5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Also, please post your control arm part number too. (Maybe a photo of your whole list of part numbers in e manual). I’m interested in seeing if they updated that as well since a longer shock would technically change geometry over a preload spacer.
IMG_20200310_125352.jpg Control arm Right-68323530AA Left-68323531AA
Front shock 68323528AB
Top of shock to bottom 24 7/16"
Top of shock to center hole 23 11/16"

Ram1992

Reaction score
View attachment 49234 Control arm Right-68323530AA Left-68323531AA
Front shock 68323528AB

I measured mine and i have the same measurements as you,

I guess they just raised the spring perch ring to eliminate stacking two rings.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I measured mine and i have the same measurements as you,

I guess they just raised the spring perch ring to eliminate stacking two rings.
That's the only thing I can think of. When were your's manufactured? I have 8/28/19.

whonut

Reaction score
I know it’s a lame and lazy question. Where is best place to buy latest version online?

GraniteRam

Reaction score

Ram1992

Reaction score
I just had the Mopar kit installed with ORP Coil Springs and 1 lower spring perch ring. I love the ride but I the rear is taller than the front. The ride is so much better than the 2” top hat spacer I previously had. I gave the shop two lower spring perch rings and they only installed one. I’m sure they installed just one to be on the safe side as they work with the local CDJR dealership. I’m so happy with the ride quality Now I don’t want to ruin it by adding the second spacer.
Any suggestions?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had the Mopar kit installed with ORP Coil Springs and 1 lower spring perch ring. I love the ride but I the rear is taller than the front. The ride is so much better than the 2” top hat spacer I previously had. I gave the shop two lower spring perch rings and they only installed one. I’m sure they installed just one to be on the safe side as they work with the local CDJR dealership. I’m so happy with the ride quality Now I don’t want to ruin it by adding the second spacer.
Any suggestions?

What are your measurements now? Didn't you already have it installed with 2 spacers or no?

If they only installed one when you requested two, I would go back and have them do what you asked.

Ram1992

Reaction score
What are your measurements now? Didn't you already have it installed with 2 spacers or no?

If they only installed one when you requested two, I would go back and have them do what you asked.

No I just had the Mopar kit installed yesterday.
I had a 2” top strut spacer before the Mopar kit. They were supposed to install two lower spring perch spacer and ORP springs. I’m currently at 24-1/8” in the front. I was at 23” with the 2” top hat strut spacer. It makes me a bit upset of why they didn’t call me to ask about adding the second ring but I will call them today and ask why. I’ve attached a picture of the shock and based on other posts, it doesn’t appear installed.
FF971673-5F9C-4AD4-BBFA-11EDC8B85FF9.jpeg

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I just had the Mopar kit installed yesterday.
I had a 2” top strut spacer before the Mopar kit. They were supposed to install two lower spring perch spacer and ORP springs. I’m currently at 24-1/8” in the front. I was at 23” with the 2” top hat strut spacer. It makes me a bit upset of why they didn’t call me to ask about adding the second ring but I will call them today and ask why. I’ve attached a picture of the shock and based on other posts, it doesn’t appear installed.
View attachment 49421

Gotcha, so the extra ring is probably worth about .5" which i wouldn't worry about affecting the ride too too much. Especially with the softer off-road spring. Just for reference, you're about .6" higher than mine, with 2 rings and the non-ORP spring. I am at 23.5

I would definitely call them back and say hey you need to make this right especially if you asked them to.

Ram1992

Reaction score
Gotcha, so the extra ring is probably worth about .5" which i wouldn't worry about affecting the ride too too much. Especially with the softer off-road spring. Just for reference, you're about .6" higher than mine, with 2 rings and the non-ORP spring. I am at 23.5

I would definitely call them back and say hey you need to make this right especially if you asked them to.
Yea I though I made it clear to them.
Are you still going to install your ORP springs?

Ram1992

Reaction score
Called the shop and they said they thought I didn’t need them since I went with the ORP coil. They said to take it back and they will have it installed. I hope the great ride quality doesn’t suffer.

Clyde

Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Yeah that would **** me off, they should of asked you, glad to hear they are going to make it right.

Mine also sits at 23.5” without the ORP springs.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called the shop and they said they thought I didn’t need them since I went with the ORP coil. They said to take it back and they will have it installed. I hope the great ride quality doesn’t suffer.

Please let me know how it does ride. (Honest opinion please). When are you getting it done?

Ram1992

Reaction score
Please let me know how it does ride. (Honest opinion please). When are you getting it done?
Well Id like to get it done next week but with everything that has been going on I told the shop I’ll call them Monday morning to set an appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread