5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
Had my Mopar 2” lift kit installed this week. Also installed 33x12.5r22 AMP MT tires. Pictures don’t do it justice. Looks way better in person and even more than 2”.
How much Installed for package? I assume dealer installed?

Last edited:

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Looking to add a leveling kit to my 19 Laramie. Is Mopar the way to go? I love how smooth the ride is currently and would hate to go south on that.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
You'll get the smooth ride but not level. There's still a decent rake with the Mopar lift.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
For those that have installed the kit yourselves, how high do you need to get the truck off the ground on jack stands to be able to do the install?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
For those that have installed the kit yourselves, how high do you need to get the truck off the ground on jack stands to be able to do the install?
I haven’t installed this kit yet but I know the answer from other work I’ve done. You need to raise the truck high enough to remove the wheels.

moparleo51

Reaction score
okay im also thinking about doing this, so i have a2019 ORG ram, if i use the mopar 2 inch lift kit, would i be close to level? i dont want the rake . and how does it ride compared to stock/ or are there any other options that will give me the same results without sacrficing the ride ? thanks . i`ve owned many trucks before but i have never donea lift or level.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
okay im also thinking about doing this, so i have a2019 ORG ram, if i use the mopar 2 inch lift kit, would i be close to level? i dont want the rake . and how does it ride compared to stock/ or are there any other options that will give me the same results without sacrficing the ride ? thanks . i`ve owned many trucks before but i have never donea lift or level.
You'll either need to still add a spacer to the front or do not install the spacer from the kit in the rear.

moparleo51

Reaction score
You'll either need to still add a spacer to the front or do not install the spacer from the kit in the rear.
Doesn't the new updated mopar lift kit address this issue? I know if you had the older version.there was a tab to correct the rake .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't the new updated mopar lift kit address this issue? I know if you had the older version.there was a tab to correct the rake .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Go back through the discussion, there are a few people in here that address it.

Alex5737

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
So did they end up charging you?

Alex5737

Reaction score
This really upsets me. I purchased kit on line from a dealer and had another dealer install. It was iInstalled without new spacer and this was done in like Nov of 2019. Shady. I will be sending emai

Alex5737

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Just wanted to thank you! I purchased my left in Sept. Of last year and nobody mentioned anything about the spacer. I've been disappointed with the lift but didn't know I had any options. After about 3 hrs of text messages and emails today I finnaly got an answer. My local dealer will be ordering the spacer and fixing the issue. The rake on my truck is bad. Your truck looks great!
Hello All,

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I believe I saw one going down the highway the other day without the spacer, it looked horrible.

Jtimm07

Reaction score
I don’t know if this topic has been covered yet but I’ll test the waters.

I am contemplating trading in my 19’ lamarie sport to get an ORG 19-20 LARAMIE sport. I live in northern Minnesota and this truck just does not seem to be as capable going through deep snow, basically off roading, as other trucks I’ve had. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I test drove a ORG model (same CC, LARAMIE sport,5’7” box) and it had a way better feel of being planted to the road that I like.

my question is , would it be worth just buying a Mopar 2” lift with the Fox shocks or just gettinga new truck.

keep in mind I also don’t like thatI rarely see 15 mpg with the e-torque, my brakes are touchy and inconsistent stopping power, and I HATE the auto-start feature.

anyone?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That last sentence seems like you're justifying the decision you want to make (or have already made).

At these prices you should enjoy what you drive. You already seem set on getting out of the one you're in so it pretty much comes down to how much it's going to cost you to switch trucks and if it's worth it to you. Everybody has different priorities and what they feel is acceptable.

The brakes are a warranty item you can get checked out for free but you could get the FCA 2" lift and ORP springs to see if it makes you any happier...or take the loss and start over. Obviously one is a lot more expensive than the other.

I really wanted a Laramie but at the time (truck was totaled in an accident so was on the clock to get another vehicle) it came down to a "low end" Laramie or loaded Big Horn. I opted for the loaded Big Horn and don't regret it. I really, really enjoy my truck. After having it for almost a year, though, I've learned a lot about the 5th gens. As much as I love my truck, if I had money to do it, I would trade it in on the Laramie I want.

Only you can make the decision on what's best for you. Good luck on whatever direction you take.

Last edited:

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
today the motofab 2.5 was installed. yesterday wheels and tires. remarkable makeover from stock. im very happy

Attachments

• 1109EB73-F294-4E96-9093-DC92CED1E442.jpeg
    1109EB73-F294-4E96-9093-DC92CED1E442.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 5B42E194-FEE9-4C62-B976-E77BB0F48819.jpeg
    5B42E194-FEE9-4C62-B976-E77BB0F48819.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 379

Users who are viewing this thread