5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

MIKE71

Reaction score
ok so for the members with the newer updated 2 inch mopar lift ...queston

the box nor my invoice has the ab at the end of the part # ..... however the front shocks have a ab at the end of the part # 68323528ab for the front fox shocks and part # 68323529aa for the rear fox shocks

my box has a pack date of 10/2019 so I would assume its the updated length front shocks ?? anyone with confirmation would be awesome .... also the kit came with the 2 spacers but I no longer need those correct ??

Reaction score
ok so for the members with the newer updated 2 inch mopar lift ...queston

the box nor my invoice has the ab at the end of the part # ..... however the front shocks have a ab at the end of the part # 68323528ab for the front fox shocks and part # 68323529aa for the rear fox shocks

my box has a pack date of 10/2019 so I would assume its the updated length front shocks ?? anyone with confirmation would be awesome .... also the kit came with the 2 spacers but I no longer need those correct ??

I was in the same situation and assumed since the struts part number ended in AB it was the new kit. I installed the lift without using the spacers and it only netted ~1.25" of lift in the front. So I added the spacers and now it sits a little over 2" of lift in the front.

MIKE71

Reaction score
I was in the same situation and assumed since the struts part number ended in AB it was the new kit. I installed the lift without using the spacers and it only netted ~1.25" of lift in the front. So I added the spacers and now it sits a little over 2" of lift in the front.

so bottom line I guess we should install the spacer on the shock even if its the "new kit" ?

MIKE71

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan lol ... so here’s the before pic
Thanks so much guys ... saved me lots of heartache and trial and error lol

plan is the mopar 2 inch kit with the spacers
Orp front springs
Fuel rebel matte black 20x9 +1
Nitro grapplers 35x11.5 20s

I’ll post after pics soon

Attachments

• 09133DB7-EE86-4396-8D0B-689F26536544.jpeg
    09133DB7-EE86-4396-8D0B-689F26536544.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 292

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was going to say since I see that you are in NJ, I have a couple of places that I deal with.

MIKE71

Reaction score
Well here she is
Fuel rebel 20x9+1
Nitro ridge grapplers 35x11.5 20
Mopar 2 inch kit with spacers installed
Orp front springs
Also installed the amp research boards

I’m very happy with the look
Yes ride is slightly more “ bouncy” but very nice still .. just different which is to be expected .

Attachments

• 49D5F884-F520-4B0A-A6F9-E906B7F3CCC1.jpeg
    49D5F884-F520-4B0A-A6F9-E906B7F3CCC1.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 446

MIKE71

Reaction score
Well here she is
Fuel rebel 20x9+1
Nitro ridge grapplers 35x11.5 20
Mopar 2 inch kit with spacers installed
Orp front springs
Also installed the amp research boards

I’m very happy with the look
Yes ride is slightly more “ bouncy” but very nice still .. just different which is to be expected .

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. When you say “ more bouncy “ when exactly does this occur ?

MIKE71

Reaction score
^^^. When you say “ more bouncy “ when exactly does this occur ?

You can feel the road more for sure... and the truck reacts to bumps more than stock ... still rides great .... I’m assuming it’s more due to the 35’s ??

agjr85

Reaction score
The 35's are a probably E rated, so they are heavy and sturdy which should translate the road into your ride more.
Plus your coils are now different, the ORG coils are supposed to be a bit more stiff.
So too many variables to narrow it down, but as long as you are happy.

Reaction score
With mine the tires made the biggest difference in feel and handling. I test drove my with the stock wheels and tires after installing the Mopar lift and it felt pretty much the same. Although I reused my stock coils, I did not install the ORP coils like you did. I did also add the Hellwig rear sway bar which I highly recommend.

agjr85

Reaction score
With mine the tires made the biggest difference in feel and handling. I test drove my with the stock wheels and tires after installing the Mopar lift and it felt pretty much the same. Although I reused my stock coils, I did not install the ORP coils like you did. I did also add the Hellwig rear sway bar which I highly recommend.
I assume the sway bar helps control the body roll on corners. I do feel that it may be a bit too loose at times.

MIKE71

Reaction score
The 35's are a probably E rated, so they are heavy and sturdy which should translate the road into your ride more.
Plus your coils are now different, the ORG coils are supposed to be a bit more stiff.
So too many variables to narrow it down, but as long as you are happy.

It still has a great ride !!
You gotta expect a bit of feel change when ur changing stuff around ... def worth how good it looks !!

Users who are viewing this thread