5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

DONZILLA

Reaction score
This is what the Steering knuckle looks like. Still normal? Looks to travel up and down.

Attachments

• 20210825_163517.jpg
    20210825_163517.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 131

derichio02

Reaction score
I just purchased my truck from the dealer about 1.5 months ago. It has the 2" Mopar Kit and I checked the Springs and its an AB kit on the tag. I have exactly 2" of rake and would like to level or get close to level. I read earlier in the thread that spacers could be applied to the AA kit to reduce the rake, was the AB kit updated to not use these or should I be heading to the dealership to ask?

Is there any other way to level it out some without switch to the ORP springs? Would dealers even install these springs in the front since technically they arent supposed to be used with the kit?

IMG_8067.jpeg

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Just put in my order for the Moper 2" lift...had sticker shock looking at tires. Thanks to the current circumstances, looks like all tires are $40-50 higher than they were a year ago.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Had mine since May. Very happy, till today. While parked at full turn I noticed rubbing on both front Control Arms. Bare metal. Has anyone else seen this? My steering knuckle is scraping them I believe.
Yep Noticed it months ago.

Attachments

• Hub or Lower A-arm Rub.jpg
    Hub or Lower A-arm Rub.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 107

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
I just purchased my truck from the dealer about 1.5 months ago. It has the 2" Mopar Kit and I checked the Springs and its an AB kit on the tag. I have exactly 2" of rake and would like to level or get close to level. I read earlier in the thread that spacers could be applied to the AA kit to reduce the rake, was the AB kit updated to not use these or should I be heading to the dealership to ask?

Is there any other way to level it out some without switch to the ORP springs? Would dealers even install these springs in the front since technically they arent supposed to be used with the kit?

View attachment 103953
I'm wondering the same thing about the Mopar lift I've been waiting on for months. I have the longer springs and I'm wondering if when I get my lift if they are going to deny installing it because of the springs.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing about the Mopar lift I've been waiting on for months. I have the longer springs and I'm wondering if when I get my lift if they are going to deny installing it because of the springs.
This is why I'm going with a local garage instead of the dealer, for several reasons: 1. It looks to be cheaper going the local garage route. 2. I've spoke to the guy in the past about my plan and he seemed on board, so I think he'll install it as long as I supply the parts. I have seen in other threads that their experience is they had dealers honor warranty work on the Mopar kit even if it wasnt installed by them. I guess it depends on the dealer, some are sticklers and others won't care.

The local garage is going to run me around $350, and that includes an alignment. I purchased the ORP springs for the front, and the Icon 1.5" springs to help with load/towing stabilization in the back. So in theory, I will have a buillt-in .5" of rake for hauling/towing offset. I wanted it dead level when i started this, but as it progress in my waiting, I wanted a little rake built in. I don't think you'll notice a ,5" amount of rake, you'd have to hold a tape measure up to it.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
This is why I'm going with a local garage instead of the dealer, for several reasons: 1. It looks to be cheaper going the local garage route. 2. I've spoke to the guy in the past about my plan and he seemed on board, so I think he'll install it as long as I supply the parts. I have seen in other threads that their experience is they had dealers honor warranty work on the Mopar kit even if it wasnt installed by them. I guess it depends on the dealer, some are sticklers and others won't care.

The local garage is going to run me around $350, and that includes an alignment. I purchased the ORP springs for the front, and the Icon 1.5" springs to help with load/towing stabilization in the back. So in theory, I will have a buillt-in .5" of rake for hauling/towing offset. I wanted it dead level when i started this, but as it progress in my waiting, I wanted a little rake built in. I don't think you'll notice a ,5" amount of rake, you'd have to hold a tape measure up to it.
How will the mopar lift fit with 1.5" taller spring in the rear? Will there be any impact to the sway bar links? Will you be replacing the sway bar end links? Will the mopar shocks allow for an additional 1.5" in addition to the 2" of lift from the kit (3.5" overall)?

So many questions...!

cervelo15

Reaction score
How will the mopar lift fit with 1.5" taller spring in the rear? Will there be any impact to the sway bar links? Will you be replacing the sway bar end links? Will the mopar shocks allow for an additional 1.5" in addition to the 2" of lift from the kit (3.5" overall)?

So many questions...!
I'm hoping this answers some of your questions!:
How will the mopar lift fit with 1.5" taller spring in the rear? I think the 1.5" spring is like an ORP spring back there, just .5" longer. So I will be swapping out the non-ORP springs for these. So my assumption is it would be ok.
Will there be any impact to the sway bar links? I don't know, I may have to ask the guy installing this what he thinks. I did not hear any chatter on here about replacing these with the lift, other than putting stronger links on.
Will you be replacing the sway bar end links? Yes, for 2 reasons: 1. Stronger, more beefy links. 2. Vanity; the place I was recommended to go has them in powder coated colors. I have heard that putting a beefier link only strengthens the sway bar and controls body roll even more. Bwoody is the place I'm looking to get the links from.
Will the mopar shocks allow for an additional 1.5" in addition to the 2" of lift from the kit (3.5" overall)? So I got this whole lift idea from another member on here and he did it from a stock Bighorn spring to an ORP spring up front. This was done to achieve perfect level with this kit. He's run that setup for 10k+ miles without any issues.

I have heard reports with this setup it's a roundabout way to achieve a 3-3.5" lift.

EDIT: now you guys got me thinking, and I ran a check on the Mopar kit, it says it’s not compatible with the Rebel. So doesn’t the Rebel have the ORP springs on it? I guess I’m starting to second guess my brave attitude that this was going to work, but seeing other posts, I’m not sure now.

Last edited:

derichio02

Reaction score

View attachment 103953

So is there any way to reduce the 2" rake I have? I have the A/B kit is this the longer kit? I only have 1 spacer should I have two and begin the search/talk with dealer? Or is there an aftermarket solution? .5" to 1" rake is ideal.

derichio02

Reaction score
Ok after further research. I have no idea the kit I have. I was looking at the spring model number which is 68320236AB. This is the same spring model as the OP but I imagine the springs havent changed. Is there any way to tell by the spring or any other number which kit I have. I did not order it, it came with the truck installed by the dealer. I do know that I have approximately 2" of rake that I would like to lessen. Seems like most who have the updated kit only have 1.5 or 1" of rake.

IMG_8130.jpeg

Last edited:

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I'm hoping this answers some of your questions!:
How will the mopar lift fit with 1.5" taller spring in the rear? I think the 1.5" spring is like an ORP spring back there, just .5" longer. So I will be swapping out the non-ORP springs for these. So my assumption is it would be ok.
Will there be any impact to the sway bar links? I don't know, I may have to ask the guy installing this what he thinks. I did not hear any chatter on here about replacing these with the lift, other than putting stronger links on.
Will you be replacing the sway bar end links? Yes, for 2 reasons: 1. Stronger, more beefy links. 2. Vanity; the place I was recommended to go has them in powder coated colors. I have heard that putting a beefier link only strengthens the sway bar and controls body roll even more. Bwoody is the place I'm looking to get the links from.
Will the mopar shocks allow for an additional 1.5" in addition to the 2" of lift from the kit (3.5" overall)? So I got this whole lift idea from another member on here and he did it from a stock Bighorn spring to an ORP spring up front. This was done to achieve perfect level with this kit. He's run that setup for 10k+ miles without any issues.

I have heard reports with this setup it's a roundabout way to achieve a 3-3.5" lift.

EDIT: now you guys got me thinking, and I ran a check on the Mopar kit, it says it’s not compatible with the Rebel. So doesn’t the Rebel have the ORP springs on it? I guess I’m starting to second guess my brave attitude that this was going to work, but seeing other posts, I’m not sure now.
Probably should change out your upper control arms. The Mopar kit uca is only good for 2 inches. Any more than that the angles of the ball joints get pretty funky.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Ok after further research. I have no idea the kit I have. I was looking at the spring model number which is 68320236AB. This is the same spring model as the OP but I imagine the springs havent changed. Is there any way to tell by the spring or any other number which kit I have. I did not order it, it came with the truck installed by the dealer. I do know that I have approximately 2" of rake that I would like to lessen. Seems like most who have the updated kit only have 1.5 or 1" of rake.

View attachment 104314
Switch to orp front spring and that will gain you 1 inch. This thread is so old, and so long I never have really figured out if there's an actual updated kit, or a spacer kit, or a spacer in the new kits. But regardless mine had 2 inches of rake as well, so I just did the orp front springs. Now I have 1 inch of rake.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Probably should change out your upper control arms. The Mopar kit uca is only good for 2 inches. Any more than that the angles of the ball joints get pretty funky.

Yep! Ordering the Rough Country ones Since they’re gonna have the front end apart anyways. Figured they can upgrade them right away.

derichio02

Reaction score
Switch to orp front spring and that will gain you 1 inch. This thread is so old, and so long I never have really figured out if there's an actual updated kit, or a spacer kit, or a spacer in the new kits. But regardless mine had 2 inches of rake as well, so I just did the orp front springs. Now I have 1 inch of rake.

Is there a Part number for the ORP Front springs? Also can I just use a 1" top mount spacer and new UCA?

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Is there a Part number for the ORP Front springs? Also can I just use a 1" top mount spacer and new UCA?
So look at the tag and part number of the springs on your truck now. Match that to this chart on the left, then to the right of that is the part number for a lifted spring you'll need. Top mount spacer might work. I just wanted to keep everything as much Mopar as I could so there's less chance of a warranty fit. But I just didn't feel the Mopar lift kit uca's were made for more than 2 inches, so I did go different with those.
8bcacc557952f249bafd20ef1a0eb312.jpg

cervelo15

Reaction score
Here’s a question to those who have done this lift with the ORP springs: did you replace the front sway bar links to accommodate for the lift? I was only thinking of the rear and got a new pair of the Hellwig adjustable links, but didn’t think about the front. Thanks for your help!

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Here’s a question to those who have done this lift with the ORP springs: did you replace the front sway bar links to accommodate for the lift? I was only thinking of the rear and got a new pair of the Hellwig adjustable links, but didn’t think about the front. Thanks for your help!
I didn't. I didn't do rear either.

Reaction score
So look at the tag and part number of the springs on your truck now. Match that to this chart on the left, then to the right of that is the part number for a lifted spring you'll need. Top mount spacer might work. I just wanted to keep everything as much Mopar as I could so there's less chance of a warranty fit. But I just didn't feel the Mopar lift kit uca's were made for more than 2 inches, so I did go different with those.
8bcacc557952f249bafd20ef1a0eb312.jpg

What year is this chart for? cuz the # I have is not on here. I have 2019 Laramie with OPG and my part # is 68320249AB Just trying to make I have the right spring on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online