5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Thanks for this. So kind of off-topic, any idea what the service costs after the trial runs out? I got logged in and could only see my subscriptions but not cost to renew when it expires after the 3 months.
I’ve read on here that some think it will be around $15-$20 a month. Honestly though I have no idea and not sure I’d pay that much for a partially working Assistance + Navigation package. I might down the road pay for a month to get updates once they’re available if needed but I hardly use the system nav.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve yet to use the system nav, I do use the app for remote start, and want to keep that. Not sure I’m willing to pay $20 a month for it though.

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Right now there is no way I would pay once the trial is done for a partially functioning system. The remote start is nice but not worth paying for.
I agree zero percent chance it resembles anything worth paying extra for. It is disappointing that a truck with a 85 thousand dollar sticker price has half working technology.

Crash55

Reaction score
After work tonight i thought I would see if there was an update. As part of that I had to connect to my house wifi. After doing that I clicked on weather and suddenly it was working. Not sure if it was coincidence or if it means you need to have a hotspot running to get the weather.

Tomorrow I will try it when I am away from wifi. If it doesn't work then I will hook it up to the free trial wifi hotspot that came with the truck

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
After work tonight i thought I would see if there was an update. As part of that I had to connect to my house wifi. After doing that I clicked on weather and suddenly it was working. Not sure if it was coincidence or if it means you need to have a hotspot running to get the weather.

Tomorrow I will try it when I am away from wifi. If it doesn't work then I will hook it up to the free trial wifi hotspot that came with the truck

This may be a stupid question… This is my first time owning a ram. Is there any way to use the data on my phone (connect to my phones hotspot) to give connectivity to like the Alexa app and weather?
I get unlimited data on my phone so paying for at and t would be pointless.

I used my phones hotspot in the download over wifi section and connected it there but every time I leave that screen it disconnects from the hotspot.

Biesty

Reaction score

Is that a feature of UC5 only? I wasn't aware I could connect my truck's UC4 to my mobile phone hotspot or my house's wifi.

Crash55

Reaction score
Software update today for UC5. Weather and traffic are mostly working. A couple times it didn't connect for weather but most times it is working

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
I got sick of waiting for this to work. I called RAM assistance and the customer service rep said about 5 other people have called with issues of the weather app not working. I am now waiting for a call back from a level 2 tech representative. Not expecting much but maybe they will offer something I haven’t tried.
Hopefully this is figured out soon.

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Just talked to my case manager again. He said they are absolutely slammed with calls and it is a known issue effecting weather, traffic and connected services such as gas prices Didn’t offer any advice and satiated I will receive a call in a couple days. At this point I’m not really expecting much. Seems like they just released the software that is half working. If I hear anything I will update.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Add me to the list of nothing working. No traffic, Gas, weather, weather map displays just map no gas info.
Add me to the list as well. 😔 kinda sad considering the radio in my 2019 Grand Cherokee works great, nav, weather, etc works great. 🤷‍♂️ Even my 2016 2500 Longhorn worked great!

REALLY irritated that my BRAND new truck radio doesn't work "as listed" even though we paid extra to have navigation, etc.

Attachments

• 20211220_113446.jpg
    20211220_113446.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 18

Nbt22555

Reaction score
Add me to the list as well. 😔 kinda sad considering the radio in my 2019 Grand Cherokee works great, nav, weather, etc works great. 🤷‍♂️ Even my 2016 2500 Longhorn worked great!

REALLY irritated that my BRAND new truck radio doesn't work "as listed" even though we paid extra to have navigation, etc.
I have been bounced around all day now. Does anyone have a number to someone who we can call? that is aware of it and can at least let them know we need help. I like all my features to work when i own something or i will just dump it and buy a different brand. First time ram owner here. I love the truck but a few bugs that seem to plague it. 4 phone call deep no answers the best is uconnect says i have software version 28. something and i went to truck and advised i do not have that version lol and the guy was lost. see attached pic. I have ran out of time and patience today lol and yes my grammar is terrible

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
I have been bounced around all day now. Does anyone have a number to someone who we can call? that is aware of it and can at least let them know we need help. I like all my features to work when i own something or i will just dump it and buy a different brand. First time ram owner here. I love the truck but a few bugs that seem to plague it. 4 phone call deep no answers the best is uconnect says i have software version 28. something and i went to truck and advised i do not have that version lol and the guy was lost. see attached pic. I have ran out of time and patience today lol and yes my grammar is terrible
@RamCares
What REALLY can and will **** me off is if/when they fix the problem, how much time will have passed? Meaning that whole trial period BS is worthless to me. IE; Hey we fixed it, enjoy your last week of "trial period", now pay sucka to enjoy it.

This is DEFINITELY some of the most halfa$$ sh!t I've seen in a LONG LONG time.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares
What REALLY can and will **** me off is if/when they fix the problem, how much time will have passed? Meaning that whole trial period BS is worthless to me. IE; Hey we fixed it, enjoy your last week of "trial period", now pay sucka to enjoy it.

This is DEFINITELY some of the most halfa$$ sh!t I've seen in a LONG LONG time.
Unfortunately, as you can see this has been a long term issue that hasn't been fixed for those that have it. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. Realistically your options are to deal with it or get a different vehicle....

Users who are viewing this thread