5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

mikes911

Reaction score
Going to going this route! Just ordered new tires and do not want to deal with the dealership to make any changes. Looking through this thread there is a post with a recommended obd reader and bypass cable. Is that one still relevant or is there better options out there? Basically I probably will only be changing the size of my tires and adjusted the tpms. Thanks!
And I have this pair, working well so far.
1710803193199.png

mplaramie

Reaction score
Does Jscan have my24 yet? If not, do we just use my23 until the my24 is available?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Going to going this route! Just ordered new tires and do not want to deal with the dealership to make any changes. Looking through this thread there is a post with a recommended obd reader and bypass cable. Is that one still relevant or is there better options out there? Basically I probably will only be changing the size of my tires and adjusted the tpms. Thanks!
I use this one since it’s most compatible with iPhone. I’ve written tire size change instructions too.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can Tailgate Ajar Warning be enabled via JScan? I’ve been reading through the original Tailgate Ajar thread and didn’t find an answer. I found the Tailgate Ajar indication which needs to be turned on, but I’m not sure about the pin F26 that needs to be on. Any ideas!

IMG_1127.png

IMG_1126.png

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can Tailgate Ajar Warning be enabled via JScan? I’ve been reading through the original Tailgate Ajar thread and didn’t find an answer. I found the Tailgate Ajar indication which needs to be turned on, but I’m not sure about the pin F26 that needs to be on. Any ideas!

View attachment 179397

View attachment 179398
Everything that alfaobd can change, JScan can now change. If you don’t see the settings in adaptation, then go to modules > body controller > configuration. That’s where you can search up the setting names just like they’re named in alfaobd.
IMG_0554.jpeg

Jedi9

Reaction score
1. I don't see a setting to run amber parking lamps as DRLs and want to.
2. Is it possible to run more than one set of DRL lamps? Say I want turn signals and fog DRLs

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
1. I don't see a setting to run amber parking lamps as DRLs and want to.
2. Is it possible to run more than one set of DRL lamps? Say I want turn signals and fog DRLs
Here's my post with the instructions. I have LEDs. I dont think you can select more than 1 DRL location

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Super excited! Just got my scanner and cable this morning. I went and calibrated my tires. So far so good but will have to see if I have to fine tune anything once I drive around more. Used the Waze app for gps.

Looking at all the other comments on things to change, and not sure what half of them do? But I will have to play around with it more. Super easy to set up.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Awesome. Also try downloading some other apps on your phone to compare. Dont plug them into the truck while you fine tune tho.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Super excited! Just got my scanner and cable this morning. I went and calibrated my tires. So far so good but will have to see if I have to fine tune anything once I drive around more. Used the Waze app for gps.

Looking at all the other comments on things to change, and not sure what half of them do? But I will have to play around with it more. Super easy to set up.
I am getting ready to order Mopar factory bed lights and latch. Then I can enable them through JScap for Tailgate ajar and the lights will come on automatically when I open my tailgate.

Just two of the many things JScap can do. I still have yet to enable LED signals and Fog light drop out but those are in my list.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
I am getting ready to order Mopar factory bed lights and latch. Then I can enable them through JScap for Tailgate ajar and the lights will come on automatically when I open my tailgate.

Just two of the many things JScap can do. I still have yet to enable LED signals and Fog light drop out but those are in my list.

I read the comments about it but actually not making sense in my head on what that does. I do wish I had the bed lights, might have to look into them?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read the comments about it but actually not making sense in my head on what that does. I do wish I had the bed lights, might have to look into them?
So my Big Horn came with factory halogen lamps in all lighting locations. I changed the bulbs in all locations to LED. However, since LED’s draw less amps the halogen, the CanBus system sometimes doesn’t read the low amperage and sends a signal to your dash that you have a turn signal (or whatever) light out. When, in fact, it’s just an LED. I believe by enabling the red circles, it will stop that from happening. Hope that helps make a little more sense for you. IMG_1262.jpeg IMG_1261.jpeg

Fog drop out refers to fog lights “dropping out(turning off)” when high beams are activated.
IMG_1263.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

These are the apps I used btw. Hope this helps

1711678507084.png

jwtiger69

Reaction score
So my Big Horn came with factory halogen lamps in all lighting locations. I changed the bulbs in all locations to LED. However, since LED’s draw less amps the halogen, the CanBus system sometimes doesn’t read the low amperage and sends a signal to your dash that you have a turn signal (or whatever) light out. When, in fact, it’s just an LED. I believe by enabling the red circles, it will stop that from happening. Hope that helps make a little more sense for you. View attachment 180043 View attachment 180044

Fog drop out refers to fog lights “dropping out(turning off)” when high beams are activated.
View attachment 180045

Got it! I will look into the fog lights. Sounds like a cool thing to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Played around a little bit this morning. I turned the fog lights on with the high beams. I configured the brake light alternate blinking with turn signal (haven't checked that yet).

I was also messing around with the daytime running lights. In the end I ended up turning them off via the screen settings because I like the look of the halo lights.

Probably will mess around with the demo area and see what else I can do. Lots of things to mess with. Seat belt chime, horn going off with remote start…. Not sure where to go?

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Played around a little bit this morning. I turned the fog lights on with the high beams. I configured the brake light alternate blinking with turn signal (haven't checked that yet).

I was also messing around with the daytime running lights. In the end I ended up turning them off via the screen settings because I like the look of the halo lights.

Probably will mess around with the demo area and see what else I can do. Lots of things to mess with. Seat belt chime, horn going off with remote start…. Not sure where to go?
I think horn with remote start can be turned off without jscan. I haven’t done much else myself.

I did change when the tire pressure will alert you that it’s low.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
I think horn with remote start can be turned off without jscan. I haven’t done much else myself.

I did change when the tire pressure will alert you that it’s low.

Got it…. I will check that out. I haven’t looked to much at the tpms stuff yet but I know I should change it with my new tires. Need to figure that out with my toyos (max/low pressure?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread