5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
I tried sending a reset signal and no change. I also noticed that there is no traffic shown on the map.

When looking at packages at Sirius XM it says that Infotainment packages are not supported on my truck.
I called XM a technician is calling me back. I don’t have high hopes that they will be able to get this resolved. It is troublesome seeing how many people are having issues with this.

LV426

Reaction score
Okay so I guess for the UC5 its not SXM anymore, looks like its called "Ram Connect" now (another forum member commented in another thread).
Remember this is not XMGuardian anymore. It is now Ram Connect through the Ram app not the Uconnect app.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I called XM a technician is calling me back. I don’t have high hopes that they will be able to get this resolved. It is troublesome seeing how many people are having issues with this.
if you have a ‘22 MY truck you have the NEW UC5 system and it is NOT XM Guardian anymore and doesn’t use the Uconnect app. It is Ram Connect and uses the RAM app. Not sure, but I’ll look back in here to see, what your issue is.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. Just bought a new 2022 Ram 1500 sport. Love the truck however that darned weather app keeps giving me the “error loading please try again later”. My xm just switch from demo to platinum so I was hoping that would fix it but no luck. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated (I tried everything posted on the thread thus far)
Remember that with the ‘22s you wont be able to use the old UC4 version tricks and tips. UC5 is a whole new system and the 2 are not comparable.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
My '22 Limited, too. Also, it never shows the traffic flow, despite having it turned on.
Unfortunately there are things for the UC5 system that are not enabled yet or haven’t been pushed out. This could be one of them. Others are Alexa, google assistant, and SiriusXM user profile editing are a few other issues still.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. Just bought a new 2022 Ram 1500 sport. Love the truck however that darned weather app keeps giving me the “error loading please try again later”. My xm just switch from demo to platinum so I was hoping that would fix it but no luck. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated (I tried everything posted on the thread thus far)
Have you tried soft reset yet? Hold the power button for 10-15 sec and it will restart/reset the radio. This sometimes will fix some issues. Also there was a OTA update 21C.6 pushed out and might have fixed this.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
When looking at packages at Sirius XM it says that Infotainment packages are not supported on my truck.
Look here (it won’t show package prices) to see the different packages. See thumbnail, I circled the items to look for.

Ram Connect FAQs

It’s different now for the ‘22s as they’ve switched to Ram Connect instead of XMguardian.

963CBA92-1DDA-4A97-A8D1-B9E44F156F9D.jpeg

Gdwheel

Reaction score
Have you tried soft reset yet? Hold the power button for 10-15 sec and it will restart/reset the radio. This sometimes will fix some issues. Also there was a OTA update 21C.6 pushed out and might have fixed this.
I have the 21C.6 update. It did not help. No weather and no traffic.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I have the 21C.6 update. It did not help. No weather and no traffic.
Just may not be an active feature yet as the others I’ve listed above. The regular customer service reps weren’t much help but the upper level techs did know more, just not everything.

LV426

Reaction score
What this all tells us is that one, they still don't have their **** together regarding these radios and two, UC4 users are screwed and will probably never get and any fixes/patch's, etc...

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Soft reset definitely helps with little glitches. I couldn’t get CarPlay to pick up my phone and this did the trick.

LV426

Reaction score
Just curious, does the UC5 have an actual "reset" or do you still have to disconnect the battery? I could never comprehend the lack of a reset button or combination of buttons for the 12" UC4...
***(when I refer to reset, I mean like a soft restart, like you would with a PC, Xbox, router, etc...)***

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Just curious, does the UC5 have an actual "reset" or do you still have to disconnect the battery? I could never comprehend the lack of a reset button or combination of buttons for the 12" UC4...
***(when I refer to reset, I mean like a soft restart, like you would with a PC, Xbox, router, etc...)***
Look at post 108 above.

LV426

Reaction score
Damn.... Missed that....
So does it actually do a reboot? Like a splash screen, looks like its restarting, etc...? I remember people insisting that holding down the power on the UC4 did a restart/reset but is does nothing but shut the screen off.

Crash55

Reaction score
Look here (it won’t show package prices) to see the different packages. See thumbnail, I circled the items to look for.

Ram Connect FAQs

It’s different now for the ‘22s as they’ve switched to Ram Connect instead of XMguardian.

View attachment 112767
Yeah I figured out that the weather and traffic are from Ram Connect and not XM. Since my truck only two weeks old I have all the trial packages still active so I should have it but no luck.

LV426

Reaction score
So what are the dealers telling you guys? "Just sit tight, should be an update soon"

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Connect FAQs

View attachment 112767

Thanks for this. So kind of off-topic, any idea what the service costs after the trial runs out? I got logged in and could only see my subscriptions but not cost to renew when it expires after the 3 months.

Biesty

Reaction score
I have never needed to reset mine but I have seen this on other forums for how to reset the 12" UC4 and people responding that it worked.

Reset instructions for 12" UC4
Hold down the middle power and middle tuner knob buttons for 10 seconds and let off at the same time.
The system will restart completely.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Yeah I figured out that the weather and traffic are from Ram Connect and not XM. Since my truck only two weeks old I have all the trial packages still active so I should have it but no luck.
You should but some things are not enabled/available yet in the software. Like listed above: Alexa, google and other things have not been pushed out yet to work. So in reality we are getting a 3 month trial of a partial functional software system. Eventually the folks buying behind us will get a 100% capable package to trial run.

Why would we want to pay monthly/yearly for a package that doesn’t have 100% functionality yet? I know I wouldn’t.

@RamCares should take note of this and allow early adopters like us to receive a longer trial for the Assistance + Navigation package until the functionality is 100% and we can truly make an informed decision on this package as to pay for or not.

Users who are viewing this thread