spacer)
Adding the spacer to older lift kit (below)

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Extremly well, no exaggeration.. But I would expect nothing less from Fox Shocks.. They are tier 1.

I actually just test drove a bighorn at my local dealer that installed the old style Mopar kit and they added a top hat spacer on it to level it. It rode pretty good but it was hard to tell because these idiots were running 305/50/22 Ridge Grapplers on some heavy *** chrome 22’s that stuck out 3” plus past the fenders. Even with those I was impressed, you could feel the heavy wheels though.

Alkapwned

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy the updated lift? I checked with my dealer and they are clueless.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy the updated lift? I checked with my dealer and they are clueless.

My dealer said it isn’t there either and when I showed him the TSB that says versions AA need it and versions AB don’t, he showed me the computer that doesn’t pull up any versions with letters at the end, just one product.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I drove today with the Mopar lift. Not my style at all, but wanted to see how it drove before I buy the kit for mine.

Attachments

• 2FEA633D-69A8-4ED1-BC5A-0FA6D3D99949.png
    2FEA633D-69A8-4ED1-BC5A-0FA6D3D99949.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 7DDB433F-0E62-4630-AB25-9C11FED4B769.png
    7DDB433F-0E62-4630-AB25-9C11FED4B769.png
    486 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 02E97075-242A-4066-835F-E6AB937A0B8A.png
    02E97075-242A-4066-835F-E6AB937A0B8A.png
    479.8 KB · Views: 993

Ramron

Reaction score
Yes it is the newly released one and when I first had it done I took it on a 500 mile run. I really like it now do I think it’s worth the money, well I feel the same can be accomplished for much MUCH less. No video as I suck at actually remembering to do anything like that. My family’s home today so I’ll ask my daughters to remind me.
I had mine installed on Tuesday. When I rev the engine to hear it I get quite a bit of crackle and even backfire sound. Does yours sound the same?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Hello no mines not, but then again they had their dealer one that did sound like that. I was told that’s common when doing this type of swap/ install. I’ve had enough exhaust systems to know there is always a trade off over being stock.

jwiley386

Reaction score
I had mine installed on Tuesday. When I rev the engine to hear it I get quite a bit of crackle and even backfire sound. Does yours sound the same?

My Borla S-Type Catback exhaust sounds incredible. Full pin I get no crackle what so ever. I highly highly recommend.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone would be willing to measure there truck from the ground to the gps antenna and let me know what the height is? The reason I’m asking is because I would really like to add the Mopar lift and 285/65R20 tires but I live in a condo with an underground parked and I’m not sure if it would fight height wise. My parkade is 6 feet 8 inches.
Thank you for the help all

Ramron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone would be willing to measure there truck from the ground to the gps antenna and let me know what the height is? The reason I’m asking is because I would really like to add the Mopar lift and 285/65R20 tires but I live in a condo with an underground parked and I’m not sure if it would fight height wise. My parkade is 6 feet 8 inches.
[/

I think it would be extremely close.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
I agree I’m hoping someone will be nice enough to measure but I know that’s a lot to ask lol. I’m thinking for now I might just go with a 2 inch lvl to fit the tires

Kevinc13

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Mopar lift and tires are getting installed today. I will measure it this afternoon.

Kevinc13

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looks like you will need to go with smaller tires to make it work. I have 6' 9" to the top of the fin with the 2" mopar lift and 33" tires. The tires you are looking at are approx. 1 1/2" taller, so you will be adding 3/4" +/-.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
Looks like you will need to go with smaller tires to make it work. I have 6' 9" to the top of the fin with the 2" mopar lift and 33" tires. The tires you are looking at are approx. 1 1/2" taller, so you will be adding 3/4" +/-.
Awesome thank you so much for measuring your truck. Do you mind posting a picture?

Users who are viewing this thread