5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As much as I would love a 4” lift, it’s not mandatory and I feel with the correct 2” 35” tires are possible as you’ve proven. $1900 for tires doesn’t bother me as long as it gives me the “ LOOK “ that I am after lol.

jwiley386

Reaction score
As much as I would love a 4” lift, it’s not mandatory and I feel with the correct 2” 35” tires are possible as you’ve proven. $1900 for tires doesn’t bother me as long as it gives me the “ LOOK “ that I am after lol.

We are very much on the same page on only lifting enough to clear 35s (which most trucks require at least 4-6") and you have the added security of it being Mopar and covered under warranty. My 35s ABSOLUTELY gave the truck the look that it deserved!

This is why I think Ram did their homework and built the wheel wells specifically to house a 35" tire with only the 2" lift. AND they used Fox Shocks, a win win for sure!

jwiley386

Reaction score
My parts have been ordered but again we know how that goes lol. I know that I have the OG Mopar lift and I contacted the service manager direct about addressing the new part. In my opinion there should be NO extra cost associated with this as most of us paid an already hefty fee for this to begin with. Personally in my opinion unless it’s 2wd, our trucks automatically should have come with this.

Confirmed. If you purchased the Mopar lift at dealership and the dealership did the install, the update via TSB mentioned above will be covered and no cost out of pocket.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh trust me not only was it purchased there but I made sure they were solely the ones installing to keep the peace. I would have loved for this to have been done in the beginning as it’s annoying to have to take it to them just for this.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Oh trust me not only was it purchased there but I made sure they were solely the ones installing to keep the peace. I would have loved for this to have been done in the beginning as it’s annoying to have to take it to them just for this.

Right. I am curious though, doing the spacer update versus the updated lift kit - do they come out to roughly the same in height or is the new kit still adding an extra .5" I only wonder this because the updated spacer ring seems to only measure to .5" (assuming that only adds .5" but maybe installed it is 1") where as the new kit I was told is an inch taller in the front.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure and good luck trying to confirm with the dealership as they know enough to be confusing. All I know is I was told the parts were on order and they weren’t sure what it would or would not offer.

jwiley386

Reaction score
I’m not sure and good luck trying to confirm with the dealership as they know enough to be confusing. All I know is I was told the parts were on order and they weren’t sure what it would or would not offer.

Once yours is mounted, shoot us some measurements from front/rear center hub to fender.

Mine is as follows with the updated lift kit:
- Front center hub: 24"
- Rear center hub: 25.5"

PorBoy

Reaction score
Will do, first I need to see them actually receiving what needs to be replaced / added lol.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Can you post the link to the updated kit?

jwiley386

Reaction score

I've not actually seen the updated kit advertised online or on RamTrucks.com - or atleast the parts # has not been updated for that matter. This is something I would get with your local dealer about and just ensure they order the updated kit. Kind of disappointed that Ram has not made more of an effort to advertise this - but they do have a lot of old inventory to come off of with those previous lifts. Coincidence?? :unsure:

Rustin5

Reaction score

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My local dealer is installing the Mopar spacer free of charge even though my Mopar lift kit was installed by a 3rd party. They didn't ask or confirm who installed it. The truck should be done today with other various warranty work done too.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My local dealer is installing the Mopar spacer free of charge even though my Mopar lift kit was installed by a 3rd party. They didn't ask or confirm who installed it. The truck should be done today with other various warranty work done too.

Got mine back. I can see the spacers they added, but don't notice much of a difference, but oh well (y)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now see after parking mine today at the wheel/ tire shop, I definitely notice a change in the front. I’m not saying I’m in 3.5 territory, but I’m much happier with it now.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now see after parking mine today at the wheel/ tire shop, I definitely notice a change in the front. I’m not saying I’m in 3.5 territory, but I’m much happier with it now.
So the updated lift in the front is now 4in instead of 2? I barely clear my 35's with the 3.5in Readylift.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh no I’m saying there are people with 3.5” lifts on their trucks, but I am NO where near that. I may truly be at 2 and a quarter inch which is fine by me. I only have LT 275/70/18’s on mine so that’s all I’ve got lol.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh no I’m saying there are people with 3.5” lifts on their trucks, but I am NO where near that. I may truly be at 2 and a quarter inch which is fine by me. I only have LT 275/70/18’s on mine so that’s all I’ve got lol.
Oh ok- Im just looking for clarification of exactly what this new lift accomplishes.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Got mine back. I can see the spacers they added, but don't notice much of a difference, but oh well (y)

I retract my previous statement. Now that I've actually had a chance to step back and look at the truck I do notice a difference and it does look better. Very happy with my stance now.

When I saw it at the dealer for the first time I was too close to the truck to really see the whole truck well.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I was the same way until I parked and then walked back to it. I still have an acceptable level of rake and also have the clearance in front that I was seeking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/