5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect T25.51 Update

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Apparently mine tried to update yesterday. It’s a 12” from a 2023 that was put in in place of my 8.4” in my 2022. Ever since it won’t shut off when I turn the truck off, unless I push the power button on the radio 2x. I’ve tried resetting it and nothing changes. The only reason I think it tried to update is because this was on the screen when I started the truck and that’s when the trouble started:

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 52

akostaac

Reaction score
Apparently mine tried to update yesterday. It’s a 12” from a 2023 that was put in in place of my 8.4” in my 2022. Ever since it won’t shut off when I turn the truck off, unless I push the power button on the radio 2x. I’ve tried resetting it and nothing changes. The only reason I think it tried to update is because this was on the screen when I started the truck and that’s when the trouble started:
What version firmware you have now?

23RAM

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I've got a 2023 RAM 1500 and it's not updated once. Huge file though... almost 18 GB!
Yeah don't expect the navigation to update over the air, it's large and you can simply download them yourself. The radio firmware will update though...I've had several updates automatically.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Updated mine today with usb to 27.46. Shout out to Roman2179 for the assist on this one. So far the radio is shutting off when the truck is turned off like it used to. Also noticed CarPlay connected wirelessly much faster.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 34

Abb0nz

Reaction score
Yeah don't expect the navigation to update over the air, it's large and you can simply download them yourself. The radio firmware will update though...I've had several updates automatically.
Weird. I've only seen one update since I brought the truck in Feb 2023 and that was a UConnect Box update (that seemed to do nothing).
Current firmware is MY23.T27.46 which appears to be the latest?
If it is then I'm guessing the updates are carried out in the background without user knowledge...?

23RAM

Reaction score
Weird. I've only seen one update since I brought the truck in Feb 2023 and that was a UConnect Box update (that seemed to do nothing).
Current firmware is MY23.T27.46 which appears to be the latest?
Yes that's the latest I'm aware of and you're up to date so no more updates are needed at this time. My truck had a total of 3 updates if I recall correctly, and two were very close to each other. The firmware it was shipped with was about a year old, then it did an update shortly after it came home, then again a few weeks later - probably was just catching up. Then it was quite a while before the latest update which was part of a recall and done when the truck was in for service.
If it is then I'm guessing the updates are carried out in the background without user knowledge...?
Yes, it downloads them automatically and notifies you of the update, and that's it.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm still on MY23.T25.48-PROD. Anyone else with a 2023 still on this version?

I've only experienced a few minor issues with UConnect 5 and most have been resolved. I do have one issue that showed up yesterday. The most annoying was the live traffic display. Sometimes it would show traffic, sometimes not. Rebooting the radio would normally fix it. Now that my 3 month trail has expired, that problem no longer exists. :ROFLMAO: I also had a problem with my favorites on SiriusXM not being selectable. That was fixed when I renewed my subscription and linked my TRX to my Sirius account. Yesterday I noticed my clock was one hour fast. GPS time is selected in settings, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. I rebooted the radio, unselected/reselected GPS time and it's still one hour fast. Maybe 27.46 will fix this??

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm still on MY23.T25.48-PROD. Anyone else with a 2023 still on this version?

I've only experienced a few minor issues with UConnect 5 and most have been resolved. I do have one issue that showed up yesterday. The most annoying was the live traffic display. Sometimes it would show traffic, sometimes not. Rebooting the radio would normally fix it. Now that my 3 month trail has expired, that problem no longer exists. :ROFLMAO: I also had a problem with my favorites on SiriusXM not being selectable. That was fixed when I renewed my subscription and linked my TRX to my Sirius account. Yesterday I noticed my clock was one hour fast. GPS time is selected in settings, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. I rebooted the radio, unselected/reselected GPS time and it's still one hour fast. Maybe 27.46 will fix this??
Daylight savings happened last night.

Abb0nz

Reaction score
Yes that's the latest I'm aware of and you're up to date so no more updates are needed at this time. My truck had a total of 3 updates if I recall correctly, and two were very close to each other. The firmware it was shipped with was about a year old, then it did an update shortly after it came home, then again a few weeks later - probably was just catching up. Then it was quite a while before the latest update which was part of a recall and done when the truck was in for service.

Yes, it downloads them automatically and notifies you of the update, and that's it.
Weird, I've never been notified an update has accured... oh well, as long as it's the latest and everything works I won't complain... :)

cliffsta

Reaction score
I got a notification that an update needed to happen when I arrived at my destination, but I had to turn the truck off since I had somewhere to be. I hope the update prompt comes back on when I leave again. Said that radio and other functions won’t be available. A shame I was on a time crunch and couldn’t just sit there for it to update. I’m still on 25.48 or whatever the truck came with.

Edit. The update started after my next stop. I’m now at 27.46 via over the air update!

Attachments

• IMG_9276.jpeg
    IMG_9276.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9277.jpeg
    IMG_9277.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9278.jpeg
    IMG_9278.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'm still on 25.48, truck doesn't get driven that much but it has Wi-Fi connected to my home network. (parked in driveway).

So what will "prompt" it to attempt the update? Is it only during use or should I have it on "run" but not idling for awhile?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm still on 25.48, truck doesn't get driven that much but it has Wi-Fi connected to my home network. (parked in driveway).

So what will "prompt" it to attempt the update? Is it only during use or should I have it on "run" but not idling for awhile?

Mine is still on 25.48 too. I don't drive much either, but not hooked up to Wi-Fi.

The updates just happen randomly. I've had some start the downloading before I could get out of my garage and others while I've been driving around. I'm not sure how they release these updates, but I always seem to get them later than most on this forum.

Edit: I got the prompt to download 27.46 at my first stop today. After it was done installing, it booted back up like it does after a soft reset. No missing buttons, etc.

20240318_120148.jpg 20240318_121437.jpg

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I just have to put it into “run” or drive it for a while…

23RAM

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I just have to put it into “run” or drive it for a while…
I don't think it makes a difference what you do...I've done longer drives and then later that day on a quick drive around the corner it prompted for an update. Whatever the process, you'll get it whenever you get it. Or you can talk to your dealer as 27.46 is a recall update (backup camera safety requirement) and they can do a flash update that takes about 15 minutes. That's how I got mine when I went in for an oil change.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I don't think it makes a difference what you do...I've done longer drives and then later that day on a quick drive around the corner it prompted for an update. Whatever the process, you'll get it whenever you get it. Or you can talk to your dealer as 27.46 is a recall update (backup camera safety requirement) and they can do a flash update that takes about 15 minutes. That's how I got mine when I went in for an oil change.
Thanks

Arth

Reaction score
Watched this thread for a while. My 23 was on the 25.xx update for a long time. Yesterday it decided to update.

No issues for me all is still well.

20240327_113223.jpg

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I wonder if they still continue with looking for bugs or adding features and perhaps a version 28 will be out soon or so.

Users who are viewing this thread