5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
Welp, I think I’m at the end of my rope waiting for this kit to arrive. I called again today after the second delivery deadline was passed 6/30. They quoted me 7/21 at this call and he confessed that he’s not sure how firm that date would be. So luckily I’m going to get my money back and put it towards theBilstein or Teraflex route. Was pretty psyched for this kit, but I have plans I want to get done

Welp, I think I’m at the end of my rope waiting for this kit to arrive. I called again today after the second delivery deadline was passed 6/30. They quoted me 7/21 at this call and he confessed that he’s not sure how firm that date would be. So luckily I’m going to get my money back and put it towards theBilstein or Teraflex route. Was pretty psyched for this kit, but I have plans I want to get done.
Quoted me today the 27th. I'm about where you're at with this lift. I'm ready to move on lol

cervelo15

Reaction score
Quoted me today the 27th. I'm about where you're at with this lift. I'm ready to move on lol
Yep....and I get it to a point, because of the manufacturing delays because of Covid and the lack of people to make the parts. But it's somewhat under control now, so they should be ramping manufacturing up. But I think the materials to make it are also short, so it's a whole domino effect. I would have thought when they saw a backlog of orders for this kit, they'd start moving on it.

Was really excited about going this route, but I have to move on because I can't end up waiting 6 months for something.

Not to go off on a tangent, but so much for the 'economy roaring back'.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Welp, I think I’m at the end of my rope waiting for this kit to arrive. I called again today after the second delivery deadline was passed 6/30. They quoted me 7/21 at this call and he confessed that he’s not sure how firm that date would be. So luckily I’m going to get my money back and put it towards theBilstein or Teraflex route. Was pretty psyched for this kit, but I have plans I want to get done.
im selling my 2" mopar kit ... only has 12k on it..... and if you dont have tires..... could get the whole kit""

jfred320

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this kit fits 2wd models? any other parts required?

Ordered Monday, 7/5/21. Was told on BO w/ no ETA and received Friday 7/9/21. Now just waiting to install until i can get confirmation.

EJ84

Reaction score

Ordered Monday, 7/5/21. Was told on BO w/ no ETA and received Friday 7/9/21. Now just waiting to install until i can get confirmation.
Where did you order from?

cervelo15

Reaction score

That's a better quote than I got. I ordered from a local dealer back in mid-April, called once a month ever since. Every time I've been told by the end of the month. I called 7/6 and was told 7/21, but they weren't confident that date would be met. I'm giving them one more chance and then if it's still not here, I'm cancelling.

jfred320

Reaction score
That's a better quote than I got. I ordered from a local dealer back in mid-April, called once a month ever since. Every time I've been told by the end of the month. I called 7/6 and was told 7/21, but they weren't confident that date would be met. I'm giving them one more chance and then if it's still not here, I'm cancelling.
Yea the first guy I spoke with in the parts dept said that they would begin relieving back order late July. From the looks of the packaging on mine it came from another dealership in California somewhere. I guess I’m lucky.

however I do still need to know before I go and pay the labor for install if it will in fact fit my model. Parts guy said no it won’t and because of that it’s non returnable. But I’ve been told on here it will fit. I just need a direct answer from someone that has in fact done it; or tried and failed, before I move forward.

Samleewhite

Reaction score
Just bought this truck. 2021 Southwest Edition with 3k miles. It has this mopar kit and p295 60 r20 nitto ridge grapplers. The tires are scrubbing when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. What size tires should I run to eliminate scrubbing?

Attachments

• 20210719_114801.jpg
    20210719_114801.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG-20210719-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210719-WA0003.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 245

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Just bought this truck. 2021 Southwest Edition with 3k miles. It has this mopar kit and p295 60 r20 nitto ridge grapplers. The tires are scrubbing when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. What size tires should I run to eliminate scrubbing?
I would check to see where it's rubbing and see if you can modify those parts for clearance before you buy new tires.

EJ84

Reaction score
Probably a some what stupid question, but if this lift is installed at a local shop instead of a dealer what do you actually lose in terms of warranty? Has anyone had any serious issues

Reaction score
Probably a some what stupid question, but if this lift is installed at a local shop instead of a dealer what do you actually lose in terms of warranty? Has anyone had any serious issues
I've never had any serious issues. I've had my truck lifted for 1 year now. I installed myself and only issue I had was 1 loose bolt on the right upper trailing arm. Retorque and little noise I had was gone.

No warranty issues. If something was affect by your install like my issue they will not warranty it because I installed it. If the dealer installed it then they would have been responsible for loose bolt. In my case, if parts break that are part of the kit they would replace the parts but the labour would be on me understandably. If you have dealer install then parts and labour would be covered. Have third part do the install, I would be same as doing it yourself parts warranty from dealer, labour hopefully warranty by the 3rd part shop. That would be between you and the 3rd party shop.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I run 305/55r20 on +1 wheels. They only rub my mud flaps in reverse. They wouldn't rub anywhere if I didn't have mud flaps. You might need some wheels that have more offset.
122f833f08744dc1573bde4149b0444b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

21Longhorn

Reaction score
Finally got my tires installed and cleaned up so thought I'd snap a pic. Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55/r22 shined up with HydroSilex Slick Tire Shine.
Looks Good, any issues with the hieght getting it in the garage?

DONZILLA

Reaction score
My wait is finally over, the Mopar lift kit arrived

Congratulations I've been waiting since April
Had mine since May. Very happy, till today. While parked at full turn I noticed rubbing on both front Control Arms. Bare metal. Has anyone else seen this? My steering knuckle is scraping them I believe.

Attachments

• 20210825_155357.jpg
    20210825_155357.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread