5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Bpramz

Reaction score
I had my dealer install a 2” mopar lift kit to my 2019 sport and the part number was 77072424 without the AA or the AB and I’ve noticed that the front does sit lower than I’d like. (3inch ish rake ...). I took it in today to see if the service bulletin applied and they said it wouldn’t be honoured because it doesn’t have the AA beside the part number. Is this right...? Should I contact mopar directly?

wiendog

Reaction score
If you can look under the front strut and see if there are 2 small black spacers where the spring sits at the bottom.Look close mine has 2 .My kit had no AA or AB .

Alex5737

Reaction score
This really upsets me. I purchased kit on line from a dealer and had another dealer install. It was iInstalled without new spacer and this was done in like Nov of 2019. Shady. I will be sending emai
So I ordered the spacer and the dealer said it's on back order until late March. That's horrible. They could simply replace my front shocks to make this right but I guess mopar thinks it's ok to make customers wait months for parts. Parts that should have been included in the first place.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s sad and we have had members on here who have waited 6 months or more for warranty parts. Yes very few dealers and I mean VERY few dealers go above and beyond parts wise to make us happy it seems.

Ram1992

Reaction score
Good evening,
I was able to find a Mopar 2" lift kit dirt cheap from a local guy in town. Now the struts have AB at the end of the part number. Does this mean its the updated struts? I Called 8 dealerships and spacers are on back order till April.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good evening,
I was able to find a Mopar 2" lift kit dirt cheap from a local guy in town. Now the struts have AB at the end of the part number. Does this mean its the updated struts? I Called 8 dealerships and spacers are on back order till April.

No, my struts had the AB too and still needed a spacer. What I would do if i were you, take the one black ring that is on there already (the spring seat) and take it to a machine shop and have them duplicate it, that's all the second spacer is. . Heck if you do that, get a set made for me too so i can triple stack spacers lol. Any questions, feel free to PM me, i Installed my kit in my home shop so am kind of familiar with what needs done.

Ram1992

Reaction score
No, my struts had the AB too and still needed a spacer. What I would do if i were you, take the one black ring that is on there already (the spring seat) and take it to a machine shop and have them duplicate it, that's all the second spacer is. . Heck if you do that, get a set made for me too so i can triple stack spacers lol. Any questions, feel free to PM me, i Installed my kit in my home shop so am kind of familiar with what needs done.

I appreciate your help. I will stop by my local machine shop and see if i can get some made.

Ram1992

Reaction score
Any one interested in a set of strut spacers? I found a set at my local dealership but decided On going with the ORG spring in the front. I

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any one interested in a set of strut spacers? I found a set at my local dealership but decided On going with the ORG spring in the front. I

What do you mean by strut spacers? Like the little black rings? If so, let me know what you want for them.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 48888 View attachment 48889 Trying to figure out which Mopar kit I have. Haven’t been able to locate part number anywhere.

Crawl under your truck and look beneath the spring perch. You’ll see either one or two black rings. If there’s one, you have the earlier kit. If there’s two, you have the updated kit. I’m not convinced they’ve made any other changes to the kit in regards to shock length.

Here’s an example of what the updated kit should look like under the truck. You can see the lower ring, and the upper ring poking out. I will post another pic of the non updated kit.

Attachments

• A5F45C8D-4F9A-4002-9843-BF0588008BD5.png
    A5F45C8D-4F9A-4002-9843-BF0588008BD5.png
    1 MB · Views: 188

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s an example of a truck with one ring, non updated kit. See how the spring perch sits lower on the shock body?

Attachments

• C1FF5BBA-6D13-41ED-A9BB-6464CA47A73A.png
    C1FF5BBA-6D13-41ED-A9BB-6464CA47A73A.png
    811.6 KB · Views: 160

jwiley386

Reaction score
Are these the pics after the 1in spacer was installed?

My kit was the AB version and did not require the additional spacer for the extra lift - however this was a prototype lift and ultimately Mopar opted out and just started shipping spacers and covered it under the TSB instead. I think I am one of only a few hundred in the world that got the AB kit.

To answer your question however, the picture is with the additional lift, that if you installed the spacer, would provide.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
IMG_20200308_163212.jpg
This kit only has one spacer on the strut. Does it need a second spacer added?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My kit was the AB version and did not require the additional spacer for the extra lift - however this was a prototype lift and ultimately Mopar opted out and just started shipping spacers and covered it under the TSB instead. I think I am one of only a few hundred in the world that got the AB kit.

To answer your question however, the picture is with the additional lift, that if you installed the spacer, would provide.

The picture you posted of your strut has two rings installed, I can see both of them under your spring perch. Barely, but you can see bottom of the top ring and where it meets the bottom ring.

Users who are viewing this thread