5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect T25.48 Update (What's New)

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is a Heavy duty ram, and it has all possible camera options enabled. Cargo camera is not a factory option on 1500’s.
For the off road pages, you can’t get them if the truck wasn’t originally equipped with them because it’s subscription based.
I was just mainly showing a pic of the mirror camera soft keys re-populating after the model year change. People also don’t realize the other camera views that they aren’t getting that this new update adds into the cameras section, so it’s not just that the mirror cameras disappear from before the update (circled in red):
View attachment 164215
That was nice of you to draw on your screen to help us understand.

Randboye

Reaction score
The point of mirror cameras are for the 360 degree view.
Maybe, but I hardly use the 360 degree view but I use the left mirror everyday I pull into my garage so hit my mark that have on my floor to know exactly where to stop, so my truck fits into the garage without me hitting my work bench and bike and the door still closes. I use the R also but the L is used the most.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe, but I hardly use the 360 degree view but I use the left mirror everyday I pull into my garage so hit my mark that have on my floor to know exactly where to stop, so my truck fits into the garage without me hitting my work bench and bike and the door still closes. I use the R also but the L is used the most.
That makes sense, but I was responding to your post about why have them if they get disabled with updates.
Are you saying the cameras are disabled and you have 2 black areas on the side of your truck during 360\reverse view where the ground would be?

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
My truck is a Heavy duty ram, and it has all possible camera options enabled. Cargo camera is not a factory option on 1500’s.
For the off road pages, you can’t get them if the truck wasn’t originally equipped with them because it’s subscription based.
I was just mainly showing a pic of the mirror camera soft keys re-populating after the model year change. People also don’t realize the other camera views that they aren’t getting that this new update adds into the cameras section, so it’s not just that the mirror cameras disappear from before the update (circled in red):
View attachment 164215
Great song you have playing there, Jimmy (y)

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
There's a pull down at the top middle of the screen.
If you have memory seats you can also hit #2 on the driver door to change profiles.
@Darksteel165 I appreciate you. That allowed me to switch profiles and then perform a factory reset where I too can confirm I'm bitten by the OTA bug and am now on MY23 T25.48 with a MY22 truck.

Last edited:

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
Me as well. Been messed up the same way for 2 weeks now. Messaged @RamCares and they basically said the same as they did here "we're taking a look at it". Inconvenient not being able to adjust settings or use any of the apps...
@dropnbassonu Yep, my patience finally wore thin enough to stop lurking here and give a shout out on this great forum since being a first time new RAM owner since last year June.

I have followed the advice of several others here to basically switch profiles and then navigate to the factory reset option at the end of the scrolling menu options on the left under the vehicle button on the bottom of the screen.

I was able to simply navigate to the profile by using the profile button at the very top middle of the touch screen just like @Darksteel165 said.

Randboye

Reaction score
That makes sense, but I was responding to your post about why have them if they get disabled with updates.
Are you saying the cameras are disabled and you have 2 black areas on the side of your truck during 360\reverse view where the ground would be?
The 360 view works as does the reverse camera view. Before the latest update T25.48-Prod I had L and R mirror view of my front tires. I would go into vehicle menu /cameras and I had a short cut to the L/R mirror camera view ( see post from Jimmy07 ) today in this tread. He posted a screen shot picture from the vehicle menu /camera, control, setting screen. Also in the control setting / power steps, before turning off the engine or open the door, I could deploy the steps and they would stay deployed and not retract. I did this along with raising my air suspension to highest level to help with door dings when parking in tight sports. After the update I couldn't access those features under my profile, I accidently found that under my wife's profile those features worked except the individual side camera views. Jimmy07 said he use the AlfaOBD to change the model year to 2023 in the BCM and it fixed his same issue, that help him until they fix the update issues.

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
This update fixed the "device unsupported" error that popped up every time I started the truck.
Just commenting to say I had the same issue which now appears to be fixed and not longer pops up with this MY23 T25.48 update to my 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
I also received the update in my 2022 Limited. After the update, I lost the right and left mirror cameras (still have the 360 camera and rear view camera). Anyone know how to get them back to function?
Same exact issue for me. The cameras work in the 360 surround view mode, but are no longer selectable as they were before the MY23 update to my 2022 Limited Longhorn.

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
I’ve also lost my right and left camera view which I do find handy and often. Makes me mad these updates they push out are always changing functions or buggy. I’ve had every one since the UC5 came out and they’ve all had bugs. At least the last one wasn’t as buggy and we had all the camera views. I wish they’d start a beta group you could sign up for so they don’t screw everyone’s radios up every time they push out an update.
Preach!

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As an update, your comments on the thread were escalated to the proper teams to work on a resolution regarding the Surround View Camera. To stay on top of the resolution, you are welcome to send our team a PM, including your VIN and any additional feedback about the update, so we can document a case to help prompt a resolution as quickly as possible.

Steph
Ram Cares
@RamCares
Steph,
Hello. I appreciate your prompt response. I tried to "PM" you and want to ensure I did it correctly. Would you please reply to that effort when you have a moment please?
Cheers.
V/r
Todd

Roman2179

Reaction score
Pretty incredible that @Jimmy07, one of our other friends, and I discovered the menus/settings and camera soft key issues when we did the update manually months ago and UConnect didn't find them. We were 3/3 on camera soft keys and 2/3 on the menus. We figured out pretty quickly that a factory reset brings back the menus and changing the year in the BCM to 2023 fixes the side camera soft keys. Given that all three of us were hit with the issues during our manual update, seems like UConnect did exactly zero validation for the MY23 firmware in MY22 trucks since it's not like the issues were rare occurrences.

@RamCares Get it together with these updates. Basic validation and regression testing isn't exactly rocket science. We were taught these concepts in first year CSE classes, it's really not that hard.

flyjets

Reaction score
I think I got this update too, but now I can't access the vehicle settings or apps screens.
I can't even check to see what version I'm on now.

When I press the apps button, it says "loading" momentarily, then takes me to the home screen.
The vehicle setting screen loads, but only display the background with nothing in the main screen or title bar area.
I've reset the unit numerous times with no difference.

Edit: I can confirm that I am on MY23 T25.48. When I tried to go back to 26.17, it showed the current version and what I wanted to install, then said I can't go backwards to older versions. 😡

What now? Evidently, another patch is in order.
@RamCares

View attachment 163645 View attachment 163646
Mine is doing exactly what you described taking it to the dealer today he downloaded a fix he said.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is doing exactly what you described taking it to the dealer today he downloaded a fix he said.
What version is yours now? If it is really a patch, I would think it shows a different version or patch level.
Did your profile change at all? Maybe they just did the work-around by creating a new profile and deleting your old one.

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
What version is yours now? If it is really a patch, I would think it shows a different version or patch level.
Did your profile change at all? Maybe they just did the work-around by creating a new profile and deleting your old one.
I have an appointment Monday. I’ll let you know what they do to help fix this.

Besides the disappearance of my cameras, something else I can no longer do is choose the car play widget as on my my selections for display screen layout.

I preferred the CarPlay on the top half, and then what’s playing on the radio on the bottom quarter, and then the other quarter was favorite app buttons etc.

Now, it just defaults to the Nav screen on top half etc.

I’m pretty sure I’m missing one other function I used to have, I just can’t find it out figure it out yet. lol.

Dcam2man

Reaction score
I have an appointment Monday. I’ll let you know what they do to help fix this.

Besides the disappearance of my cameras, something else I can no longer do is choose the car play widget as on my my selections for display screen layout.

I preferred the CarPlay on the top half, and then what’s playing on the radio on the bottom quarter, and then the other quarter was favorite app buttons etc.

Now, it just defaults to the Nav screen on top half etc.

I’m pretty sure I’m missing one other function I used to have, I just can’t find it out figure it out yet. lol.
Ditto on the car play not available as a widget setting. I have all the same problems and am extremely disappointed in the 25.48 OTA. RAM Cares how ‘bout having UCONNECT push out an updated OTA, after proper testing. The kludge of setting up a new profile continues the owner hassle of having to recreate a setup that they spent time customizing. This is the third time since purchase of having to build a menu tree. Will I be doing this again at 26.15, 27.x, 28.x. How about letting us peel back these worthless “upgrades” and stick with the prior uconnect. I am not offered the choice to freeze my Setup to avoid being your Guinea pig and beta tester. I know I am echoing other posts, but the UC5 12” has all the functions I need but the continual one step forward and two steps back is highly annoying and wasteful of my time and energy.
Looking forward to a speedy resolution with a fresh OTA that restores all mirror, CarPlay, and other functions for all. GET BUSY!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Me too! I believe some have posted in this forum that IPhone user can access full screen CarPlay. Why the sub-standard experience for the more skilled Android users @RamCares Steph...anyone...anyone @RamCares can explain, pretty please.....anyone ?
Hi jackedin,

I'm not able to provide further explanation why this is not available for Android Auto at this time, but our team has been notified on others posts on the forum, and other social platforms, regarding this capability. We continue to share the feedback to the internal teams to review, but we have not received further feedback on this capability.
Hi Steph, Is this a full screen shot of the TSB with "What's new" OTA SW update T25.48 or only the part you want us to see? If not could you please post the full TSB or provide a link to the document for us to see. Thanks in advance!
Regarding the TSB, that is the most we can share regarding the symptoms that are addressed in the update. I cannot provide a link or full copies of the bulletin.

Steph
Ram Cares

jjfranco

Reaction score
Anyone here lose Climate Control with the latest update???? Boy do I wish I would have kept my 2016 Rebel… hate the “technology” on my 22 Longhorn 12 inch.

jackedin

Reaction score
Hi jackedin,

I'm not able to provide further explanation why this is not available for Android Auto at this time, but our team has been notified on others posts on the forum, and other social platforms, regarding this capability. We continue to share the feedback to the internal teams to review, but we have not received further feedback on this capability.

Regarding the TSB, that is the most we can share regarding the symptoms that are addressed in the update. I cannot provide a link or full copies of the bulletin.

Steph
Ram Cares
<a href="
">

Users who are viewing this thread