5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate OBD JScan Thread

russiankid

Reaction score
AFAIK, dealer can only see what WiTech shows them, like sales features, etc. specific to your VIN's codes.

Why would they have reason to go snooping around the BCM settings anyway?

FWIW, I've gotten full WiTech scan printouts from my dealer and the only thing in them is part numbers/code levels for each module.

I don't think a dealer would have any reason to snoop around BCM settings but being under warranty and if a warranty question came into play, I was curious if that is something that would be visible. Good to know that the WiTech doesn't dive that deep down.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the parts for the Proximately Entry today and programmed it all using JSCAN and the info in this post on the install thread. Not everything matches word for word, but using the search tool on JSCAN I was able to find it. The only one I could not find was this one "
Cust.Prog.Features- Passive Entry Unlock All Doors or Approach Door- ENABLED". Not sure what that is but everything seems to be working fine.

Maybe someone else or @Jimmy07 knows?

jrumbarger

Reaction score
Is it possible to have the rambox lids show up on the dashboard as 'open' just like the tailgate does if not fully latched?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible to have the rambox lids show up on the dashboard as 'open' just like the tailgate does if not fully latched?
I’m not sure, but I would think not unless there is some electric switch/latch connected to them to communicate to the BCM

jrumbarger

Reaction score
I’m not sure, but I would think not unless there is some electric switch/latch connected to them to communicate to the BCM
I only ask because each Rambox lid latch is electric and when open there is a light in the lid that seems to timeout when the bed lights do if on at the same time. This makes me think that the lights are controlled by the BCM like everything else on this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread