5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect box battery low

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small rant: If not now, when? After the warranty expires? Moreover, who designs something with a replaceable battery and then refuses to replace it, and how do they (presumably) still have jobs? End rant.
I have the answer on when and will not share with you.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Picked up 2500 that I couldn't pass up.... still have the 1500 on order.

Just got the 'Battery of Uconnect Box requires service. SOS call and related functions may be unavailable. Please visit an authorized dealer' message.
Truck is 12 days old and has a little over 1400 miles on it. Drive it daily. Had just driven it roughly 20 miles, tried the uconnect voice commands at a red light, parked for 5 minutes to run into the house and drop my kid off, and then headed back to work. Upon start up at the house the message came on. Guess I'm heading to the dealer so they note it.

Last edited:

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
So besides the annoying message what is actually happening or wrong? My 2022 does it every now and then and everything still works perfect? They acknowledged the problem again as this happened to the jeeps and the chargers earlier this year and it is fixed now so I’m sure an update soon Will fix it. Some people are trying to file the lemon law because of a pop up message on the fb group lol.. people need to chill a little haha 😂. The new GM truck has motors blowing up and we have a message on our dash lol..

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So besides the annoying message what is actually happening or wrong?
One story I heard is that some of the Uconnect boxes sat on the shelf too long and their batteries don't want to charge properly. Doesn't seem to affect the way the trucks run, but it's less clear if it might prevent downloading updates or something like that.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
One story I heard is that some of the Uconnect boxes sat on the shelf too long and their batteries don't want to charge properly. Doesn't seem to affect the way the trucks run, but it's less clear if it might prevent downloading updates or something like that.
Yeah I heard the same thing as most of the 2022’s in all ram/Chrysler/dodge vehicles use the same battery system. Either way it will get fixed at some point. They fixed the jeep and dodge cars or lost of them already but it did take 3-4 months so people to relax for a little. We have warranties for 3 years for a reason lol..

Tuktuk55

Reaction score
I have a ‘22 2500 with the 8.4” screen. Only has 2K miles. I’ve gotten both the “Uconnect box requires service” and “Uconnect battery requires service” messages, almost right after I bought it and intermittently ever since. I took mine to the dealer and they told me its a common Alaska problem (I live near fairbanks) because we have weak satellite signal. This answer doesnt seem to square with everything Ive read about this issue, but has anyone heard anything similar?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I have a ‘22 2500 with the 8.4” screen. Only has 2K miles. I’ve gotten both the “Uconnect box requires service” and “Uconnect battery requires service” messages, almost right after I bought it and intermittently ever since. I took mine to the dealer and they told me its a common Alaska problem (I live near fairbanks) because we have weak satellite signal. This answer doesnt seem to square with everything Ive read about this issue, but has anyone heard anything similar?
Like said above tons and tons of people have this problem. Nothing to do with Alaska. They are aware of the problem and hopefully it gets an update and fixed soon. Mine is the uconnect box needs service error. The battery one might be another issue as the battery itself may be the problem. I was told the normal one is a software glitch and an update will fix that one.

Reaction score
Apparently, they haven't come out with an update yet. My 1500 has popped this message 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Truck only has 2500 miles on it, too early for problems.

mcat79

Reaction score
I just got this on my 22 also. Following along for any updates from others.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Apparently, they haven't come out with an update yet. My 1500 has popped this message 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Truck only has 2500 miles on it, too early for problems.
Hello 2022Backcountry406,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
I just got this on my 22 also. Following along for any updates from others.
Mcat79,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can add me to the list :( happened 2 days ago, but it hasn't popped up since.

I know my uconnect did an upgrade about 3 weeks ago...no issues.

Should i just check my battery, and throw it on the trickle recharger just to make sure?

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
24aa3a65d1b887fddce60563d488271a.jpg

RamCares

Reaction score
You can add me to the list :( happened 2 days ago, but it hasn't popped up since.

I know my uconnect did an upgrade about 3 weeks ago...no issues.

Should i just check my battery, and throw it on the trickle recharger just to make sure?

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
24aa3a65d1b887fddce60563d488271a.jpg
Hello Arod412,

If you can send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Eticket1337

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the same message. Almost 6000 miles and daily driven…

C0ACFE03-0D68-4126-818F-544147F65798.jpeg

mcat79

Reaction score
@RamCares, thank you for sharing the TSBs. I brought those to my dealer and they reviewed and said that none of those applied and that it’s normal to get that when the car sits for a bit like when it’s on a dealer lot. It’s my daily driver, so that didn’t apply. I’ve only gotten the message once fwiw.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares, thank you for sharing the TSBs. I brought those to my dealer and they reviewed and said that none of those applied and that it’s normal to get that when the car sits for a bit like when it’s on a dealer lot. It’s my daily driver, so that didn’t apply. I’ve only gotten the message once fwiw.
Could you share the TSBs with the rest of us?

mcat79

Reaction score
Could you share the TSBs with the rest of us?
TSB: S228A000005
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Error Message, With Active or Stored Cellular Antenna Open or Short DTCB1560-11, B1560-13, B1561-11or B1561-1
Release Date: May 2022

TSB: S228A000003
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Error Message On Radio Screen And DTC code B22A9-96 Set
Release Date: May 2022

TSB: S2108000015 –REV. H
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Requires Service Message
Release Date: March 2022

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Ha I didn’t even know uconnect has a battery of its own
WAT I was thinking. Could it have ne thing to do with the config of the new E-Torques?

MAKES BOIRD happy, I only have a Plain Jane U Connect 4, w/o all the added stuff, just use my I Phone.

Users who are viewing this thread