5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

garyafa94

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the lift kit availability - does swapping out the Mopar kit UCA's with other after market UCA's affect warranty at all?

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the lift kit availability - does swapping out the Mopar kit UCA's with other after market UCA's affect warranty at all?
Great question....I think Im doing it for peace of mind because of the ball joint angle. Since the front end will be apart already, I figured have the upgraded ones installed right away.

toph

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing this to my RAM, as it's only about $2000 after installed. I used the gearing calculator, and it looks like adding the 315s (up from 275), puts the new effective gear ratio to 3.59, down from the 3.92. So bigger wheels, and a lift would actually improve my gas mileage?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing this to my RAM, as it's only about $2000 after installed. I used the gearing calculator, and it looks like adding the 315s (up from 275), puts the new effective gear ratio to 3.59, down from the 3.92. So bigger wheels, and a lift would actually improve my gas mileage?
Lift and bigger tires will def hurt your gas mileage not improve it. I wish this was the case but only in my dream world.

toph

Reaction score
Lift and bigger tires will def hurt your gas mileage not improve it. I wish this was the case but only in my dream world.
That's what I thought as well.. was just wondering what the hell this chart was saying.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
That's what I thought as well.. was just wondering what the hell this chart was saying.
Here's the thing. You're kinda right but mostly wrong lol. The taller tires will gear you higher and that should technically net some better mpg. But putting the truck in the air higher most likely washes away any net gain from a higher gear ratio. Then add that most people with lifted trucks not only go with taller tires, but wider tires too. So that will make the mpg worse as well.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

mriley8683

Reaction score
Been lurking and reading a lot.....Thanks to all of you, I went with the Mopar 2 and the ORP front and couldn't be happier!! Many thanks! Fuel rebel 20x8 +1 grapplers 35x11.5 (worried about rub and save some gas and cash...) View attachment 43319 View attachment 43317 View attachment 43318
Love the way this looks......I have a 2019 Laramie no ORP and Im just trying to make sure I dont mess up my order :) ... are you saying you added the ORP front springs or something and the MOPAR 2" kit and this allowed for 35x11.5 grapplers with fuel 20x8's with a +1 offest?

mriley8683

Reaction score
I believe that my solution to wanting a lift in my Quad Cab is to NOT wait on Mopar, but instead, go to a BDS 4" suspension lift with the Fox Shock upgrade. Looks like a better solution than Mopar. Will cost more for sure, but at this point it's just $. Everything that I have accessorized with aftermarket goodies has ALWAYS been over budget.
Wondering if youre still running this setup (BDS 4" Suspension Lift Kit w/ Fox Shocks, Fuel Beast 20x10 Wheels w/-18mm Offset & 35x11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers) I have a 2019 Laramie and want to do 35"s with a -18 offset but dont know the best setup. yours looks dope... also any trimming and how happy have you been with it

LithiaRam

Reaction score
Yeah all i hear about ORP spring 'fix' isn't the best. im happy with ride and rake as is out the box kit. a couple of other angles ill go take a complete side pic in a few for ya, the one thing i thought is maybe of goin with RC 3.5" lift..... but im at this point looking to get the rear dif and front cage higher so 35" next time i need tires. the 2" lift gave enough clearance for anything im doing otherwise
Just bought the same truck. Are you saying you wish you would have gotten 35's rather then what you have on there now? Do you have any side pictures showing the rake? I want to run the same setup as you but wanted to make sure the rake it not too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

brewdog

Reaction score
after leveling, how many of you guys are having to calibrate the adaptive cruise control? I jut installed a leveling kit and now I have a message to see dealer.

Jtimm07

Reaction score
for the front extra front spacers that go on the shock, do you replace the old spacer with the extras or do you add the new spacers on with the original spacers?

