5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

cervelo15

Reaction score
Got mine done Wednesday, today was the first nice day to take a pic:

C625D51E-4A3B-4CA8-9DBD-07BA1A14CC2D.jpeg
Perfectly level and the ride is amazing. Best part about it is the articulation over railroad tracks and speed bumps. I think the new shocks took a lot of the jostling and sloppiness out of the ride (Even though stock ride was the best ride I’ve had in a truck). This made the ride even better.

Was a little bummed because I had purchased the ORP springs for the front to squeeze an extra inch in and Icon springs for the rear. But the guy doing it said he tried to get the ORP springs on the front strut and he said they were so compressed, it would negate the ride. And we didn’t put the springs on the back because the rake i was looking to eliminate would reappear. I trust what he’s saying with 2 lifted Rams of his own parked outside.

But I’m happy we went the route we did, because I have the wife, daughter, dog and older parents to think about getting in and out. Plus bigger tires may raise it a bit as well.

Excuse the ugliness of the stock tires, going tire shopping next week.

Attachments

• CA06FEDE-31CD-4AB4-9F0A-4E60288826AA.jpeg
    CA06FEDE-31CD-4AB4-9F0A-4E60288826AA.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 93

nolaram1500

Reaction score
Looking good! Is yours a 2WD? Thinking of doing this to mine and I have a ‘21 2WD Laramie and was seeing if you know the part number for it.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Do you know if this will fit the 2WD?
That I’m not 100% sure of, but i Don’t see why not. I also checked the Mopar parts site and doesn’t mention anywhere about this not working on a 2WD. I’m assuming the suspension components are the same, only difference is a front diff between the 2WD and 4WD.

I think I remember seeing in the suspension forum somewhere that this was used on a 2WD

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
What year is this chart for? cuz the # I have is not on here. I have 2019 Laramie with OPG and my part # is 68320249AB Just trying to make I have the right spring on the truck.
You already have the lifted spring if you have the offroad package truck.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Grouper

Reaction score
Got mine done Wednesday, today was the first nice day to take a pic:

Perfectly level and the ride is amazing.

I did a sh*t done of reading about the Mopar lift when I ordered my truck more than a year ago and kind of lost interest but I thought I'd read that the Mopar 2" lift, if installed as packaged, retains the factory rake?

cervelo15

Reaction score
I did a sh*t done of reading about the Mopar lift when I ordered my truck more than a year ago and kind of lost interest but I thought I'd read that the Mopar 2" lift, if installed as packaged, retains the factory rake?
It does, which is why I got a call from the guy doing it halfway Thru the process saying if we install the rear spacers, it’s gonna keep the factory rake. So I opted not to have the rear spacers installed. I also double checked with him for the install of the rear Fox shocks and he said they’d be fine. So everything is on it except the rear spacers and track bar bracket.

I know a lot of people posted earlier on this thread saying they had an earlier kit in 2019-2020 and there was a TSB to correct the massive rake by installing a front spacer. But my kit was ordered in April of this year and if it was installed as-is, you’d still have the rake. I have also heard people say using this kit as-is, you’re just lifting the entire truck 2” and do nothing for the rake.

So in essence, I just did a level with a better quality shock.

Last edited:

nolaram1500

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m about to pull the trigger on a lift/level at the end of the week. My dealer said the mopar kit is on back order till the end of October the earliest (could be longer) and I’m impatient and don’t feel like waiting. However, there is a local garage here that has the Fox 2.0 coilovers for the front and the matching 2.0 shocks for the rear in stock and can be in by Friday and installed by mid next week.

Ideally, all I want is a higher end 2” level kit. The only reason I would go with mopar is because of the warranty as the dealer will be installing it. After dealer installs it, going to a local garage to remove the rear spacers so I can eliminate the rake as previously mentioned in this thread.

Which would have a better ride quality? The Fox 2.0 coilover front shocks and matching 2.0 rear shocks in the back? Or the mopar kit? I’ve narrowed it down to these 2 choices. Is it worth the wait for the mopar kit?

I plan on either running 285/55R22, 295/50R22, or 33x12.5x22 on stock night edition wheels. Haven’t decided on tires yet as I do a lot of parallel parking and have the wheel turned at full lock more than most.

Based on the info, what do you think will offer the better ride quality out of the two kits? Really appreciate the help guys!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cervelo15

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m about to pull the trigger on a lift/level at the end of the week. My dealer said the mopar kit is on back order till the end of October the earliest (could be longer) and I’m impatient and don’t feel like waiting. However, there is a local garage here that has the Fox 2.0 coilovers for the front and the matching 2.0 shocks for the rear in stock and can be in by Friday and installed by mid next week.

Ideally, all I want is a higher end 2” level kit. The only reason I would go with mopar is because of the warranty as the dealer will be installing it. After dealer installs it, going to a local garage to remove the rear spacers so I can eliminate the rake as previously mentioned in this thread.

Which would have a better ride quality? The Fox 2.0 coilover front shocks and matching 2.0 rear shocks in the back? Or the mopar kit? I’ve narrowed it down to these 2 choices. Is it worth the wait for the mopar kit?

I plan on either running 285/55R22, 295/50R22, or 33x12.5x22 on stock night edition wheels. Haven’t decided on tires yet as I do a lot of parallel parking and have the wheel turned at full lock more than most.

Based on the info, what do you think will offer the better ride quality out of the two kits? Really appreciate the help guys!

Thanks in advance!

I just had the Mopar kit done last week with the Fox shocks. I didn’t have everything in the kit installed because it would keep the rake that the truck has, so I just had them put the shocks/struts and UCAs on.

Gotta say, the ride is a huge improvement over stock. As I said in multiple threads before, it’s shining spot is railroad tracks and speed bumps. It’s a firm ride, still smooth, but takes out all the slop that the stock shocks had. It also seems like the truck holds in corners better too.

Having said that about the Mopar kit, I waited 4 months for mine. I called several times over that period and it was always ‘should be here by the end of the month’ and it never came. If you’re going the Mopar route, I’d be prepared for them to NOT meet the October deadline and be in a waiting game for a while.

nolaram1500

Reaction score
I just had the Mopar kit done last week with the Fox shocks. I didn’t have everything in the kit installed because it would keep the rake that the truck has, so I just had them put the shocks/struts and UCAs on.

Gotta say, the ride is a huge improvement over stock. As I said in multiple threads before, it’s shining spot is railroad tracks and speed bumps. It’s a firm ride, still smooth, but takes out all the slop that the stock shocks had. It also seems like the truck holds in corners better too.

Having said that about the Mopar kit, I waited 4 months for mine. I called several times over that period and it was always ‘should be here by the end of the month’ and it never came. If you’re going the Mopar route, I’d be prepared for them to NOT meet the October deadline and be in a waiting game for a while.

Yeah I’ve been reading on here that a lot of people who ordered the mopar lift through their dealership waited at least 2-3 months, which I’m not sure I can wait that long lol. Has anyone ordered through the mopar store? I’m looking now and it says that I will possibly receive it from oct 8-11, idk how true that is.

And does anybody know what the difference between the AC and AD part number is? I would hate to order the wrong kit. Is the AD the newer kit for 2021?

Thanks guys!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been reading on here that a lot of people who ordered the mopar lift through their dealership waited at least 2-3 months, which I’m not sure I can wait that long lol. Has anyone ordered through the mopar store? I’m looking now and it says that I will possibly receive it from oct 8-11, idk how true that is.

And does anybody know what the difference between the AC and AD part number is? I would hate to order the wrong kit. Is the AD the newer kit for 2021?

Thanks guys!

My guess is that the Mopar online would be the same as dealers, maybe a shade faster. The conversations I have had with the dealer I got it from is it was parts shortages, plus the time it takes to get from distributor to dealer. When I ordered in April '21, I was number 204 on a list of people who ordered the kit before me and were waiting for it. So my guess that queue has grown, as well as the orders in front of me have been fulfilled.

The difference of the 'C' to 'D' part number is an update to the kit, but I can't tell you what the update was. I think the kit I got has the 'C' suffix, so sounds like they made an update to the kit. I've seen that in other threads here that this kit has evolved from the 'A' suffix up until the 'C' suffix I ordered. Goes to show you how long some of these threads run!

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Just picked up my lift from a local dealer. For those waiting...they had x1 more -AC in stock. Just sitting there...looking lonely that I took his buddy. :D

TravisH

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the 2" lift and the ORP springs since my truck doesn't have them (goal is a 3" lift). Do I need to get different coil seats or any other hardware since some of the parts are re-used?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this kit, but am a little concerned about the wait times for the kit like cervelo15 mentioned. If it's more than a month wait, I might just do a readylift kit and buy fox shocks later.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this kit, but am a little concerned about the wait times for the kit like cervelo15 mentioned. If it's more than a month wait, I might just do a readylift kit and buy fox shocks later.
I know a dealer with one sitting on their shelf... A lot of dealers have them on the shelf and you can purchase directly from them.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you, and what I thought would be a month wait ended up being 4. But like @RedWhite&PatriotBlue mentioned, I think some dealers may have some in stock. That was my next step was to call dealers (even out of state) to see if they had any and would ship it. That might be your best bet.

Murdered-hemi

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20210828_003049477.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210828_003049477.MP.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 182

Goddard_304

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 2020 ram 1500 Laramie with Mopar lift and 295 /60 r20 with fuel -18 rims….Ever time I go around curve my traction control light comes on and my truck slows down ….Took to dealership and could fig out what was going on….Has anyone else had this problem ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]
8970608e7fbc357e258ac0f4923a3275.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread