5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think I’ll try the tpms setting before putting air in my tires to see if it actually works. It’ll prob help my ride quality to not have 36lb of pressure in them anyway.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like it was successful. Default value is 36 (to clear the low tire pressure alert). I set mine to 30 and no more tpms alert. I also reset the tpms ecu when I was done, because I didn’t have time to close the doors and let it sit for 10 minutes
IMG_4962.png

IMG_4963.jpeg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a video online for MDS lockout. Simply put the gear limit on 8. I don’t know if it’s real or not. Maybe someone can confirm here?
That does work, but needs to be done everytime you put the truck into Drive.

I’m looking for a way to lock it out “permanently”.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to do the gear limit every time you put in drive also, not just on startup.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes. Every time you get on. You can always tune it I guess. I’m out of options for tuning due to warranty.

Goodluck!
I normally just let mds do its thing for the most part.

Jason605

Reaction score
We have very extensive AlfaODB thread so I thought maybe it is time to start one for JScan? Seems JScan is slowly getting upgraded in what it can do and I am an Apple world guy so it is my only option right now. I don't mind buying an Android, but if I can use what I already have why not? I have found with the help of others that not everything works as you might think so a thread like this would help others get to where they need to be as members post their mod "recipe".

So far I have added auto high beams and fog lights on with high beam. Future mod is adding passive entry (parts are on the way) and programming a new key fob to allow for keyless tailgate open.

Here is how I activated fog light with high beams and auto high beams.

Fog lights on with high beam
Adaption>VehicleUserSettings>Front Fog Lamp Dropout=active switched to deactived
Set auto high beam option in radio
Search for "auto" in app
Auto High Beam CSM on/off>switch deactivated to active then restart ecu

Auto high beam
Choose Jeep Gladiator JT as the vehicle. Then go to adaptation, then auto headlamp & auto highbeams settings:
Auto High Beam CSM On/Off- ACTIVE
Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM
Auto High Beam On/Off- ACTIVE
I've been looking to do this, fogs on with high beams. Do the fogs turn off with the high beams also? This is what I would like to do.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've been looking to do this, fogs on with high beams. Do the fogs turn off with the high beams also? This is what I would like to do.
The factory behavior is for the fog light to turn off or “drop out” with the high beams. You can disable this drop out with jscan so the fog lights are on, unless you manually switch them off.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, they do not turn off with low beams active in that case. They are 100% controlled by the fog light button*.

* I assume the 5th gen have the same function as HD in that the fogs will turn on one side with a turn signal activation below 20MPH.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im not sure where the light comes from but when turning under a certain speed a side light does come on. I dont think it is the fog light though as it brightens the area even when the fog lights are on. I assumed it was coming from the headlight. On mine I do not even have to have the turn signal on for it to light up

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Im not sure where the light comes from but when turning under a certain speed a side light does come on. I dont think it is the fog light though as it brightens the area even when the fog lights are on. I assumed it was coming from the headlight. On mine I do not even have to have the turn signal on for it to light up
It’s from the fog lights, if you don’t have them on with the switch. A single fog light will illuminate as a cornering light on the side that you are turning. If the fogs are already on, the behavior doesn’t change. They stay on.

Last edited:

Jason605

Reaction score
No, they do not turn off with low beams active in that case. They are 100% controlled by the fog light button*.

* I assume the 5th gen have the same function as HD in that the fogs will turn on one side with a turn signal activation below 20MPH.
Yes this is also a function I wish we could deactivate.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was reading about enabling auto high beams with alpha. Anyone know if this can be done with jscan? Here’s the alpha prodecure

VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM**
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
Cust.Prog.Features: Auto High Beam- Enabled

in jscan I searched auto high and these are the results. Only the first one really looks like it would be it.

1697456163441.png

Users who are viewing this thread