5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

sergetexan

Reaction score
So I can expect approx. 2” on back and 3” in front with the new Mopar lift? It looks great based on everyone’s pics. Will the ride be better than just a level with adjustable Bilstein struts when they become available?

jwiley386

Reaction score
So I can expect approx. 2” on back and 3” in front with the new Mopar lift? It looks great based on everyone’s pics. Will the ride be better than just a level with adjustable Bilstein struts when they become available?

I would have to say yes as it is a full suspension with new MOPAR UCA's and Fox shocks in front/rear.

I think the most comparable option would be the BDS with Fox Shocks however they only offer a 6" kit - for me, if all you need is a 2" lift to clear 35's, why go with the 6" and suffer further fuel consumption and ride quality. And again a point I can't stress enough is that the 2" kit is MOPAR/Fox Shocks and is covered under your warranty. Its a win/win.

Last edited:

Bigalh79

Reaction score
Will this kit work with the rebel trim? I just bought a 2019 rebel crew cab and was looking at adding this lift. I had the 2" mopar lift on my wrangler and I really liked it.

cwolf908

Reaction score
All these trucks look great! I originally planned to go with the Fabtech 4" system on my Laramie, but after seeing this update to the Mopar system, I'm leaning that way for my build. My only question is - do you guys think I'll experience any sever rubbing issues with a negative offset wheel?

My planned wheel/tire package was a 20x10 with -24 offset/4.5" backspacing and 35x11.5R20 Nitto Ridge Graps.

jwiley386

Reaction score
All these trucks look great! I originally planned to go with the Fabtech 4" system on my Laramie, but after seeing this update to the Mopar system, I'm leaning that way for my build. My only question is - do you guys think I'll experience any sever rubbing issues with a negative offset wheel?

My planned wheel/tire package was a 20x10 with -24 offset/4.5" backspacing and 35x11.5R20 Nitto Ridge Graps.

I think with the 11.50wide tire you would be close, however I cannot confirm. Worst case you go metric tire that's closer to 34.5x11" but i'm sure someone who has that setup will chime in.

Or have the dealer put ur truck on the jack and raise it 2" and have them measure everything. I know mine suggested not going offset with a 12.50 wide but I didn't ask about 11.50

jwiley386

Reaction score

I thought I remembered reading that it is not compatible with the Rebel but honestly I do not remember. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on your question. Or i'm sure there is another thread somewhere on here that has the answer.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also thought I read it wasn’t compatible with the Rebel. I hope that is not the case as it really affords you a comfortable ride when done correctly.

grimace

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793

I went to my dealer and gave them the part number 77072424AB but they said it wasn't available. They said they called Mopar and they told them they couldn't give him an ETA on availability as it wasn't slated for production yet... So where did you get you lift from because I'll call and order it from them.

jwiley386

Reaction score
I went to my dealer and gave them the part number 77072424AB but they said it wasn't available. They said they called Mopar and they told them they couldn't give him an ETA on availability as it wasn't slated for production yet... So where did you get you lift from because I'll call and order it from them.

Ok, so then you may go the route of buying the original factory MOPAR lift and have them add the additional 1" spacer (part number listed above I believe). They will cover the spacer upgrade free of charge.

Essentially doing that is the same thing as purchasing the upgraded lift 77072424AB - which I still am unsure how I got ahold of on my Ram, however I do know my dealer is very close with the Ram/Mopar corporate team so maybe we were the guinea pigs

Micholder

Reaction score
Honestly the ride is impressive to say the least, smooth, quiet and comfortable. Handles bumps at speed extremely well, although I would expect nothing less from a Fox Shocks/Mopar collab.
I would recommend.

With minor fender trimming I can say I have zero rub with 35x12.50R22 at factory offset (+18)

And thank you!
What exactly is minor fender trimming? I’m wanting to run the same wheels and tire size.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Interested on finding out what the stance and result of putting the updated lift on an Off Road truck would be.

Rebel 12

Reaction score
Will this kit work with the rebel trim? I just bought a 2019 rebel crew cab and was looking at adding this lift. I had the 2" mopar lift on my wrangler and I really liked it.
Did you get the Mopar 2 inch lift yet?
I called the dealership yesterday and they told me that the 2 inch Mopar lift wouldn't fit the Rebel.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
Did you get the Mopar 2 inch lift yet?
I called the dealership yesterday and they told me that the 2 inch Mopar lift wouldn't fit the Rebel.
No I haven't checked with the dealer on the mopar lift kit yet.

Ramron

Reaction score
I retract my previous statement. Now that I've actually had a chance to step back and look at the truck I do notice a difference and it does look better. Very happy with my stance now.

When I saw it at the dealer for the first time I was too close to the truck to really see the whole truck well.
Do you have any photos?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it is the newly released one and when I first had it done I took it on a 500 mile run. I really like it now do I think it’s worth the money, well I feel the same can be accomplished for much MUCH less. No video as I suck at actually remembering to do anything like that. My family’s home today so I’ll ask my daughters to remind me.

Rich51

Reaction score
Once yours is mounted, shoot us some measurements from front/rear center hub to fender.

Mine is as follows with the updated lift kit:
- Front center hub: 24"
- Rear center hub: 25.5"

jwiley386 - I had my lift installed. I am just curious to see if the 24" you have at the front is the way it should be with the addition of the spacer? Mine is currently in the shop and as soon as I get it back I will check. Is there any other way to tell if I have the spacer? Thank you for this as I had no idea it might not be right. You are absolutely correct MOPAR hasn't put anything out about this.

Users who are viewing this thread