5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question but what does ORG stand for? :unsure:
The Off-Road Group (ORG) is a new option package that started with the 2019 5th gen 1500. Long list of stuff for about $800 (see picture).

The detractor for some has been the e-locker. If you get the ORG you get the e-locker whether you like it or not. You can't substitute an anti-spin (limited slip) rear diff.

ORG List.jpg

I know you can get it for the bigger trucks too (2500+) but don't know if it has all the same stuff.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that there are new options out there. What would be the "best" way to get a lift that looks like the RL 3.5" kit, but with better components? I always liked the idea of the Mopar 2" lift kit but it wasn't the same look and has significant rake. Now that the Bilstein 5100's are out has anyone come up with an economical way to build a lift that will match the look of the RL 3.5"?

I just don't want to use any preload spacers, have too much stress on UCA's or ruin CV's and Tierods.......is that too much to ask? lol

agjr85

Reaction score
Now that there are new options out there. What would be the "best" way to get a lift that looks like the RL 3.5" kit, but with better components? I always liked the idea of the Mopar 2" lift kit but it wasn't the same look and has significant rake. Now that the Bilstein 5100's are out has anyone come up with an economical way to build a lift that will match the look of the RL 3.5"?

I just don't want to use any preload spacers, have too much stress on UCA's or ruin CV's and Tierods.......is that too much to ask? lol

By going with a 3.5" you may have no option but to replace the C-Arms.
I'm not sure if you can do a Mopar Lift and the 5100's setup to 1"~
The safe zone for C-Arms to remain stock is 2", and hell even the Mopar Lift comes with different C-Arms at 2".

You can always go with BDS 4" kit, but $

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By going with a 3.5" you may have no option but to replace the C-Arms.
I'm not sure if you can do a Mopar Lift and the 5100's setup to 1"~
The safe zone for C-Arms to remain stock is 2", and hell even the Mopar Lift comes with different C-Arms at 2".

You can always go with BDS 4" kit, but $

I should be more clear, I intend on getting new UCA's but don't know which ones. Also would not mix the Mopar with 5100's.

Thinking of a way to correctly do the 3.5" height lift but without preload spacers. Basically build a Mopar 2" style lift but at the ride height of the RL 3.5".

Maybe use a combination of ORG springs and 5100 shocks paired with the RL UCA's. Might just have to add a 1" spacer to the rear. But then I'll need other rear components right? Bump stops and relocation brackets.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should be more clear, I intend on getting new UCA's but don't know which ones. Also would not mix the Mopar with 5100's.

Thinking of a way to correctly do the 3.5" height lift but without preload spacers. Basically build a Mopar 2" style lift but at the ride height of the RL 3.5".

Maybe use a combination of ORG springs and 5100 shocks paired with the RL UCA's. Might just have to add a 1" spacer to the rear. But then I'll need other rear components right? Bump stops and relocation brackets.
Mopar lift with the added spacer with ORP front springs will give you nearly the exact same look and a much better ride.

Alex5737

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
I purchased mine in november of last year. How would I know if it was the newer model or not? Was it the same part #

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Actually that’s a great question, hopefully knowledgeable ones will chip in. 8B556DFE-8287-4518-8A94-0B574158030B.jpeg

Seanbeck1

Reaction score
Had my Mopar 2” lift kit installed this week. Also installed 33x12.5r22 AMP MT tires. Pictures don’t do it justice. Looks way better in person and even more than 2”.

Attachments

• 71E8AA86-07C6-41E3-B520-0C5DC8759579.jpeg
    71E8AA86-07C6-41E3-B520-0C5DC8759579.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 429
  • C061D922-3312-44F6-8C72-84F0569F176C.jpeg
    C061D922-3312-44F6-8C72-84F0569F176C.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 092C95F5-7D1E-4A3A-AC63-51DFC9EAC7B7.jpeg
    092C95F5-7D1E-4A3A-AC63-51DFC9EAC7B7.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 389

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Had my Mopar 2” lift kit installed this week. Also installed 33x12.5r22 AMP MT tires. Pictures don’t do it justice. Looks way better in person and even more than 2”.
Those are some nice looking tires. I am not familiar with the brand. Do they make much noise on the road?

Seanbeck1

Reaction score
Those are some nice looking tires. I am not familiar with the brand. Do they make much noise on the road?

Its noticeable from stock, but I was expecting that with MT tyres. Certainly not bad at all though.

kliffy77

Reaction score
Well here she is
Fuel rebel 20x9+1
Nitro ridge grapplers 35x11.5 20
Mopar 2 inch kit with spacers installed
Orp front springs
Also installed the amp research boards

I’m very happy with the look
Yes ride is slightly more “ bouncy” but very nice still .. just different which is to be expected .

Sharp looking truck! If i were you i would invest in rear wheel house liners.

Justin.Chavez

Reaction score
Looking for some confirmation. I just ordered my mopar lift kit for 2020 ram 1500 sport. It was confirmed that this is the AB kit. I have read many threads here and seem to be getting conflicting reports. Does it still take the ORP springs up front to level the truck with this lift kit installed? I went ahead and ordered the springs but I'm hesitant to tell the shop to install them with the lift as I don't want my truck to sit nose high. Anyone installed the new kit with the ORP springs, if so how is your rake?

Justin.Chavez

Reaction score
Well here she is
Fuel rebel 20x9+1
Nitro ridge grapplers 35x11.5 20
Mopar 2 inch kit with spacers installed
Orp front springs
Also installed the amp research boards

I’m very happy with the look
Yes ride is slightly more “ bouncy” but very nice still .. just different which is to be expected .
Very nice Mike! Would you say your truck sits level? Hard to tell from the pictures, I just ordered my Mopar lift and the ORP front springs, looking to maintain level or very very slight rake, just don't want to sit nose high. Your thoughts?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for some confirmation. I just ordered my mopar lift kit for 2020 ram 1500 sport. It was confirmed that this is the AB kit. I have read many threads here and seem to be getting conflicting reports. Does it still take the ORP springs up front to level the truck with this lift kit installed? I went ahead and ordered the springs but I'm hesitant to tell the shop to install them with the lift as I don't want my truck to sit nose high. Anyone installed the new kit with the ORP springs, if so how is your rake?
Even with the updated kit/spacer there is still a good amount of rake. If you want it closer to level, add the ORP springs.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Worst case, if you end up a little nose high you can always add the ORP springs to the rear to raise that back up and have an overall 3” lift at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread