5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

hunter1234

Reaction score
yep, the weather map is worthless, very rarely shows the radar and I commute an 1 1/2 hours each way so it would have plenty of time to do so. The weather on my 2016 always came up after 1-2 minutes. I have also found the new Uconnect guardian is likely not worth renewing after the free period. The new one does not show a health report or recall notices definitely a step backwards. About the only thing that I occasionally use from the phone is the remote start but the key fob is usually good enough in most cases and the service is not worth the annual cost.

TimD

Reaction score
+1 on the not working thing. If I wait for 1-2 minutes, it may flash up the weather on the blank map, then it goes away after 30 seconds and never reappears... Just in case anyone is counting how many people have this issue.

Rhodie

Reaction score
Add me to the unhappy list. My 2016 1500 worked great, and I used the app to determine the best route home after arriving at my nearest airport ( 2-1/2 hrs away) on the midnight flight . The app on my 2019 RAM2500 Limited has all the same limitations described in this thread - badly needs a new f/w update

Rupp

Reaction score
Add me to the list as well. 2020 Limited and no weather map but I'm about to run out of my free year so it's sayonara baby.

Terb59

Reaction score
I found that if I zoom out to the "world view," then map updates. Then I can zoom back in, and the weather stays updated. Sorry, I didn't research this thread if it was mentioned before.

LV426

Reaction score
So I saw this thread yesterday and decided to check mine this morning because I was knowingly driving into some rain. I have a 30 min ride to work and could see on my phone's weather map that rain was ahead. The Uconnect map had no updated radar/weather information the entire ride in, nothing... Once I pulled into my spot I started to fiddle around with it and then the radar (rain) magically appeared.
This could service potentially come in handy because the weather changes quick here in Florida however I'll stick to my phone.

So, are these services (Travel link, Guardian) included with this rather expensive touchscreen just a failed endeavor? Seems like this started off with great intentions and then they either decided it was too expensive or too complicated and just gave up.

atrain68

Reaction score
I've had my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie for one year and still no resolution on the weather radar map. To some it might seem like a small issue, but I disagree. The weather map is indispensable on long trips and it should work like every other car and truck in the world using the Sirius weather feature. My last four cars/SUV's (not FCA) have the same feature and it works flawlessly.

Hey FCA! Why do the weather front arrows point backwards, on the rare occasion it works? Why is the contrast feature not working, on the rare occasion you get a radar picture? Why does the radar picture paint only certain parts of the country and then disappears, often for the rest of the day? It's an embarrassing software glitch that should have been corrected long ago. I was told an update is one month away one year ago! I love the truck, but everything should work, especially for those of us who paid for the 12" UConnect feature!

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Yes its BS, I had a 2021 Grand Cherokee as a loaner for a month with the 8ninch screen and the weather map worked instantly AND kept updating itself like every 5 minutes... but yet the one in my 2020 with the 12 incher doesnt till about 5 minutes goes by, then its flashed for 5 seconds and never to return.

LV426

Reaction score
So with all of these reports of this feature (as well as other things...) not working properly, how come no one from Ramcares, Uconnect or Sirrus chimes in with an update or something? I don't even know which company would be responsible for this because they point at each other when you contact their support...

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine actually updated the map in less than a minute!

I was demonstrating how it did not work to a CoWorker.. and the damn thing popped up with the incoming storm on the radar. :ROFLMAO:

LV426

Reaction score
I've noticed it does sometimes update quickly, but then disappears and does not reload the updated data (radar) for several minutes making it kind of useless/unreliable.
As for the traffic, it seems to be updating that correctly (green, yellow, red) so I'm not sure why they can't get the Weather sorted out.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not working means it’s working exactly as it’s supposed to. Had mine for a year and it has never worked. I just gave up.

LV426

Reaction score
Well, here is the Weather Map in action 15 minutes into my ride home and it has already updated 2 or 3 times... Big *** thunderstorm right in front of me and nothing on the map.(n)

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_145636.jpg
    IMG_20210721_145636.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26

LV426

Reaction score
Well here it is, directly from SiriusXm support...

"Our engineering team confirmed that this is a radio issue. They responded "This was fixed in MY21 – But for MY20, you need to go in this screen (maps), wait 10 seconds, go out of this screen back to the SXM now Playing Screen, then wait 5 minutes. Then go back into this screen. The data doesn’t populate until you do this sequence."

So essentially more proof that the radio in the 20's is broken.

Attachments

• xmsaps2.JPG
    xmsaps2.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 25

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you should stop reading these forums and enjoy the great truck you purchased. :) Travel Link weather map is a Free service for 5 years and I can count on one finger the number of times I used it over the last six years.

Fourms are a place for a tiny minority of users to either complain or expound the greatness of a product and everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

If you had owned a Gen 2 Ecodiesel you'd go to bed each night with an upset stomach after reading the forum rather than just enjoying the great truck that it was for almost everyone who owned one.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LV246. Out of curiosity, what is a BIGHORN/LONESTAR ? I had no idea there was such a thing.

Edit: Never mind, I was reading it as Longhorn not Lonestar ;)

Users who are viewing this thread