5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect T25.51 Update

23RAM

Reaction score
DO BETTER and people won't have a need to share updates on forums.
While I agree with this part, the software updates are proprietary and Stellantis doesn't want the hassle of someone getting a corrupt download messing up a bunch of radios causing more warranty work. I get that.
I understand he's trying to help, but perhaps his computer has a virus or malware without his knowledge. It's the main reason I won't download a posted file from an unknown source.

Roman2179

Reaction score
While I agree with this part, the software updates are proprietary and Stellantis doesn't want the hassle of someone getting a corrupt download messing up a bunch of radios causing more warranty work. I get that.
I understand he's trying to help, but perhaps his computer has a virus or malware without his knowledge. It's the main reason I won't download a posted file from an unknown source.
Well that's exactly it, there was a time in the RA4 days when we could go to to the UConnect website and download the updates ourselves. Then they started pushing OTAs that never really worked well through end of RA4, UC4 and still don't completely work on UC5. If they don't want to people looking for other sources, they need to make them available in a timely manner.

Prime example would the T25.48 update that broke a bunch options. Once the fix in T25.51 started shipping, there were still people that weren't able to get the update. There are a lot of things they need to fix, starting with doing proper testing, regression testing, and validation. T25.48 was a shining example of complete lack testing and release methodology. In fact, a few forum members and I had the update on our radios about four months prior to the OTA being pushed to the MY22s. We encountered all the issues posted here and had them resolved in about half a day with a few minor BCM tweaks but that's not an option for 99.9% of the people. So what was Uconnect doing in that time? We were 3/3 on surround view issues and 2/3 on the menus disappearing so it's not like those issues were rare occurrences.

If they are going to be lax with testing/validation and they don't plan on fixing the OTA issues (going on 7-8 years now, not holding my breath), then they should at least make it easy to get the updates once they're available. Getting them ourselves would be great but even the dealers being able to download them on day one instead of having to jump through hoops would be a massive improvement. I really don't expect to see any meaningful changes in their processes any time soon as they have had these issues for years and nothing has changed. Maybe one day, who knows.

Last edited:

DeanM2

Reaction score
My 2023 Ram has a recall for a software update. Instead of just pushing it to the trucks, they require a Dealer visit. In 2023 that is just ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!

23RAM

Reaction score
My 2023 Ram has a recall for a software update. Instead of just pushing it to the trucks, they require a Dealer visit. In 2023 that is just ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!
I watched the update as I was simply parked in the lot when they did it, and it seems it's much more intrusive than the previous OTA updates I've had. It made the EVIC flash repeatedly while updating, and restarted twice. I think they wanted to ensure the vehicle was stationary for the update for safety reasons - it's not just an update, it's a recall.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
This is because the file is to large for OTA, same with maps if you get to far behind (for whatever reason) it’s a 2GB - 5 part update, the units don’t have ability to decompress and install files of this size. So the dealer does it, not different than a full hard drive in your computer, it simply won’t update.

DeanM2

Reaction score
This is because the file is to large for OTA,
Not buying that! Yes, the map files may be too large, but not the firmware. My phone, using the same cellular connection as my truck, is able to download and install firmware updates without issues. They might need to stagger the roll-out by VIN, etc. but it should absolutely be do-able.

Roman2179

Reaction score
This is because the file is to large for OTA, same with maps if you get to far behind (for whatever reason) it’s a 2GB - 5 part update, the units don’t have ability to decompress and install files of this size. So the dealer does it, not different than a full hard drive in your computer, it simply won’t update.
I really doubt it's the size, the MY22.S26.17 update was 19gigs and some people got it via OTA. It's mostly broken methodology of doing updates on their end. They are either way to conservative on the roll outs where some people are already seeing the latest version rolling out while others still one if not more versions behind. Then the flip side is they go too aggressive (MY23.T25.48) and push the update aggressively even though they've done next zero validation on MY22 trucks. It's not that it can't work, it's that they really haven't figured out how to make it work in the last 7-8 years of trying.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
So I have a question about the updates. My 22 came with the 8.4” non nav. I was always getting ota updates. I recently swapped for the 12.1” and it has 25.48 on it. Performance and off road pages are currently working. Will I get ota updates since this isn’t original equipment for my truck? What will I gain if I do update it? I know I will lose performance and off-road pages, but is there a benefit that makes it worth it?

23RAM

Reaction score
This is because the file is to large for OTA,
I don't believe the file is too large - other updates of similar size have downloaded automatically OTA - I received two updates since picking up the truck in Feb. This latest update is a safety recall and Stellantis likely wants to make sure everyone gets the update properly for legal reasons.
same with maps if you get to far behind
Navigation maps have never downloaded automatically for me, although the literature suggests that it will over wifi. I believe those are too large - currently 16.6 gigs total. The chart plotter maps for my boat do not update over wifi, although the plotter will update itself over wifi without issue. I have to download the maps to my computer, then update the plotter maps. Updates to the maps for my truck are free to download from Stellantis, and I've done a couple updates. Map updates for my Garmin portable GPS are also free, but I need to download and install those too.
I really doubt it's the size, the MY22.S26.17 update was 19gigs and some people got it via OTA.
That's a typo - radio updates are around 2 gigs. Similar to recent Android phone updates. The current update that is part of the recall is 2.1 gigs.

DeanM2

Reaction score
This latest update is a safety recall and Stellantis likely wants to make sure everyone gets the update properly for legal reasons.
Tesla has performed many Safety Recalls on its vehicles, via pushed software updates. It isn't a legal problem, it is a technology problem on the part of Ram! As someone above stated, its been 7-8 years and Ram still can't figure it out. Perhaps Ram should outsource their software development to Tesla.

23RAM

Reaction score
Tesla has performed many Safety Recalls on its vehicles, via pushed software updates. It isn't a legal problem, it is a technology problem on the part of Ram! As someone above stated, its been 7-8 years and Ram still can't figure it out. Perhaps Ram should outsource their software development to Tesla.
Apples and oranges.
Where is your nearest Tesla dealer? For many a visit to a Tesla dealer for a recall means hours of driving, some areas require an overnight trip. Same here in Canada in many areas. It's not like RAM dealers where there's one in the next town or so. I know I wouldn't want to drive 3 hours one way to get a recall software update.

DeanM2

Reaction score
Apples and oranges.
Where is your nearest Tesla dealer? For many a visit to a Tesla dealer for a recall means hours of driving, some areas require an overnight trip. Same here in Canada in many areas. It's not like RAM dealers where there's one in the next town or so. I know I wouldn't want to drive 3 hours one way to get a recall software update.
Apparently, you do not understand. With a Tesla software recall, you don't have to go to the Dealer. they "push" the software update to your vehicle over the air. No Owner action required. For a Tesla hardware recall, you are correct about needing to go to a Tesla Service Center. But this Thread is about software updates.

23RAM

Reaction score
Apparently, you do not understand.
Oh I understand just fine...my point is many owners can't just go across town to visit a Tesla dealer so they need to do it OTA.

Not that it matters, I'd never buy a Tesla or any EV today.

Roman2179

Reaction score
I don't believe the file is too large - other updates of similar size have downloaded automatically OTA - I received two updates since picking up the truck in Feb. This latest update is a safety recall and Stellantis likely wants to make sure everyone gets the update properly for legal reasons.

Navigation maps have never downloaded automatically for me, although the literature suggests that it will over wifi. I believe those are too large - currently 16.6 gigs total. The chart plotter maps for my boat do not update over wifi, although the plotter will update itself over wifi without issue. I have to download the maps to my computer, then update the plotter maps. Updates to the maps for my truck are free to download from Stellantis, and I've done a couple updates. Map updates for my Garmin portable GPS are also free, but I need to download and install those too.

That's a typo - radio updates are around 2 gigs. Similar to recent Android phone updates. The current update that is part of the recall is 2.1 gigs.
Not a typo, that update is 19gigs. I have the USB download of it.

yma0088

Reaction score
Good afternoon! I have a car of 2023 with firmware MY23T 25.47 The problem is that my wireless CarPlay does not work. CarPlay only works via cable. Please tell me which firmware can help me fix this problem.

s8er01z

Reaction score
T25.51 is the latest from what I see here. 😬 might an issue with your actual radio if wireless CarPlay doesn’t work at all.

seansmd

Reaction score
I use this link and for my vin says I am up to date and i am on T25.48......

I worry applying a different update that isnt pushed with introduce some issues, thought i read here some folks did and they lost some camera functionality and RAM had to roll them back or provide a newer update.

Car manufacturers have not figured this out,outside of Tesla who has.

23RAM

Reaction score
T25.51 is the latest from what I see here. 😬 might an issue with your actual radio if wireless CarPlay doesn’t work at all.
I guess you TLDR - latest is FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD which is recall version I have in my radio now.

Users who are viewing this thread