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
for the front extra front spacers that go on the shock, do you replace the old spacer with the extras or do you add the new spacers on with the original spacers?
I honestly can't tell you. This thread is 2 years old, and in the beginning I'd say if you got spacers put them on, and at certain date the kit was modified to achieve the lift without the extra spacers.
I didn't install mine the dealer did, but it was only 2 months ago, so I thought for sure I'd have the updated kit. I've kinda looked it over and never seen "extra" anything, but I'm not 100% I even know exactly what I'm looking at or for. All I know is I still had a full 2 inches of rake. Now that I've added orp springs I have exactly 1 inch of rake. Now I've seen others on here with orp springs that look real close to dead level, so I do wonder if I'm short a 1 inch spacer, but I like mine as is and it rides great.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

GrayRam20

Reaction score
This is the kit I have and it was ordered on 11/1/2020 and installed 11/11/2020.

I have been happy and it is not perfectly level but I also don't think you should have perfectly level for wind noise and road stability. there is a reason all vehicles have some rake to them. IMO. hope this helps any.

Cheers

I have the factory tires if anyone wants $400 for the set they have 10k on them

Attachments

• mopar lift part #.jpg
    mopar lift part #.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 259
  • side rake.jpg
    side rake.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 263
  • stk-currently.JPG
    stk-currently.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 263

JbVt

Reaction score
This is the kit I have and it was ordered on 11/1/2020 and installed 11/11/2020.

I have been happy and it is not perfectly level but I also don't think you should have perfectly level for wind noise and road stability. there is a reason all vehicles have some rake to them. IMO. hope this helps any.

Cheers

Truck looks great! I think we have very similar trucks with similar end results via different suspension options. I went with bilsteins front and back. Set front to 2" and added 1" spacer to rear. My truck has the Off road group, so an extra inch higher compared to yours stock. Tires I went with 275/65 on stock night 20s. Curious what your ground to fender and center of hub to fender measurments are? I'd like to compare. Also your signature has quad cab listed but your have the crew cab. Our trucks are almost the same.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4783.JPG
    IMG_4783.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 202

Hector311

Reaction score
I just had this installed in my 2020 1500 but I am not very happy with the ride quality; is it normal to now feel every single little bump on the road? I can feel the cab and everything in my dash shake and rattle every time I go over the slightest crack/bump in the road. I also added 33x22x12.50 ridge grapplers. If this is not normal, what do you all think the problem with the install would be if any? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had this installed in my 2020 1500 but I am not very happy with the ride quality; is it normal to now feel every single little bump on the road? I can feel the cab and everything in my dash shake and rattle every time I go over the slightest crack/bump in the road. I also added 33x22x12.50 ridge grapplers. If this is not normal, what do you all think the problem with the install would be if any? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this
Yep normal, if you want that plush factory ride then that's how you have to keep your truck "factory". Adding a lift and E rated tires will almost always stiffen your ride.

blckout

Reaction score

Cheers

Hey man! What tires on the original rims? Those look good, hoping to do the same thing

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Somewhat normal yes but depends on what you came from and use to as well. I came from lifted 2500 duramax. Even my wife says she will ride cross country in my 2021 ram 1500 with 2 inch Mopar lift, orp springs, and e rated nittos. I love my ride.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Truck looks great! I think we have very similar trucks with similar end results via different suspension options. I went with bilsteins front and back. Set front to 2" and added 1" spacer to rear. My truck has the Off road group, so an extra inch higher compared to yours stock. Tires I went with 275/65 on stock night 20s. Curious what your ground to fender and center of hub to fender measurments are? I'd like to compare. Also your signature has quad cab listed but your have the crew cab. Our trucks are almost the same.
Hey thanks for that info, fixed my signature haha. As I'll be having to update it in the next couple months anyhow......my preorder 2022 Power wagon should be in aug-sept. I do love the look of our trucks and the capability is def there, just going with what i built from factory as it has everything and then some of what i want to do to the Bighorn. I can get those numbers for you later today.

Attachments

• 2022 PW Build.jpg
    2022 PW Build.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 2022 PW order.jpg
    2022 PW order.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 62

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Hey man! What tires on the original rims? Those look good, hoping to do the same thing
295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grappler on stock midnight wheels , They are awesome quiet on highway handle well on pavement and still grip in the mud and snow. Not sure where you are located but ill be taking everything off including these tires , the lift kit , rock sliders , LED high low beam bulbs, and bed cover, in the next couple months and sell for a decent discount off new. as of now they only have 10k on the set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread